Beatty already gone? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Beatty already gone?

I'm guessing anyone who could attach themselves to Dino to get out of BG would do it. And a few weeks later the guy got a better offer.

I'm guessing anyone who could attach themselves to Dino to get out of BG would do it. And a few weeks later the guy got a better offer.
He was part of the staff at UVA.

he's not from the BG staff - he was at UVA last year

Do we know definitively whether he was ever actually part of the staff? His twitter account suggested that he was and the Hoos SB Nation Blog wrote about it, but I never saw anything reported on like ESPN.

Do we know definitively whether he was ever actually part of the staff? His twitter account suggested that he was and the Hoos SB Nation Blog wrote about it, but I never saw anything reported on like ESPN.
ESPN reported it among others. Beatty still has some retweets of the stories in his Twitter timeline.

Whitey23 said:
Closer to wife and kid (and probably more money.)

So I take it he's divorced? The 6 year old complicates things. Moving away from the ex-wife is the easy part (one would think).

So I take it he's divorced? The 6 year old complicates things. Moving away from the ex-wife is the easy part (one would think).
Ya, not sure if that's a typo in the article. It says wife not ex.

Whitey23 said:
Ya, not sure if that's a typo in the article. It says wife not ex.

Yeah who knows. I could see me telling my wife that I got a job in Syracuse and her saying have fun, see you on the weekends.

This clown has had 8 jobs in 8 seasons. F*** the family excuse. This was a money/power play the whole way. Do not believe for a second that this was a family proximity consideration.

Not to mention, another sign that enough $$ for assistants is still a problem here. If the case, Syracuse has nobody to blame but itself.

Last edited:
can't begrudge that the guy wanted to go for more money. at the end of the day it's all nothing other than a business, just like Walmart.

This clown has had 8 jobs in 8 seasons. F*** the family excuse. This was a money/power play the whole way. Do not believe for a second that this was a family proximity consideration.

Not to mention, another sign that enough $$ for assistants is still a problem here. If the case, Syracuse has nobody to blame but itself.

Overreact much? Get a freaking grip.

I don't like losing a highly regarded recruiter but there are plenty of great coaches who can also recruit out there.

Next.

What??? The guy left for "more money and a power play??"

He's 42. He may have realized he won't be a big time coach and to cash in on the , umm, cash and situation best for him.

18-year olds aren't the only ones who change their minds. It's a species thing.

this was my issue w a guy coming in and keeping ZERO assistants from the older staff.

I have issues w how Babers has built this staff on that regard. I understand he is part of some 450 yards per game cult and only his guys understand its powers but cmon they should have kept a few guys vs a guy who came in and left a month later.

Running back coaches who can recruit are a dime a dozen. I'm impressed by Maryland going all in on their staff though. (theyve completely blown away rutgirls)

We still have several openings besides this one now. You want to hire a recruiter, higher Locksley to coach outside receivers and let him recruit in Maryland's backyard.

I'd look to hire someone directly out of Florida and NJ for our last couple of openings.

Last edited:
this was my issue w a guy coming in and keeping ZERO assistants from the older staff.

I have issues w how Babers has built this staff on that regard. I understand he is part of some 450 yards per game cult and only his guys understand its powers but cmon they should have kept a few guys vs a guy who came in and left a month later.

The old staff was doing that well, that he should have kept a couple of them? Interesting.

He went out and hired a nomad, great recruiter, didn't work out, go find the next guy. I have no issue with him keeping much of his staff together, he's coming into a new job, last thing he wants is a bunch of new hires that can't work together, I think this is under valued. Don't need too much ego. You need ants not roaches

If you bought a failing business would you keep the employees that were working at that failing business? How do you know who or where the real problems are by listening to them? Or would you bring over the people you know that can help turn it around. No guarantees, either way but I know what I would do

What??? The guy left for "more money and a power play??"

He's 42. He may have realized he won't be a big time coach and to cash in on the , umm, cash and situation best for him.

18-year olds aren't the only ones who change their minds. It's a species thing.
If he truly has higher aspirations than to be a RB coach the rest of his career, one would think he would tie his career to Babers. The Baylor offensive scheme is the hottest in college football and there is a extremely strong demand for coaches with experience with it.

Look at see what is happening to the careers of coaches in this 'cult'. I am stunned Beatty threw his chance to be part of it to work under a 31 year old former OC at Arkansas State.

Maybe Walt Bell is going to be the next big thing in college football and he got in on the ground floor. When I look at his resume, I don't see the same chances to move up the coaching ladder.

From my perspective, he just threw away a winning lottery ticket.

Relax his spot will be filled; this says more about Beatty than Dino Babers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom