Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

ESPN should do a The Last Dance of JAB, the ups and downs around his 8-10 year retirement process, the drama, with the final decision of his status being released through smoke coming out of the copper chimney of the Hendricks Chapel and the entire BOT not allowed out until decision is final.

Not us, because we’ll never do it. Our guys “can’t”. Every year.
I mean they did for the first 8 minutes and were down by 7, so it did happen in that game

If this does go down as JB continuing to be HC... if you are Autry why stay? What if the team goes 25-5 next year and is a 3 see in the tournament and JB wants to continue coaching?

Is Autry supposed to hope the team that he is an assistant coach of bombs out so that there is no chance for JB to stay another year?

What an insane mess. If Autry is indeed next in line, what the heck does waiting one more year accomplish besides destroying even more fan equity, losing millions of dollars and making it THAT much harder to rebuild?

Maybe this is all part of a disinformation campaign to rally the fans around Red as successor. Psychologically I was not excited about Red taking over next year… but this news about JB running it back is scaring the bejeezus out of me… so I’ll gladly shut up and support Red now if that was the angle.

Nicely played, John. Nicely played.

If this does go down as JB continuing to be HC... if you are Autry why stay? What if the team goes 25-5 next year and is a 3 see in the tournament and JB wants to continue coaching?

Is Autry supposed to hope the team that he is an assistant coach of bombs out so that there is no chance for JB to stay another year?

What an insane mess. If Autry is indeed next in line, what the heck does waiting one more year accomplish besides destroying even more fan equity, losing millions of dollars and making it THAT much harder to rebuild?
If the sentiment is that your on that short of leash, because of those negative outcomes, then you shouldn't be coaching. It's like when college football coaches get fired in September, if they are on that short of a leash, then they should have been fired in the off-season.

There’s just no chance of this. Zero.

I would further take this to the bank, this mans sources are impeccable, unimpeachable, impenetrable, and as solid as a rock, Chevy style. Like EF Hutton, when he speaks people listen….
1678251253976.gif

I just hope we are not headed for a 4-win season like Lville or 9-win season like FSU no matter who the coach might be.
Maybe a 4 win season would make the University actually care about the program.

DB755E0B-B2CC-4D82-A48C-6FA702B97A8C.jpeg
I selfishly want him back one more year, if only to win this bet I made with myself over five years ago.

I’m close, and am going to defend by the end of 2023. If he’s back one more year, I win with months to spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom