Benny...... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Benny......

How is it JB’s fault that Malik is playing more consistently right now? Results matter. And Benny should understand that coach has to play the guys who are producing and doing the things he asks of them. He’ll get more opportunities this season and his time will come. JB is hard on him because his potential is sky high. Yes, I wish JB would mix in more positive encouragement with guys like Benny who really need it, but that’s just not the way he operates.
Positive encouragement could come from the assistant coaches but everyone sees his potential. Benny just has to drown out the noise and play.

If Buddy developed a back down game, Benny can.
In theory yes, but end results probably not. Buddy had the proper shooting form and a smooth, soft stroke. A lot of his top of the key back down shots hit the front of the rim, then either the backboard or back iron, and dropped. Benny has zero chance of that happening with his line drive bullets that he throws up there. That is the biggest difference IMO

How is it JB’s fault that Malik is playing more consistently right now? Results matter. And Benny should understand that coach has to play the guys who are producing and doing the things he asks of them. He’ll get more opportunities this season and his time will come. JB is hard on him because his potential is sky high. Yes, I wish JB would mix in more positive encouragement with guys like Benny who really need it, but that’s just not the way he operates.
Not saying it’s JBs fault. Last year he was treated unfairly. This year completely different story. JB has been all over him yes, but Benny has not been consistent from his attitude to his play. But JB has shown a lot of patience and been beyond fair with him this year. I truly think he has the game yips. Maliq understands the game far better than Benny in game and it shows

In theory yes, but end results probably not. Buddy had the proper shooting form and a smooth, soft stroke. A lot of his top of the key back down shots hit the front of the rim, then either the backboard or back iron, and dropped. Benny has zero chance of that happening with his line drive bullets that he throws up there. That is the biggest difference IMO
Not a lot of plays, just a few to get him some positive touches when he is open in the paint.

Not saying it’s JBs fault. Last year he was treated unfairly. This year completely different story. JB has been all over him yes, but Benny has not been consistent from his attitude to his play. But JB has shown a lot of patience and been beyond fair with him this year. I truly think he has the game yips. Maliq understands the game far better than Benny in game and it shows
I agree with you. I think JB has been fair this year with Benny. Benny has had some great games this year. He has got to figure out how to control good Benny and be good Benny all the time on the floor.

Benny has made a significant jump from last year, the trajectory is clearly up. If he can continue that, he will have breakout run, hopefully this season.

For as bleak as things were looking for Benny during the Notre Dame game he was really huge against Miami. Very active and was easily the best forward today. If not for him Cuse wouldn’t have even had a chance to win. Props to him.

For as bleak as things were looking for Benny during the Notre Dame game he was really huge against Miami. Very active and was easily the best forward today. If not for him Cuse wouldn’t have even had a chance to win. Props to him.
Would love for him to have a breakout game we actually win.

I was wrong. I said he couldnt shoot. Its only 1 game, but thats the best I have seen him shoot the ball in a game. Its too bad we had good games from him, Jesse, and Joe had a good game from midrange and it still wasnt enough to win on the road.

Bennie will come around. Many post were all over Bell and one good game and he is untouchable?. Bennie will come around and do well for us if he can maintain his composure. He reminds of a teenager still coming to grips of having someone telling him what to do. It seems like he is being stubborn. If he focuses on defense and rebounding, the rest of the game could come to him and he would do well. I'm viewing his progress like our 401K/IRA, if we look at it daily (each game) it would drive us mad. Lets see by end of January where this goes. No need to judge.

WOW, first it was Bell, then Benny and now Judah. We have all Freshman or First Year starters getting bashed. I think its Justin Taylors turn next week followed by Maliq Brown. After that we should bash Carey for not going to the Redshirt sooner and afterwards for Hima to be make sure no-one is left out.

Again, we beat the spread on the road against a top 25 Team. We played great. Interior Defense and missed rebounds cost us the game IMHO. Jesse did not have a single block. I saw time and again where Miami made 6-8 footers in the lane over Jesse.

Again, if at end of season Benny averages 8 pts & 6 rbs per game, that would be more than we expected. We have 3 First Year Starters/Freshman and top 2 off the bench are Freshmen. So far if you look at what JB promised we have:

• All Freshman Will Play DONE
  • Play more than 8 DONE
  • Play Man to Man DONE (yeah, we all know how this one was going to go, LOL)
  • MAKE THE NCAA WIP (Work in Progress)

Lets wait till the end of January to see if the 4th statement he made will be realistic We have 4 games in 9 days to close January. GT, UNC, VT, UVA. That is a tough stretch and if we go 2-2 in this group, I think we make the tourney. We could be 0-4 or 3-1. I'm hoping for 4-0.

GO CUSE

WOW, first it was Bell, then Benny and now Judah. We have all Freshman or First Year starters getting bashed. I think its Justin Taylors turn next week followed by Maliq Brown. After that we should bash Carey for not going to the Redshirt sooner and afterwards for Hima to be make sure no-one is left out.

Again, we beat the spread on the road against a top 25 Team. We played great. Interior Defense and missed rebounds cost us the game IMHO. Jesse did not have a single block. I saw time and again where Miami made 6-8 footers in the lane over Jesse.

Again, if at end of season Benny averages 8 pts & 6 rbs per game, that would be more than we expected. We have 3 First Year Starters/Freshman and top 2 off the bench are Freshmen. So far if you look at what JB promised we have:

• All Freshman Will Play DONE
  • Play more than 8 DONE
  • Play Man to Man DONE (yeah, we all know how this one was going to go, LOL)
  • MAKE THE NCAA WIP (Work in Progress)

Lets wait till the end of January to see if the 4th statement he made will be realistic We have 4 games in 9 days to close January. GT, UNC, VT, UVA. That is a tough stretch and if we go 2-2 in this group, I think we make the tourney. We could be 0-4 or 3-1. I'm hoping for 4-0.

GO CUSE
I hate gambling for the mere fact point spreads have now become the measure of a moral victory. We lost a game where we had a decent lead. Shouldn’t have happened.

I hate gambling for the mere fact point spreads have now become the measure of a moral victory. We lost a game where we had a decent lead. Shouldn’t have happened.

We all wanted the victory, It was not a moral victory. SU covered and I salvaged my feelings to some extent.

i think benny is a talent coach JB is trying hard to keep to out the portal. thus the minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom