Beau Baldwin thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Beau Baldwin thread...

I would have concerns about recruiting with Baldwin. While he comes from the same area as Frost he doesn't have the name Frost has. Frost has pulled people from Plant HS in Florida so he has a relationship already built there. That is why Frost would be my choice over Baldwin.

I don't disagree with you at all. I think you could argue that Baldwin has the experience of being a HC and all that entails. I think both are extremely important so with either hire, the staff will play a critical role in assisting with that.

Also, Coyle I think would understand the recruiting difficulties we have, having been the A.D. at Boise. So I'm placing my faith in the fact that he addresses potential negatives any candidate we have a shot with might have.

Such a huge leap.

How many FCS coaches have gotten hired directly to P5 HC?
There has even been a high school coach that has made the leap to P5. A very high profile program, no less. He lasted 5 years, 4 games over .500, before getting the boot and moving on to the MAC.

FCS coach from about as far away as possible? I dont like this idea. I dont see how he is able to recruit with the big players in the ACC.

I'm assuming that the guys who have a problem with Baldwin because he has not connections in the East, would also have a problem with Frost.

Frost has a little name cache at least but yes this would a concern. Though that concern for me would be secondary to the fact that he's never been a head coach.

Number one criterion should always be smarts. I don't care about their background or teachers. Who were Chip Kelly's teachers, if you want to go down that road? No one terribly impressive. I want to watch some interviews and see how well prepared he is to answer questions about his offense. Can he explain it to the layman? Does it make sense? I know people were downplaying Lester's nonsense on his offense before the season but I'm convinced that his inability to explain the logic behind it was the first sign of failure. There's a difference between doing something to stand out or to surprise and doing something because it makes sense. The thing that makes sense will work even if it's not a surprise.

You listen to a chowderhead like Diaco talk and you wonder how on earth he got a job in the first place.

Frost has pulled from Florida.

I see a few Florida kids on Oregon's roster, but only one that plays offense. Are we sure Frost recruited any of them?

texascpa said:
I see a few Florida kids on Oregon's roster, but only one that plays offense. Are we sure Frost recruited any of them?

I think recruiting is getting overblown:

1. Every HS coach in the country has watched an Oregon game. Some might remember Frost as a National Champ - getting a foot in the door shouldn't be that hard.

2. He has to know other coaches from the east coast. I'm sure he'd look to hire guys with connections.

I think recruiting is getting overblown:

1. Every HS coach in the country has watched an Oregon game. Some might remember Frost as a National Champ - getting a foot in the door shouldn't be that hard.

2. He has to know other coaches from the east coast. I'm sure he'd look to hire guys with connections.
the people that think we need a northeast connections guy are the same ones who think northeast players stink.

espn3 changes recruiting. parents get to watch their kids. not as big a deal. go get kids from wherever

Millhouse said:
the people that think we need a northeast connections guy are the same ones who think northeast players stink. espn3 changes recruiting. parents get to watch their kids. not as big a deal. go get kids from wherever

Go tell that to Tyus Battle and his parents.

If you can't recruit successfully within a 6-hour radius of campus, you're toast.

cuseguy said:
Go tell that to Tyus Battle and his parents. If you can't recruit successfully within a 6-hour radius of campus, you're toast.

Local HS coaches would probably enjoy a guy with Frost's experience at Oregon.

Our starting QB for much of the season came from about as far as you can be.

Frost has a little name cache at least but yes this would a concern. Though that concern for me would be secondary to the fact that he's never been a head coach.
Frost would have that se xy time Oregon, Jets, Nebraska, Stanford thing. Which is nice.

says smart folk.
not sure where i said i back him, but common sense says the HC at a top d1aa doesnt become an OC at program like Syracuse.

maybe any program.

Go tell that to Tyus Battle and his parents.

If you can't recruit successfully within a 6-hour radius of campus, you're toast.
tyus battle the basketball player?

If he came as an OC to Orgeron would we call him Beaux?

Millhouse said:
tyus battle the basketball player?

He spurned Michigan because SU is closer to home.

Just one of many examples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom