Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

This is true. Duke was really bad when Coach K took over and it took him a decent stretch to get them moving forward. It started with getting Johnny Dawkins and Tommy Amaker to play together for 3 years.
That is all over wrought crap to make Rat-face seem like a savior. Dook was in the National Championship Game in 1978. When Rat-face took over, two of those Dook started were his co-captains. His first team also had a JR who had been HS All-American and was heavily recruited by Kentucky, Louisville, and at least half the Big Ten. Dook had talent whenhn Rat-face arrived. But he was not ready to coach in a Major conference. It took him about 3 years to get his feet fully under him.

Here’s my thing. If JB is back for next year, why no mention of us going after any of the transfers that have already entered the portal and listed teams they’ve heard from? It would make more sense if we were making a coaching change and it hadn’t been announced yet but that just seems like complete roster malpractice otherwise.

It’s possible we’re both right….I’m hearing retirement announcement this week, Red is the successor.

No one has flat out indicated effective immediately- though that’s how I took it and expect JB to depart.

It could be that the above is true, effective next year. Which I agree is not ideal.

It’s gotten quiet since Sunday.
Please, please be correct, and that it is this year. The only other scenario I might accept is the 2nd, but the real plan is he wants to go to Israel and Hawaii, and then all of a sudden on Dec. 1 he says, I'm just feeling like I can't physically do this anymore, and let's retire and let Red take over now...But seriously, just for 2 trips, no. I am not sure how much longer I can take this, and as I turn 69 this year, I need to see that the program is in good hands, and is back to prominence. I have followed faithfully for over 50 years...

Please, please be correct, and that it is this year. The only other scenario I might accept is the 2nd, but the real plan is he wants to go to Israel and Hawaii, and then all of a sudden on Dec. 1 he says, I'm just feeling like I can't physically do this anymore, and let's retire and let Red take over now...But seriously, just for 2 trips, no. I am not sure how much longer I can take this, and as I turn 69 this year, I need to see that the program is in good hands, and is back to prominence. I have followed faithfully for over 50 years...
He can buy tickets to Hawaii and Israel and travel as a booster.

Announce retirement today.
I'll let him get back to Syracuse, and spend time with Julie first...and with his players. Later this week is just fine with me, or even next Monday..

He can buy tickets to Hawaii and Israel and travel as a booster.
I mentioned that privately to someone who is a big booster, and their response is that it would not really be considered proper to go to Israel as that is for inside the program and big supporters, and it would just not be right.

I tell you, I will fly to Syracuse for the official Goodbye Jim honor game next winter...Total respect for all that he has done. He built this program...I will forever be grateful. But it's time now with a special game dedicated next season. Really Seth Greenberg said it perfectly.

I tell you, I will fly to Syracuse for the official Goodbye Jim honor game next winter...Total respect for all that he has done. He built this program...I will forever be grateful. But it's time now with a special game dedicated next season. Really Seth Greenberg said it perfectly.
What he say I missed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom