Because Dino will be retained. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Because Dino will be retained.

The Detroit Lions have lost 3 games on last second plays this season. That doesn’t mean they are good, it just means losing teams find ways to lose.
Ouch man. Can’t really argue though, fair point. But I do think we are a good team.

Last edited:
Since, as Kcsu has stated that Dino is returning regardless of this seasons outcome, when does he get offered a new contract? You really can't have a coach try to recruit top talent with only 2 years left on a contract as that will be used against him in recruiting battles. Should have at least a 4 or 5 year deal to be able to do his job.

The Detroit Lions have lost 3 games on last second plays this season. That doesn’t mean they are good, it just means losing teams find ways to lose.
This is the fallacy. It doesn’t mean they are bad either. It means they are close and need to figure out how to close.

I’d rather lose theee games by 3 in the final minute, than lose by 30 and have it be a blow out by the 3rd Q. So would you.

This is the fallacy. It doesn’t mean they are bad either. It means they are close and need to figure out how to close.

I’d rather lose theee games by 3 in the final minute, than lose by 30 and have it be a blow out by the 3rd Q. So would you.
Then when do you give him a new contract?

The same way all of the other HC with 2 years left do. If you’re in your last year, maybe. 2 years - no. You’re trollin
O come on. You're trying to convince guys to play for you for 4 or 5 years and you can't say if you'll be there to coach them. The other coaches with 2 years left are in the same lame duck state. You either believe in Dino or you don't at this point.

The problem with the analyst as your STC is the fact that NCAA rules do not allow them to actually COACH the special teams. They can break down film and hold a clip board but they cannot actually coach the special teams.

Is that certainty? My understanding is that extra coaches just can’t recruit off campus. Idk about the coaching part. Seems pretty hard to police.

None of Alabama’s 75 analysts and grad assistants coach ? Nah

Last edited:
O come on. You're trying to convince guys to play for you for 4 or 5 years and you can't say if you'll be there to coach them. The other coaches with 2 years left are in the same lame duck state. You either believe in Dino or you don't at this point.
How will any coach ever recruit with 2 years left?! This happens all the time.

You’re dealing a made up argument. No bite, try another.

Cous trolls a lot but his point here is completely reasonable.
We won’t recruit well with Dino next year if everyone knows the hot seat will be nuclear warm.

It’s stupid to keep him next year if we don’t go to a bowl because his recruiting ability will be hard.

We won’t recruit well with Dino next year if everyone knows the hot seat will be nuclear warm.

It’s stupid to keep him next year if we don’t go to a bowl because his recruiting ability will be hard.
I would think it's hurting him this year.

A coach by his 6th isn't going to have 2 years left as he would already gotten extended or fired by then.

And here in lies the problem. forget about recruiting how about retaining the coaches and current players.

And here in lies the problem. forget about recruiting how about retaining the coaches and current players.
So the decision to extend or release has to be made now. Or very soon.

So the decision to extend or release has to be made now. Or very soon.
I have been told that he is coming back next year. I have no clue on if they are going to restructure his contract

Agree about this and we unfortunately already see it the last few months. I don't remember SU ever having less recruiting buzz. We have very few guys visiting for games or otherwise and the guys we have offers out have very few, if any P5 offers. That definitely has to be part of the equation when the AD makes a decision.

Eh - not sure I buy it. But - there’s still time this year to right the ship.

If you think you’re going to fire him no matter what next year, I think you have to just rip the bandaid off now. If you think there’s a chance we make a bowl this year and are a bowl team next year - I think it makes sense to retain him and restructure as needed at the end of next season.

Dino's not the only one. Up 17-13, 4th and 2, short field goal, early 4th, Jaguars have 3 offensive lineman out and Urban Liar goes for it and gets stuffed. Jags radio crew is lambasting the Liar for going for it.

Is that certainty? My understanding is that extra coaches just can’t recruit off campus. Idk about the coaching part. Seems pretty hard to police.

None of Alabama’s 75 analysts and grad assistants coach ? Nah
They can hold clipboards and chart plays, etc. Can coach players on the field.

Nebraska is/was being investigated for violations earlier this season.

dino wont recruit well here even with a new contract either though so...

dino wont recruit well here even with a new contract either though so...
The negative recruiting will be off the charts.
With any prospect we are currently getting.
Why would anyone commit with a HC who is nuclear.
The fake extension would kill that and the coach could say the school is still invested in me.

I would give Dino a fake extension with no new money if we stupidly keep if we don’t make a bowl this season.

The fake extension would kill that and the coach could say the school is still invested in me.

I would give Dino a fake extension with no new money if we stupidly keep if we don’t make a bowl this season.
how much worse can it be than now?

hopefully we just win 3 out of 5 and its moot though

hopefully we just win 3 out of 5 and its moot though
You know as well as I do we won’t win 3 out of 5. We will be lucky to win 1. We are not a good football team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom