Benny...... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Benny......

I thought they were both good shots. They were in rhythm, decently open.

I think they were just surprising because we rarely see him square up with that kind of decisiveness and confidence.

I say, let it fly.
The one towards the end of the first half was way too early in the shot clock.

I really think this is it. I mean everyone was pumped up and congratulating Benny expect one person - the head coach who is very critical of his play and effort. Finally, he shows Jim what he's been asking, and instead of a pat on the back, coach finds something else to be critical about.
Which game are you referring to? You responded to a post from almost a month ago.

I really think this is it. I mean everyone was pumped up and congratulating Benny expect one person - the head coach who is very critical of his play and effort. Finally, he shows Jim what he's been asking, and instead of a pat on the back, coach finds something else to be critical about.
He sure sounded pretty happy about his performance during the press conference.

That being said, with JB you don’t get kudos for doing what was expected of you.

Welsh and the other announcer said during the game that the coaching staff told them that exact thing: That Benny is really good in practice but struggling a bit to translate that to game day.
Of course, in practice he plays against Syracuse defense.:)

Hes tall but more of a 2/3 then 2/4 still. 2/3s need to finish explosively not with biceps unless your Paul Harris. However hes a mystery so maybe im wrong. ? He only needs one or the other to be second or first team all acc. That was muscle memory came natural with 90% effort only. shows how hard he worked the last year and a quarter.

Eh.

We've also habitually blown ourselves up at the end of the half.
And if he misses the shot and BC hits a shot at the buzzer, people would be on JB for letting that happen again.

And if he misses the shot and BC hits a shot at the buzzer, people would be on JB for letting that happen again.
Well, yeah.

But he didn't.

So every shot he takes is a good shot. That’s your stance going forward?
HELL YEAH IT IS

There's zero need for you to do whatever it is you're doing right now. I know you know that I wasn't saying every shot Benny takes is a good shot.

HELL YEAH IT IS

There's zero need for you to do whatever it is you're doing right now. I know you know that I wasn't saying every shot Benny takes is a good shot.
Back atcha.

forwards are the whipping boys this season no doubt. that said JB has been slow to the hook.

He was wide open, nobody could even contest at all. If we don't want him shooting completely unguarded threes like that one, we don't want Williams shooting threes at all.

He was wide open, nobody could even contest at all. If we don't want him shooting completely unguarded threes like that one, we don't want Williams shooting threes at all.
There were 28 seconds left in the half.

I’m glad Williams had a good game. I’m not going to throw fundamentals out the window to make his performance seem better than it was.

And I would be saying the same thing if Girard made the same shot.

There were 28 seconds left in the half.

I’m glad Williams had a good game. I’m not going to throw fundamentals out the window to make his performance seem better than it was.

And I would be saying the same thing if Girard made the same shot.
Yep….it was a “no no no…..good shot” moment.

Agreed. I have no problem with a guy, who was playing a good game, taking a wide open 3 when we’re up by 6 with over half the game to still be played.

If it was 28 seconds left in the 2nd half, it would be a different story.

And I mentioned in another thread - Benny, from a fg% perspective, is one of our best 3pt shooters.

It was the JJs, the Jesse and Judah show today. I am sure plenty will be said about those two.

That being said, I have to say that this was the first time that I have seen Benny play so aggressively on O. He was constantly moving to the rack with aggression and had several big dunks plus a couple of dribble and pop shots. Huge step forward for him and hopefully he can build upon this and attain his potential.

Great, great team effort !!!!
I feel like I have seen him play this aggressively before, but his shots just wouldn't fall.

Anyhow, good game from him.

He can be even better, if he follows his shots more consistently.

Hopefully he can have a productive game tonight. I'm not expecting a repeat, although that would be very nice. What I hope for the most moving forward is just more consistent play rather than a great game and then next one he disappears.

Hopefully he can have a productive game tonight. I'm not expecting a repeat, although that would be very nice. What I hope for the most moving forward is just more consistent play rather than a great game and then next one he disappears.
I think he is learning how to move in a game, and what good things come from that movement. It won't always result in the same numbers, but it will equate to consistent positive contribution.

Loved “plugged in” Robey, but -

He was a 4 who thought he was a 3, and literally couldn’t dribble-drive without it being a travel, or hit a J.

Benny had more O outside the paint in the BC game, than Roberson had in his entire Orange career.

In Robey’s defense, Benny has a long way to go to match his tenacity on the boards.
(For those games when he was “plugged in”)

Benny has the requisite size and athleticism to get there though.
And a dramatically higher upside on O.

Here’s hoping he can replicate and build on his BC efforts.
Wasn't referring to skill set. Benny appears to be much like Tyler where they needed that push behind them to play like they could and contribute in a positive manner.

Hopefully, a line drive flat shooter can be fine-tuned more quickly than the typical overshooting back rim bouncer. Some of those in the former category do come pretty close.

It’s a trade off between running the clock down and reducing your chances of scoring as well as theirs, vs taking the earlier open shot and increasing both teams’ chances. They were going to get the ball back either way. What would be less defensible would be taking an early shot when you can hold it for the last shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom