Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

Literally if you surveyed 100 people with no bias 99/100 would go with 5 NC > 1 NC.

Btw of course Jim is a legend. But it’s just objective numbers.
Yes. Doing more with less perhaps doesn’t get the credit it should. Many, many coaches could match K’s achievements with his recruiting advantages. When recruiting is a virtual cafeteria it’s just different.
Not many coaches could match our coaches success with patchwork teams and holes in the positional array.

Yes. Doing more with less perhaps doesn’t get the credit it should. Many, many coaches could match K’s achievements with his recruiting advantages. When recruiting is a virtual cafeteria it’s just different.
Not many coaches could match our coaches success with patchwork teams and holes in the positional array.
Cool. That doesn’t mean JB is the answer today. He’s not doing more with less anymore. He doing less with less.

I have maintained all along that he’s earned the right to leave on his terms. That doesn’t mean I think he’s the right choice.

I tend to agree with your Coach K point. The counter point (that my wife - a duke fan unfortunately - has brought up before when I've said this) is that he built the program where they now have had such a recruiting advantage. It's not like he was just gifted the recruiting. Isn't that a fair argument?

I just hope we are not headed for a 4-win season like Lville or 9-win season like FSU no matter who the coach might be.
14 losses, 21 losses, it won’t matter either way. Only thing that matters is winning and getting back to relevancy.

I tend to agree with your Coach K point. The counter point (that my wife - a duke fan unfortunately - has brought up before when I've said this) is that he built the program where they now have had such a recruiting advantage. It's not like he was just gifted the recruiting. Isn't that a fair argument?
This is true. Duke was really bad when Coach K took over and it took him a decent stretch to get them moving forward. It started with getting Johnny Dawkins and Tommy Amaker to play together for 3 years.

I just hope we are not headed for a 4-win season like Lville or 9-win season like FSU no matter who the coach might be.

If that happens SU just rebrands itself and becomes University of Syracuse. It's like Clark Kent putting on his Superman gear, no one will be able to figure out their true identity.

If that happens SU just rebrands itself and becomes University of Syracuse. It's like Clark Kent putting on his Superman gear, no one will be able to figure out their true identity.
Watch out for that Univ of Syracuse squad. They can be very feisty. They also play man!

View attachment 225779I selfishly want him back one more year, if only to win this bet I made with myself over five years ago.

I’m close, and am going to defend by the end of 2023. If he’s back one more year, I win with months to spare.
I think the most important question though is, what defensive strategy do you plan on using?

any chance we're waiting on Hopkins?
(this is sincere, not sarcastic)
The fact that a HCIW was never named always made me wonder if the secret plan was always for Hopkins to come back. Even if it doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan, and then both Hop and Cuse struggled so leadership is going with Red or someone else.

The fact that a HCIW was never named always made me wonder if the secret plan was always for Hopkins to come back. Even if it doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan, and then both Hop and Cuse struggled so leadership is going with Red or someone else.

I don't think so - at least not since he started not winning.

On my way to Vegas now. Cuse troop and I will ask him

I would have to look back. It might be. However, the advantage existed for most of his coaching career. The ACC was a big advantage in terms of building a program. It could be said that the understandable move from the Big East was as responsible for our struggles as anything the old man has done.

Time will tell. Hang tight comrades
It’s possible we’re both right….I’m hearing retirement announcement this week, Red is the successor.

No one has flat out indicated effective immediately- though that’s how I took it and expect JB to depart.

It could be that the above is true, effective next year. Which I agree is not ideal.

It’s gotten quiet since Sunday.

It’s possible we’re both right….I’m hearing retirement announcement this week, Red is the successor.

No one has flat out indicated effective immediately- though that’s how I took it and expect JB to depart.

It could be that the above is true, effective next year. Which I agree is not ideal.

Assuming there's truth that the roster completely turns over with JB back, I don't see how we can possibly be any better next season with JB on a final year.

It's a bad plan.

JB asking for another year could be assumed as another year on his contract that runs out after 2024 and he intends to coach until it runs out?

Or it could be assumed his contract is done after this year and he wasn't given another year after this?

This was sobering to read :-( What a disaster if JB is back another season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom