BEER | Syracusefan.com

BEER

yes.

I really hope this is true, however, I am pretty sure that ACC prohibits alcohol sales for on-campus athletic events.

I am interested to see if this was brought up by TGD and discussed in negotiations.

I really hope this is true, however, I am pretty sure that ACC prohibits alcohol sales for on-campus athletic events.

I am interested to see if this was brought up by TGD and discussed in negotiations.

Carolina's new addition serves alcohol...I think they call it all club seating or something like that to get around it.

Pitt serves beer too (at football) I would think.

Taking beer sales away from the Dome would be a pretty big revenue hit.

Taking beer sales away from the Dome would be a pretty big revenue hit.

north of $1.5M a year <-------I made that number up but I feel good about it

Isnt the Dome technically on the SUNY ESF campus therefore making it not on campus? If we didnt have beer some of those FB games furing the Grob era would have been unwatchable.

Isnt the Dome technically on the SUNY ESF campus therefore making it not on campus? If we didnt have beer some of those FB games furing the Grob era would have been unwatchable.

Is it? All the Campus maps have the line drawn between Illick and the Dome.

I think we can all agree that this is pretty much the biggest issue to come out of this whole conference re-alignment deal. No Doam Foam equals a very unhappy Syracuse!

I think we can all agree that this is pretty much the biggest issue to come out of this whole conference re-alignment deal. No Doam Foam equals a very unhappy Syracuse!
+1

I didn't realize we sold beer at the dome. Every time I have asked for it in the past I get a plastic cup filled with with a bunch of foam on the top. I smuggle 3 - 4 beers in to the game almost every game now, so it's usually only Sam Adams for me.

Can't imagine this would be an issue. A conference clearly making moves that relate to more money denying a program the ability to make more money?

I think the opposite is going to happen and more ACC schools are going to start selling it.

If the ACC banned beer at the Dome I'm fairly certain a mob of several thousand SU fans would travel to Charlotte and burn the conference offices to the ground.

I have to believe that this was addressed during the negotiations, because it is without a doubt a major revenue source for the university. I don't know for a fact that the ACC is a dry conference, but I was told many times that it was when I lived in NC. Count me among the unhappy SU fans if the taps at the dome go dry. I'll take bad beer over no beer at all.

There will definitely still be beer in the Dome, no matter what.

Now, whether or not the university will continue to SELL beer in the Dome is an entirely different issue. ;)

I have to believe that this was addressed during the negotiations, because it is without a doubt a major revenue source for the university. I don't know for a fact that the ACC is a dry conference, but I was told many times that it was when I lived in NC. Count me among the unhappy SU fans if the taps at the dome go dry. I'll take bad beer over no beer at all.

I have a feeling "beer sales" wasn't talked about during these discussions. I can't see Cantor and Gross stepping away from the table and saying this isn't going to work over the fact they can't sell a few bud lights anymore.

I have a feeling "beer sales" wasn't talked about during these discussions. I can't see Cantor and Gross stepping away from the table and saying this isn't going to work over the fact they can't sell a few bud lights anymore.
We sell more than a few Bud Lights. This is a big revenue source for the University.

We sell more than a few Bud Lights. This is a big revenue source for the University.
Beer is also not a factor that would keep SU out of one of the BIG 4 Conferences either. Don't fool yourself

Beer is also not a factor that would keep SU out of one of the BIG 4 Conferences either. Don't fool yourself
I don't mean that and I agree. Just saying that it probably did come up at some point. I agree that the University would give up beer sales to be an ACC school, but not without some discussion first.

I don't mean that and I agree. Just saying that it probably did come up at some point. I agree that the University would give up beer sales to be an ACC school, but not without some discussion first.

I am betting it never came up and it will be dealt with down the road. I mean if "beer at games" is that big a deal, then some of you people really need to seek a meeting!! At the majority of schools this is a non-issue and I think those schools know if they sold beer they would have more revenue!

I am betting it never came up and it will be dealt with down the road. I mean if "beer at games" is that big a deal, then some of you people really need to seek a meeting!! At the majority of schools this is a non-issue and I think those schools know if they sold beer they would have more revenue!

::dials AA::

If true, club 44 just got way more expensive to join - they will need to expand to make room for 25,000 plus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom