Beatty already gone? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Beatty already gone?

seems like we need to be getting this done with a decent amount of recruiting to go.

If he truly has higher aspirations than to be a RB coach the rest of his career, one would think he would tie his career to Babers. The Baylor offensive scheme is the hottest in college football and there is a extremely strong demand for coaches with experience with it.

Look at see what is happening to the careers of coaches in this 'cult'. I am stunned Beatty threw his chance to be part of it to work under a 31 year old former OC at Arkansas State.

Maybe Walt Bell is going to be the next big thing in college football and he got in on the ground floor. When I look at his resume, I don't see the same chances to move up the coaching ladder.

From my perspective, he just threw away a winning lottery ticket.

This dude is not an up-and-comer. He gets to live in the area he owns relationships in and just worked in. Syracuse is by no means a sure thing - not that Maryland is a guarantee - but knows the area, his ol' boss who got a job there and likely got a few more dollars.

MadNY3 said:
This dude is not an up-and-comer. He gets to live in the area he owns relationships in and just worked in. Syracuse is by no means a sure thing - not that Maryland is a guarantee - but knows the area, his ol' boss who got a job there and likely got a few more dollars.

If Babers had taken that attitude, he wouldn't be here. Bounced around, took a chance late in his career with Briles and Baylor.

He made the best decision for he and his family, and how do we know what the critical factors were that lured him? Obviously money, family, relationships, familiarity, etc...you know- those things we'd all value when accepting a new position.
A bump in the road, IMO, and nothing more.

that
Wasn't he a running back coach?

Money talks ...
that is to bad, he looked on paper to be the best asst.hire----md has money to burn---way bigger upside compared to us

Good for him. Thanks for Ruff coach best of luck with the Terps

I can't blame someone for doing what is best for themselves and their families, but didn't Beatty sign a contract at SU?

that

that is to bad, he looked on paper to be the best asst.hire----md has money to burn---way bigger upside compared to us
Does it strike you as farcical that Maryland, which is essentially bankrupt (if I recall), can be described as having money to burn?

What happened with their stadium costs and general red ink?

I can't blame someone for doing what is best for themselves and their families, but didn't Beatty sign a contract at SU?

I'm sure he would have had a buy out clause. Maybe we can put that money to use and get someone at SU that actually wants to be here.

I'm sure he would have had a buy out clause. Maybe we can put that money to use and get someone at SU that actually wants to be here.
A buyout clause for an assistant coach? For a contract that likely hadn't gone into effect yet?
Methinks he was likely free to go prior to today.

Does it strike you as farcical that Maryland, which is essentially bankrupt (if I recall), can be described as having money to burn?

Under Armour happened.

Moontan said:
A buyout clause for an assistant coach? For a contract that likely hadn't gone into effect yet? Methinks he was likely free to go prior to today.

If he's one of the coaches who coached in the BG game, I doubt he was even under contract with SU. Asst contracts are typically year to year. Can't be under contract with both schools. Another asst tweeted today was his first day, so I'd think their BG contracts just expired. So instead of signing an SU contract, he may instead have decided to sign with MD. I also think contacting recruits was probably done while not officially employed by SU is probably done often.

Under Armour happened.
They've been around long before the recent financial woes. At the time the Big 1? acquired MD they were a distressed property. They lost an AD due to financial mismanagement, didn't they? Serious, staggering numbers. So what changed all of a sudden? I thought the state might have been on the hook for $100M+ in stadium costs alone.

If he's one of the coaches who coached in the BG game, I doubt he was even under contract with SU. Asst contracts are typically year to year. Can't be under contract with both schools. Another asst tweeted today was his first day, so I'd think their BG contracts just expired. So instead of signing an SU contract, he may instead have decided to sign with MD. I also think contacting recruits was probably done while not officially employed by SU is probably done often.
He came from Virginia, not BG... but the same reasoning applies, as I hinted at as well.

Moontan said:
He came from Virginia, not BG... but the same reasoning applies, as I hinted at as well.

Fair enough. Va or BG I bet he never had an SU contract.

He'll need a lot more money, cost of living isn't close.
how far is it from his current residence to md.?he may not need to m
this was my issue w a guy coming in and keeping ZERO assistants from the older staff.

I have issues w how Babers has built this staff on that regard. I understand he is part of some 450 yards per game cult and only his guys understand its powers but cmon they should have kept a few guys vs a guy who came in and left a month later.
acosta for sure
The old staff was doing that well, that he should have kept a couple of them? Interesting.

He went out and hired a nomad, great recruiter, didn't work out, go find the next guy. I have no issue with him keeping much of his staff together, he's coming into a new job, last thing he wants is a bunch of new hires that can't work together, I think this is under valued. Don't need too much ego. You need ants not roaches

If you bought a failing business would you keep the employees that were working at that failing business? How do you know who or where the real problems are by listening to them? Or would you bring over the people you know that can help turn it around. No guarantees, either way but I know what I would do
i love the ants not roaches analogy---that was great

javadoc, they are transforming cole field house into a state of that ipf, they have under armor money backing them. look at the coaches they are hiring, shafer, london, and others. what does that tell you???whether its private or public money its there!!! they have probably the best basketball facility in the country--its fantastic. read up on what kevin blank is doing at md.

Man, think him leaving is going to be the biggest loss that we've taken in quite a while. He's absolutely killing it for Maryland right now. Ranked #6 recruiter in the country right now behind only guys that are at LSU, OSU & Bama. Who is college football's top recruiter?

6. Chris Beatty
School:
Maryland
ESPN 300 recruits: 1
Top commitment: ESPN 300 No. 16 Joshua Kaindoh

i
Ignore how many ESPN 300 commitments Beatty has been responsible for because numbers don't truly tell the story. Maryland has the 19th-ranked class in the country largely because of Beatty's efforts; he was the primary recruiter for Kaindoh, four-star receiver Sean Nelson and four-star defensive tackle Cam Spence. Kaindoh is now at IMG Academy, but he's originally from Maryland. Beatty's effort in the DMV area of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Northern Virginia suburbs is absolutely critical for the Terps' long-term success in the Big Ten.

it flat out sucks how that turned out. Heck, even if we only had him stick around for 1 year that means he likely would have reeled in a few big names to help jump start things.

I have a feeling we are going to start getting some 4 star WRs with this offense. SU is going to be a great place to put up serious receiving stats and get national notice.

As good of a recruiter that he is... .IMO best case scenario would have been him being here for only 1 year (Stan Drayton type situation) and pulling in a couple decent recruits (not getting same guys to SU that MD is pulling in mostly due to their location). I definitely think he is a stud recruiter, but couldn't see him sticking around for more than 1 year so think Hart is a good fit for us as he's proven to have some recruiting prowess in Michigan and developing relationships in NY.

Last edited:
it flat out sucks how that turned out. Heck, even if we only had him stick around for 1 year that means he likely would have reeled in a few big names to help jump start things.

Heck, he brought Ruff over from UVA in the 2 or 3 days that he was here and that definitely helped us with Jaquwan Nelson. No doubt a blow to Babers' plans, especially for the MD/DC/VA area.

this is the first time i've ever heard this guys name. i'm still going to panic though. it's chaos!

Beatty was the recruiting linchpin for the Geno Smith/Tavon Austin/Stedman Bailey years at WVU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom