Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

Just want to say two things:

1) Thanks to everyone sharing info. I appreciate it. I know we are all chomping at the bit, but any tidbits are appreciated.

2) As gilardino mentioned, first Q after a loss in the ACCT is going to be asking about JB next year. Heck, it could come after a win on Wed, even.

I am hoping that the JB decision is locked (whatever it is) and that JB and the University are ready for this week at the ACCT and are ready to be rowing the boat in the same direction, hitting the same cadence.

If he's retiring, great. Let's do it respectfully and celebrate his extensive achievements. If he's not, the plan next year has to be crystal clear. The message has to be in full harmony.

I have stated my preference for the coaching situation, this isn't commentary on that. This is about how next steps are handled, messaged and supported.

Gosh, I was just starting to warm to the idea of a new coach who bleeds Orange that doesn't complain about the fan base, radio show callers, media, student reporters, today's players, today's landscape in CBB, the portal, NIL, calling out other teams etc etc.

If Mintz comes back, it’s a tournament team.
giphy.gif

Circling back to the portal, if Boeheim is staying one more year, my assumption is that Red (assuming he’s the replacement) will have full recruiting control right away, if that’s not already the case. JB wouldn’t have much/any reason to get in Red’s way.

...except at the end of next year when JB decides he wants to coach another year...

He’s playing every angle at this point to hang on. I’m sure it’s ugly behind the scenes
What's needed is an AD who has a spine and has a burning desire to win. SU ADs are OK with losing because they apparently don't have the pressure ADs at most Power 5 conference schools have to produce winners because winners = more revenue.

Easily the worst possible outcome - and one that would make little sense.
Hoe much money would they lose in ticket sales if JB comes back for another season? This is the anti-of whatever would have happened if Carmelo coming for one more season. Unless JB has naked pics of someone... how would this possibly the option any rational person would choose?

Just want to say two things:

1) Thanks to everyone sharing info. I appreciate it. I know we are all chomping at the bit, but any tidbits are appreciated.

2) As gilardino mentioned, first Q after a loss in the ACCT is going to be asking about JB next year. Heck, it could come after a win on Wed, even.

I am hoping that the JB decision is locked (whatever it is) and that JB and the University are ready for this week at the ACCT and are ready to be rowing the boat in the same direction, hitting the same cadence.

If he's retiring, great. Let's do it respectfully and celebrate his extensive achievements. If he's not, the plan next year has to be crystal clear. The message has to be in full harmony.

I have stated my preference for the coaching situation, this isn't commentary on that. This is about how next steps are handled, messaged and supported.
Are you confident the plan will be clearly detailed and cleanly executed? I am not.

Are you confident the plan will be clearly detailed and cleanly executed? I am not.

Short answer, no (at least not to the extent that it's flawless).

But who knows. My advice to myself is not to worry about a problem where one doesn't exist yet and just have faith that this next week goes smoothly. Now, you can obviously argue that between the current and past rumors and the blown up transition w/ Hop, that hoping things go smoothly might be foolish... which is fair. But I guess I'm hoping for the best and letting it play out.

My thoughts before all of this was that JB was never leaving on his own accord, that it would be health or a third probation. So I'll just tune in like everyone else, I guess, and see what happens.

We don't know but if there is a power struggle, how awkward must that make things between the staff and players if they are hearing things?

Hey, to be fair, they are going to a tournament, in Maui, so he is not wrong.

If we’re diagreeing about Mintz’s ability and development, so be it.

If you’re saying a team with a projected first round pick (my not bold prediction for him) isn’t in contention to make the NCAAT, then idk what to tell you.

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.
Yeah, that's a less than ideal plan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom