BE's Unbalanced Schedule | Syracusefan.com

BE's Unbalanced Schedule

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
The logjam for 2nd place with the unbalanced BE schedule at this stage of the season is making it difficult to be sure who the contenders are and might still be at season's end.

There are some surprising teams in the logjam and some surprising teams that aren't in the running so far.

Just for yucks I thought I'd give the 3 teams each of these early "contenders" play twice this season to see if anyone wants to try to evaluate their relative strength of schedules and predict the Big East final standings.

Seton Hall - UConn, Depaul and Rutgers
Marquette - Nova, Georgetown and Cinn
Cinn - St John's, Nova and Marquette
Georgetown- Marquette, St Johns' and Providence
UConn - SU, Seton Hall and ND
Louisville - Depaul, SU and Pittsburgh
WVU - Nova, Rutgers and Pittsburgh

and of course
SU - Louisville, UConn and Providence

We clearly have the worst of it... with UConn and Lville twice. As things are developing, it looks like WVU may have it easiest with Nova, RU and Pitt. But who would have thought that two months ago?

At face value, it looks like WVU really got the easy side of the draw this year. Not really their fault, considering Nova and Pitt are typically good.

So much parity in the league this year, it really all comes down to road wins. There have been very few roads wins in the league this year.

Here's the road records of the BE this year:
SU 3-0
Cin 2-0
SHU 1-2
UCon 2-2
GT 2-1
WVU 1-2
Mrq 0-2
USF 1-1
RU 1-2
ND 1-2
UL 1-2
SJ 1-2
Dep 0-3
Prv 0-3
VU 0-3
Pitt 0-4

16-31 (34%). We own 3 out of the 16 road wins (19%).

The teams that can scratch out 4 or 5 wins on the road will separate themselves from the pack.

Tough call. I don't think Louisville will finish 2nd (they're 2-4 right now) but all the others have a shot. The SU game next monday is going to be a big one for Cincinnati, if they lose that that might be 3 Ls in a row for them and no 2nd place.

I'm going to go with a five-way tie for second at 11-7 between Seton Hall, Marquette, WVU, Gtown, and UConn.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom