Because Dino will be retained. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Because Dino will be retained.

Agree about this and we unfortunately already see it the last few months. I don't remember SU ever having less recruiting buzz. We have very few guys visiting for games or otherwise and the guys we have offers out have very few, if any P5 offers. That definitely has to be part of the equation when the AD makes a decision.

If he’s even aware of where we’re at in recruiting. We’re always dead last or close to it every year in ACC recruiting. Can it get worse…. Apparently it’s possible. And people are worried about losing a coach with a terrible record, it might impact recruiting and the current guys. Lol

This is the fallacy. It doesn’t mean they are bad either. It means they are close and need to figure out how to close.

I’d rather lose theee games by 3 in the final minute, than lose by 30 and have it be a blow out by the 3rd Q. So would you.

Actually this is just a made up “hope” on your part and just as much a fallacy. Teams can have close games, lose them, then slide backwards. This idea that teams continually improve (when it fits your argument - yesterday it didn’t fit your “dip” argument so you switched it up) is a fallacy. Just because we lost 3 close games, that might have been our ceiling.

You’ve argued this on and off since Shafer. We’re always right there, this and that is improving, only you can see the improvement. Our 6 year record vs P5 and ACC competition just doesn’t justify this argument. Maybe we are improving. Maybe we improve through this year and then have a 4 win season next year. DB just hasn’t shown he can win consistently. So it’s just as much a fallacy to say we are definitely close.

You know as well as I do we won’t win 3 out of 5. We will be lucky to win 1. We are not a good football team.
Yes we are, we have a coach who makes horrible decisions and it has cost us dearly. Our passing game obviously is lacking and special teams are um, not special, but we have a great running game and a very good defense, and kids who will run through a wall to win. I am not overly optimistic about getting to a bowl but that is on the coaching and the stupid decision to not have a dedicated special teams coach

If he’s even aware of where we’re at in recruiting. We’re always dead last or close to it every year in ACC recruiting. Can it get worse…. Apparently it’s possible. And people are worried about losing a coach with a terrible record, it might impact recruiting and the current guys. Lol
Because of the inherent bias on the recruiting sites, I don't get worked up about stars. I do value offer lists and watch the videos. I like this year's Freshman class, think it's Dino's best class from top to bottom. I am concerned about the current class we're recruiting, particularly on the offensive side of the ball and think if we have another class like it, it'll be harder to attract a good coach and recover. The one possible positive could be the transfer portal, who may be less concerned with a given coach's long-term status.

were 10 points from being 5-2
And we're one shanked kicked away from being 2-5 (Liberty) so... right now we're a losing football team.

People pimping this "we are so close to 5-2 or 6-1" need to take off the glasses and realize were even closer to 2-5. Although I dig the positive vibes, I just have none left right now

Last edited:
Because of the inherent bias on the recruiting sites, I don't get worked up about stars. I do value offer lists and watch the videos. I like this year's Freshman class, think it's Dino's best class from top to bottom. I am concerned about the current class we're recruiting, particularly on the offensive side of the ball and think if we have another class like it, it'll be harder to attract a good coach and recover. The one possible positive could be the transfer portal, who may be less concerned with a given coach's long-term status.

Most people don’t when they want to justify poor recruiting and blame it on the star system or bias. We know Dohn is bias but that’s one guy novody pays attention to. Every year from multiple sources in media, publications, sites, etc always rank our recruiting near the bottom. Our record in the ACC in the last 6 years has been near the bottom.

There’s always been a strong correlation historically between rankings and performance. There’s only one reason to pretend rankings and stars have no value, it’s what teams with losing records say.

Most people don’t when they want to justify poor recruiting and blame it on the star system or bias. We know Dohn is bias but that’s one guy novody pays attention to. Every year from multiple sources in media, publications, sites, etc always rank our recruiting near the bottom. Our record in the ACC in the last 6 years has been near the bottom.

There’s always been a strong correlation historically between rankings and performance. There’s only one reason to pretend rankings and stars have no value, it’s what teams with losing records say.
It’s funny the teams with the top rankings are always in the playoffs and teams with low rankings are usually at the bottom of their conference. Case in point, SU.

Lost three games by 3 points and one by 10. We would need 12 points to be 6-1 or 8 points to be 5-2.
last i checked 10 pts is more than 8 so what i said is true

Obviously we don't have Alabama talent, but we've had enough talent to win every game this year. Talent hasn't been the main issue this year. It's been Game mismanagement and lack of coaching on Special teams.

Last edited:
Obviously we don't have Alabama talent, but we've had enough talent to win every game this year. Talent hasn't been the main issue this year. It's been Game mismanagement and lack of coaching on Special teams.

Recruiting isn’t just a one year thing though. We have some talent this year, I like the team. But we are also severely lacking in significant areas which is why our rankings are always low. Sometimes things just work out one year, like this year we’re looking good. But it’s the course of years low recruiting rankings kill a program.

Things we actually are seeing right now. Huge focus on recruiting WR’s in 6 years, significant amount of scholarships funneled for that position and what do we have to show for the proportion. We have a QB now who is a gamer but just an ok passer. Who knows what the guys behind him really look like. OL issues for 6 years. DL is great now but we’re always an injury or two away from that position being decimated. Punting this year.

And we're one shanked kicked away from being 2-5 (Liberty) so... right now we're a losing football team.

People pimping this "we are so close to 5-2 or 6-1" need to take off the glasses and realize were even closer to 2-5. Although I dig the positive vibes, I just have none left right now
Really just 2 yards from 2-5 no? If we don’t stuff Willis on the goaline do we win that game?

Is that certainty? My understanding is that extra coaches just can’t recruit off campus. Idk about the coaching part. Seems pretty hard to police.

None of Alabama’s 75 analysts and grad assistants coach ? Nah
The can’t coach and you are right it’s hard to police. Believe it or not, Clemson’s analysts aren’t even out at practice during the week because they are heavily scrutinized.

We do show tremendous improvement from last year but that isn’t saying much. We were the worst P5 team in the country and one of the worst FBS teams. We have lost to a trash Rutgers team at home. The worst Florida St team in 50 years. A decent Wake Forest team at home and the worst Clemson team in over 10 years at home. Our OC schedule is weak and the watered down ACC is not exactly murderers row.
We are staring at a 3 to 5 win season and no bowl game again. The fact that Dino hasn’t been fired tells me exactly SU’s level of commitment to fielding a decent team.
“A decent wake forest team” tell me you’re searching for negativity without telling me you’re searching for negativity. As for firing Dino, you can’t actually be so clueless as to think firing a coach midseason is ever a good idea.

The Detroit Lions have lost 3 games on last second plays this season. That doesn’t mean they are good, it just means losing teams find ways to lose.
2 games, they’ve had 3 1 possession games but the SF one was never in doubt. Unlike Syracuse though, Detroit has also had 2 embarrassing blow outs. So not really a comparison.

How exactly is syracuse “closer” to 2-5 if it was a 3 point game and so were the other 3 games? Those saying Syracuse could be 6-1 are being over optimistic and those (you) saying Syracuse is “closer” to 2-5 is being overly pessimistic.

Not going to happen because Wildhack doesn’t think ahead. Dino is coaching likes he’s on pins and needles. Everything he does is questioned, rightly or wrongly. This team is night and day better than last year and next year looks very promising. This should be the messaging. If everything stays negative the wheels are going to come off and there will be an exodus of players and coaches. There are real stars with Tucker and several defensive players. Let’s hope they stick around.
Why would Tucker stick around? NIL at a real Power 5 school will line his pockets. He's being dissed on the 44

“A decent wake forest team” tell me you’re searching for negativity without telling me you’re searching for negativity. As for firing Dino, you can’t actually be so clueless as to think firing a coach midseason is ever a good idea.
Wake is a decent team. Nothing more. They would be in the bottom half of every other P5 league. That shows you how awful the ACC is.

For the record I wanted Baber’s fired last year.

I've been as vocal as anybody about my displeasure with Dino and his in-game decision making. That said, if he's retained (and I feel it's almost a certainty) I'm not going to be that upset. Yes, he makes me want to throw things at the television, but the games themselves are exciting. 1-10 and the wheels totally coming off should have never happened, even with the bizarre circumstances, but the turnaround IS dramatic.

If we can just start winning a few of these close ones, and get up to six wins, nobody will want to play against Tucker and this D in a bowl game. I'll also be pretty excited for next year.

Wake is a decent team. Nothing more. They would be in the bottom half of every other P5 league. That shows you how awful the ACC is.

For the record I wanted Baber’s fired last year.
Absolutely clueless lol I love how people make such grandiose statements with zero understanding of the talent gap, or lack there of, between the ACC and the BIG 12/Big 10/Pac 12. Wake would most certainly not be at the bottom of a big 12 or pac 12, they’d be in the middle at the very worst. The ignorance of our fan base never ceases to amaze me.

Absolutely clueless lol I love how people make such grandiose statements with zero understanding of the talent gap, or lack there of, between the ACC and the BIG 12/Big 10/Pac 12. Wake would most certainly not be at the bottom of a big 12 or pac 12, they’d be in the middle at the very worst. The ignorance of our fan base never ceases to amaze me.
Your clueless. Carry on in your fantasy land.

The problem with the analyst as your STC is the fact that NCAA rules do not allow them to actually COACH the special teams. They can break down film and hold a clip board but they cannot actually coach the special teams.
How in the world does Clemson get 45, yes 45, I counted, coaches/analysts on the field during the pregame the other night? And they were coaching. Running them through drills, in their ear, stuff coaches do every practice.

How in the world does Clemson get 45, yes 45, I counted, coaches/analysts on the field during the pregame the other night? And they were coaching. Running them through drills, in their ear, stuff coaches do every practice.

Well I am not too up to date on their coaching roster but the only folks allowed by NCAA rules to be "coaching" are their 10 (11 including HC) on-field coaches, strength coaches and graduate assistants. Everyone else can't actually be coaching.

were 10 points from being 5-2
1634516532215.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom