Benny | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done some very dumb things behind the scenes and they just don’t improve or help his case. He’s not very trust worthy unfortunately at the moment as a teammate
In your opinion, you think he’ll make it through the year? I’ll understand if you can’t answer it.

In your opinion, you think he’ll make it through the year? I’ll understand if you can’t answer it.
I didn’t think he would make it through last year. Everyone has been beyond patient with him far more than he deserves. I don’t see him being a contributor on this team if he makes it through the year unless something drastically changes.

Not saying Benny is a bad kid, but he certainly doesn't have a team first attitude. His sideline antics and refusing to join the team during timeouts should be enough for him to be done for good. It is really a bad look for him. In contrast Copeland could play 2 mins and he would be the hype man on the bench.

I didn’t think he would make it through last year. Everyone has been beyond patient with him far more than he deserves. I don’t see him being a contributor on this team if he makes it through the year unless something drastically changes.
Sounds like the kid needs some serious help, I don’t want the team to abandoned him but giving him help (sounds like he’s not very receptive) and an extended break until he gets it may be in order.

This year he gets put in and just chucks it, don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this at this level.

It's such a shame. I hope he's doing his part in the classroom at least so that he can set himself up for something besides basketball.

A shame he can't seem to figure it out as that would have such a positive effect on both the team and his own life.

Its funny. When I saw this I think, ‘thanks for the effort.’ But when I think about Benny’s career, it’s the lack of real effort that rises to the top for me.
I see the opposite. Atleast offensively... when i watch him play he tries too hard. He puts on moves and tries fadaway jumpers everytime he touches the ball. He just doesnt play to his strengths which is being an athletic freak. He takes some really bad shots and hardly ever passes the ball once its in his hands. And often times it gets the other team out in transition with the miss off the back iron which leads to an easy 2 the other way. I dont mind him taking a couple jumpers if they are there. But he thinks he is Dirk when he needs to be playing like he is Giannis.

Benny's been given a fair opportunity -has not produced and has team/disciplinary issues.
If he's checked out and waiting for the portal to open, shouldn't he project himself as an engaged, great teammate on the bench instead of a sulking malcontent?
That performance on the bench last night won't help Benny get a new start with the best NIL $ from good programs. It was a very bad look.
Benny appears to be on the lowest rung on the accountability ladder -wonder what his circle is telling him.

The sad thing is he does not even appear to be trying to be a good teammate.

This.

Remember last year, when Quadir was nailed to the bench more often than not?
He was always the biggest cheerleader on the sidelines, constantly bringing positive energy, enthusiasm, and encouragement.
In spite of DNP’s on the regular.

Benny is the anti-Q.

If he’s not on the floor (and even at times when he is), he looks as if he couldn’t care less about the game or his teammates.

We joke about “body language”, but -
Benny’s is legit turrible.

In my almost half century on this planet being a bad teammate in sports, military, business and relationships is a pretty good indicator of your character.
Kind of what I was thinking. When there are repeated issues that he doesn't seem to learn from, it's not the best sign.

No it just means hes immature
He is 21 years old and has been at Syracuse for 2+ years. He gets every advantage possible for a student. Yet, he still can't have common decency and respect for his teammates and coaches. I'm sorry, but at some point you have to grow up or this is who you are. And I'm leaning towards the latter. You only get awarded so many second chances in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom