Benny...... | Syracusefan.com

Benny......

newmexicuse

All Conference
It was the JJs, the Jesse and Judah show today. I am sure plenty will be said about those two.

That being said, I have to say that this was the first time that I have seen Benny play so aggressively on O. He was constantly moving to the rack with aggression and had several big dunks plus a couple of dribble and pop shots. Huge step forward for him and hopefully he can build upon this and attain his potential.

Great, great team effort !!!!

After the two handed dunk that went to a timeout, JB still yelled at Benny. Presumably because he hung on the rim. But, I think JB looked like a complete idiot in that moment. That would probably scare recruits away, if they saw that.

The kid was fired up. The team was fired up. It wasn’t called. Tell him in video review.
Any coach worth their salt talks about the issue right after it happens, you don’t let it fester. It’s exciting for fans but this team can’t afford for a seasoned player to take risks like that, they’re not good enough

After the two handed dunk that went to a timeout, JB still yelled at Benny. Presumably because he hung on the rim. But, I think JB looked like a complete idiot in that moment. That would probably scare recruits away, if they saw that.
He could have been called for that, luck and only luck that he wasn’t. Not a good move and a teachable moment. Hope recruits now realize that we love thunderous dunks but not showboating hanging on the rim - and also that refs normally hate it. So it’s okay with you that he does it with a later dunk in this game too that probably would be called? Looked like Benny learned the lesson with his later dunks but some fans didn’t. :)

Any coach worth their salt talks about the issue right after it happens, you don’t let it fester. It’s exciting for fans but this team can’t afford for a seasoned player to take risks like that, they’re not good enough
Benny starts putting together a solid game. Building his confidence. Any good coach would recognize that and not stifle that growth over something as meaningless as that. He wouldn’t have done that to probably any other player.

He could have been called for that, luck and only luck that he wasn’t. Not a good move and a teachable moment. Hope recruits now realize that we love thunderous dunks but not showboating hanging on the rim - and also that refs normally hate it. So it’s okay with you that he does it with a later dunk in this game too that probably would be called? Looked like Benny learned the lesson with his later dunks but some fans didn’t. :)
That was his last dunk. What would work better, yelling at him or telling him great job, but don’t hang in the rim.

He deserved it. It could have stopped the clock and given GT time to score. I liked it. It showed the 78 year old JB being fired up.

He deserved it. It could have stopped the clock and given GT time to score. I liked it. It showed the 78 year old JB being fired up.
We’ll agree to disagree. He could have got the point across while not trying to destroy the kid’s confidence.

I’m guessing you also complain about Dino Babers not showing enough emotion in the sidelines too, don’t you.

I think the ghost of Hakim is still in JBS mind.. He clearly told him that as well.. You cant hang on the rim..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom