Because Dino will be retained. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Because Dino will be retained.

Its already decided.
This is absurd.
You are breaking news if this is true.
You are doing what people say to me.
So you are going on record right now October 16th, 2021 5:13pm eastern standard time Dino Babers has been told he will be Syracuse football coach for the 2022 season.

Who told him this?
When was he told this?

If you can’t answer this then stop with your posts of complete certainty and frame it as your opinion and not a fact.

I'm not saying he won't be, but are you sleeping with Wildhack?
1634419608111.png

This is absurd.
So you are going on record right now October 16th, 2021 5:13pm eastern standard time Dino Babers has been told he will be Syracuse football coach for the 2022 season.

Who told him this?
When was he told this?

If you can’t answer this then stop with your posts of complete certainty and frame it as your opinion and not a fact.
Didn’t he already say that he hangs with some pretty high level boosters? What more do people want beyond an actual source? My favorite part of this board is people bashing people with actual inside info because they don’t like the info. I bet if the message was Dino is gone, there would be a hundred posts speculating on the next coach but not any questioning who the source is.

FWIW I think Babers has run his course here, but I also can see why a private university would not want to pay an absurd buy out. Unless anyone here has access to actual financial info, this is all uninformed speculation. IF Dino is indeed here one more season they need to promote White to assistant hc so he doesn’t leave and the bottom completely falls out.

Didn’t he already say that he hangs with some pretty high level boosters? What more do people want beyond an actual source? My favorite part of this board is people bashing people with actual inside info because they don’t like the info. I bet if the message was Dino is gone, there would be a hundred posts speculating on the next coach but not any questioning who the source is.

FWIW I think Babers has run his course here, but I also can see why a private university would not want to pay an absurd buy out. Unless anyone here has access to actual financial info, this is all uninformed speculation. IF Dino is indeed here one more season they need to promote White to assistant hc so he doesn’t leave and the bottom completely falls out.
You actually believe Wildhack told boosters the HC is coming back if we go 3-9?
I don’t.
That is exactly what the poster said with certainty.
If he wants to give an opinion go ahead.
Enough of the certainty without any evidence.
Go on record on say it’s your opinion if that is what it is. Don’t say it like it’s a fact if you aren’t going to answer what I said.
That isn’t unreasonable at all.

Its already decided.
Well if we go 3-9 and he is retained I’d hope wildhack sits down w why we blew this talent base and didn’t win a game past September.

this is a lost season and lost fan base if we don’t win again.

let’s hope it’s 7-6 season

And you know this how?

I'm not saying he won't be, but are you sleeping with Wildhack? Jezus...
Of course i dont know anything for sure. I do however know what i have been told and trust this individual.
Also to put this on record im personally on the fence on Dino. He has a ton of great qualities. Way more good than bad.
My negatives with him are as follows.
1: Game day coaching. Decisions, clock management, half time adjustments. I think he is a below average game day coach.
2: Lack of ownership.

3: This is my biggest issue. In my opinion Dino is a no win proposition as i truly believe that his heart and head long for the West Coast. Building a program with him is fine as long as we realize the minute he gets an equal offer he is gone.
So back to your criticism its warranted as i nor anyone knows for sure what is going to happen. I have been told that 3 of our coaches have very solid opportunities. That unless there is a massive change Dino will be back.
My two cents in my other post is based on 40 years of business experience.
Retaining Dino is ok but it has to be managed well or the only SU will save is money.

This is absurd.

Who told him this?
When was he told this?

You actually believe Wildhack told boosters the HC is coming back if we go 3-9?
I don’t.
That is exactly what the poster said with certainty.
If he wants to give an opinion go ahead.
Enough of the certainty without any evidence.
Go on record on say it’s your opinion.
That isn’t unreasonable at all.

You really don't get to dictate what someone posts and what they don't.

That's our job. ;)

And I'm sure you know how I feel about information-shaming. Great idea - have someone expose their source because you want evidence. You know what they call the source then? An ex-source.

That's our job. ;)

And I'm sure you know how I feel about information-shaming. Great idea - have someone expose their source because you want evidence. You know what they call the source then? An ex-source.
My post is basically say it’s your opinion.
The poster says it like it’s a fact.
It’s not a fact.
You know people come at me for the same thing.
I don’t do what he does.
I always frame opinions as opinions.

I don’t believe Dino has been told he is coming back or it’s been decided.
Thus my post.

Love ya O79 gotta keep you working.

My post is basically say it’s your opinion.
The poster says it like it’s a fact.
It’s not a fact.
You know people come at me for the same thing.
I don’t do what he does.
I always frame opinions as opinions.

I don’t believe Dino has been told he is coming back or it’s been decided.
Thus my post.

Love ya O79 gotta keep you working.
Can you get me a raise? ;)

As long as we don’t see more transfers. We should be returning a bunch of starters. My initial reaction after last night was fire him, but after thinking about it, I’m down with him coming back even if they go 3-9. Next year there should be 0 excuses and it’s bowl game or bust.

I’d be down with a new OC and they really need to see what’s available at WR in the portal and go after it hard.

That's our job

I appreciate this and i also appreciate the posters questioning my information. Full disclosure i have met with JW and have nothing but great things to say about him. I think he is an excellent executive and the guy bleeds orange as much if not more than all of us do. SU is in a very tough spot and not just because of the money. Dino in spite of his record has made some great progress this year and has made some significant changes over the last 24 plus months. His overall body of work is poor there is no questioning that but what is his future? Again this is just my two cents but if i knew he would repay SUs loyalty to him i would say give him another year or two. Unfortunately i dont believe he will.
My biggest fear are the assistant coaches. We have some very good coaches and they have done a good job identifying talent and coaching it up. 3 of them are most likely going to be hard pressed to not leave unless JW gets involved with some gaurantees. That is real.
So ill keep posting and sharing good or bad. Love this forum and enjoy the back and forth with everyone especially those that push back:)

This is absurd.

Who told him this?
When was he told this?

You can maybe time stamp that much earlier. He’s been saying/alluding to it for about a week that it’s a done deal. Done deal = he’s not going to be let go

3: This is my biggest issue. In my opinion Dino is a no win proposition as i truly believe that his heart and head long for the West Coast. Building a program with him is fine as long as we realize the minute he gets an equal offer he is gone.

Why didn't Dino scoot after 2018?

If he was going to leave for a bigger program, that would have been the time.

Now he's tainted.

Because Dino will be retained JW needs to take the following steps to protect the program while SU works through this situation.

1: Publicly support Dino and more importantly his staff and players. The message has to be strong or the next two recruiting classes will be complete bust and we will lose good players as nobody who has choices will choose to remain with a lame duck coach.

2: Back this up by providing coaches White, Monroe, and Schmidt with raises and two year contract guarantees. Losing anyone of these three coaches will be disastrous. When your head coach is weak at X & Os you cant afford to loose your best coaches. Losing White would be a train wreck.

3: Mandate that Dino hire a special teams coach.

4: Become more involved with the team. Be a presence. Show support.

In any situation when their is unrest at the top of an organization fear becomes a motivating factor. In fact it is the strongest.

Most involved will look inward, look at how this affects them personally.

Players will obviously decide to stay or leave. Recruits the same.

Assistant coaches are the most at risk. Those with choices will often leave.

Teams are like companies. Players are employees and Assistant coaches management. We can all relate.

JW can and i strongly believe has already made the decision to retain Dino.
Right or wrong and why doesn't matter at this point.

What does matter is how he handles it. He cant do this half arsed. He needs to be all in. 100% supportive and he needs to back that up with a financial commitment to the Assistant coaches as to retain Dino and lose the assistants is the absolute worst case scenario.
Bottom line is JW needs to spend some of the saved buyout money on keeping the guys that are responsible for this team doing better on board.
Pay Monroe, Schmidt, and most importantly coach White so they dont bail.
I would extend Dino, but with painless outs if Dino doesn’t improve. The team is trending the right way, just very slowly

Why didn't Dino scoot after 2018?

If he was going to leave for a bigger program, that would have been the time.

Now he's tainted.
People said he tried to leave

I appreciate this and i also appreciate the posters questioning my information. Full disclosure i have met with JW and have nothing but great things to say about him. I think he is an excellent executive and the guy bleeds orange as much if not more than all of us do. SU is in a very tough spot and not just because of the money. Dino in spite of his record has made some great progress this year and has made some significant changes over the last 24 plus months. His overall body of work is poor there is no questioning that but what is his future? Again this is just my two cents but if i knew he would repay SUs loyalty to him i would say give him another year or two. Unfortunately i dont believe he will.
My biggest fear are the assistant coaches. We have some very good coaches and they have done a good job identifying talent and coaching it up. 3 of them are most likely going to be hard pressed to not leave unless JW gets involved with some gaurantees. That is real.
So ill keep posting and sharing good or bad. Love this forum and enjoy the back and forth with everyone especially those that push back:)
well we know its not the special teams coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom