Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

I happen to be on a laptop. I do not use this site on mobile, as there is not an app, per my understanding.

I thought we tried the tapatalk a ways back... I don't use it now but thought I recall it and it was no bueno. But yeah I'm all mobile- mainly since it's a banned site for work

I hope you’re right. The best shot to right the ship is for Boeheim to go out the right way. He needs to set the table for the next guy. Convince players to stay and build on what we have is the way. For those who say he is inflexible, you’re right to a degree. However he has expanded the bench, rests everybody, and played some man.
This guy‘s got jokes!

Last edited:
jake JAKE
Haha. Anything is possible. But I still believe an announcement is coming very soon. I do not believe Boeheim would be the type to announce that he staying for an additional year. When he leaves, he leaves. But, you never know.

Everything that I’ve heard points to an announcement very soon that he is stepping down and Red is taking over. Could it be that he announces he staying for one year and Red takes over in 2024? Possible, but it does not jive with what I believe would be his exit strategy.

There’s no way Res leaves. He’s waited this long. What’s one more year? But I’m sure he’s extremely frustrated at this point.

I just can't bring myself to saying "no way" with anything anymore...

I hope you’re right. The best shot to right the ship is for Boeheim to go out the right way. He needs to set the table for the next guy. Convince players to stay and build on what we have is the way. For those who say he is inflexible, you’re right to a degree. However he has expanded the bench, rests everybody, and played some man.
He’s had many years to fix this and get us back on track and hasn’t been able to get it done. He’s made so many unforced, unnecessary errors in recruiting and talent acquisition and desperately clings to the zone like it’s his entire legacy. Change needs to come. Rip the Band Aid off and get on with it.

There’s no way Red leaves. He’s waited this long. What’s one more year? But I’m sure he’s extremely frustrated at this point.
But what if he is loyal to JB to the point that he doesn't want to be the one to nudge JB out? So he gets his agent to look for another gig and leave, while JB saves the day again but signing a new extension...

Remember JB said he came back be suse be promised the freshmen he would coach them. But in another interview he said he didn't want to retire after that season be suse it would be seen by others he quit after the bad season. So who knows...

Attachments

• 35773B27-519F-42C3-A66E-4513838AD77B.jpeg
    35773B27-519F-42C3-A66E-4513838AD77B.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 48
There’s no way Red leaves. He’s waited this long. What’s one more year? But I’m sure he’s extremely frustrated at this point.
It would be utterly insane to leave to coach a mid-major just because you have to wait one or two more years to coach Syracuse. Not going to happen.

I’m good with this. Looking forward to seeing the progress of the guys who stay. If Mintz comes back, it’s a tournament team. His return is far from a sure thing and I fear he’d 100% leave if there was an immediate coaching shake up.

As I’ve said, I’m not terribly bothered by either option. But I’m confident we won’t have a better guard next year than Mintz would be (the portal is nice, it’s not potential lotto pick nice, usually), so I’d like to make sure we’re at least not doing something that would actively push him out the door.

To add to what Jake mentioned, it’s not JB’s style to have a farewell tour. Im sticking by what I’ve shared. Appreciate OP regardless

Yeah, JAB himself is said he doesn't want the grand farewell tour like what K did.

That said - I did hear rumblings this past weekend, that he did want *something*, and whomever it was said that he wanted a rocking chair like K got.

I immediately whipped out my wallet, pulled out like $400, and said I would be happy to start the crowdfunding to buy him whatever rocking chair he desired.
We coulda gone to Raymour & Flanagan and gotten him the Cadillac of rocking chairs that very afternoon.

Problem solved.

Can you imagine?! that deeply hidden sinister/morbid part of me would love to see the absolute syracusefan.com board implosion/meltdown/mayhem that would ensue. Board bans galore, posters coming at each other...
bb0b8ce4-8c02-4147-9b09-950110775a36_text.gif

I'm here for it, haha
I always want Syracuse to do well, no matter what else, and at least then JAB could leave on a high note.

When Boeheim goes I expect a release after SU's season is over. He's not doing a farewell tour, ala K, IMO. Who knows, maybe he'll just slip it into his postgame comments after the final loss of the season. "Oh yeah, by the way, that was my last game coaching." Mic drop, good night!

The farewell tour isn’t his style nor is he at the status of the former dook coach, its not even close.

The fact that he hasn't announced that he's coaching next year, and it's March, tells me that he's either retiring, or his position is not yet solidified which would indicate a disagreement among leadership. If he's definitely coaching next year, I think he would say it, just like he did last year. I also believe he intended next year to be his last, but things took a bad turn a few weeks ago when he said he calls the shots and then lost 4 straight games by roughly one million points. So, him knowing he's retiring would also indicate a disagreement among leadership. No matter what happens, it sounds like we're in the midst of a power struggle.

I’m good with this. Looking forward to seeing the progress of the guys who stay. If Mintz comes back, it’s a tournament team. His return is far from a sure thing and I fear he’d 100% leave if there was an immediate coaching shake up.

As I’ve said, I’m not terribly bothered by either option. But I’m confident we won’t have a better guard next year than Mintz would be (the portal is nice, it’s not potential lotto pick nice, usually), so I’d like to make sure we’re at least not doing something that would actively push him out the door.
What you’re missing is that people are saying Judah may be more likely to return if Red is the head coach. I think these players respect JB but don’t like playing 100 percent zone and want some changes. And you know JB ain’t changin the zone or much of anything. It sounds like Red wants to play man to man and some zone and will hit the portal hard. Plus Red was Judah’s primary recruiter.

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.

And a farewell tour other schools, esp in the ACC, could care less about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom