Beau Baldwin thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Beau Baldwin thread...

think about the perfect DC :)
psekO3Bh.jpg

Clearly Greggy would be an all done as well. I don't want to take a chance on a non D1 HC. Maybe I am under estimating him, but if we go this route to me it is saying we don't have much money to spend on coaches. This guy as an OC, I'm all in.

Didn't he recruit Vernon Adams and then have success this year w/o him?

How's he going to recruit on the east coast...Hes a west coast guy?

I really don't understand this line of thinking. I know relationships need to be built and trust earned, but it's not like high school coaches and players speak a different language on the west coast vs. the east coast. If you have the personality and can show players/coaches/parents how your system works, and more importantly, how the recruit will succeed in that system, then it just comes down to salesmanship. Someone posted earlier that Gerg was able to land players like Collier, Hogue, and Sales I believe.

How's he going to recruit on the east coast...Hes a west coast guy?

that's a valid concern. i know everyone scoffs at it but it's valid.

So in Gump's first year he had some buzz and landed the three top New Yorkers but then he did nothing and was also completely shut out of NJ except for paul chiara and mike mele; remember those days.

You look at any roster and it’s going to be mostly made up of kids within a certain radius of campus. That has to be the meat and potatoes of our roster but then we really need to go and where the skill talent is; the Southeast, the ACC geographic footprint. A west coast Head man is going to have to hire assistants where the relationship building is already taken care of.

Baldwin was thought to be the leading candidate for head coach at Oregon State last year until Anderson came out of nowhere to take it. He's not looking to be an OC.

I would be excited to have him on board. It's outside the box and worth a shot with a guy like this in the dome, hire a good staff. If he wants to be HC/OC well the limit for a good stuff just went up as well. I like having a HC/oc.

Excuse me while I go find my torch and pitchfork.

Excuse me while I go find my torch and pitchfork.
You have to let Coyle do his job. We shouldn't be making up our minds on anyone unless we're involved with the interviews.

Jim-Tressel.jpg

Jim Tressel is incredulous at this question. ;)

Okay that's one guy 15 years, who was coach at OSU and YST for 17 years in the state of Ohio. He'd actually set foot on a D1 campus for a couple of seasons.

Is that the exception or the rule?

Chip Kelly went from oc at unh to oc at Oregon to HC at Oregon in 3 years

Yeah coordinator to coordinator and promoted internally a couple of years later.

There's a lot more to running a program than what offense you run. That's where I get off the train with the system fanatics.

The reason I push for Montgomery is that he knows what it's like to build at this level. He was on the ground floor with Briles at Baylor and he's a game with SMU away from taking a two win team to six wins.

Yeah coordinator to coordinator and promoted internally a couple of years later.

There's a lot more to running a program than what offense you run. That's where I get off the train with the system fanatics.

The reason I push for Montgomery is that he knows what it's like to build at this level. He was on the ground floor with Briles at Baylor and he's a game with SMU away from taking a two win team to six wins.

I like Montgomery he would be on my short list to interview.

The more I think about it the more I like this guy. He's a proven winner, acknowledged by his peers and the media, has won in big games, and has beaten FBS teams.

Recruiting part would be a concern but I'm sure Coyle would get the answers he wants/needs if Baldwin is a real option.

I'm sure he is a good coach. But if he's being considered it tells me we aren't going to open up the checkbook anymore.
My thoughts exactly. We could pay him in all you can eat Dinosaur BBQ for 3 years and he would come.

The more I think about it the more I like this guy. He's a proven winner, acknowledged by his peers and the media, has won in big games, and has beaten FBS teams.

Recruiting part would be a concern but I'm sure Coyle would get the answers he wants/needs if Baldwin is a real option.

I would have concerns about recruiting with Baldwin. While he comes from the same area as Frost he doesn't have the name Frost has. Frost has pulled people from Plant HS in Florida so he has a relationship already built there. That is why Frost would be my choice over Baldwin.

I'm assuming that the guys who have a problem with Baldwin because he has not connections in the East, would also have a problem with Frost.

I'm assuming that the guys who have a problem with Baldwin because he has not connections in the East, would also have a problem with Frost.

Frost has pulled from Florida.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom