Best freshman class in a long time... | Syracusefan.com

Best freshman class in a long time...

Jake

Mod
Especially if you include the RF Ajak. They all can ball. Kadary is going to be great. He gets a little sloppy on both ends of the court...he’ll learn that he needs to tighten up against ACC teams, but his upside is tremendous.

Woody is much better offensively than I thought, and he has really good energy.

Anselem has that look to him. He’s not a project from a skill stand point. He just needs to learn the game.

Deep deep team. Bras and Edwards are going to need to step up, cause the young guys at their position can play.

Especially if you include the RF Ajak. They all can ball. Kadary is going to be great. He gets a little sloppy on both ends of the court...he’ll learn that he needs to tighten up against ACC teams, but his upside is great.

Anselem has that look to him. He’s not a project from a skill stand point. He just needs to learn the game.

Deep deep team. Bras and Edwards are going to need to step up, cause the young guys at their position can play.

Agreed. Athletic article had pointed to Ajak as a total project who wouldn't see the floor but man.. he gets up and down the court quickly and his defense as a 4, albeit against Rider was really good. Not to mention he has that little jumper and can pass it as it looks.

Woody is just carrying over from last season where he blew up compared to the shy project he looked like the year before. Such a smart player and good defender.

Kadary is the best defender at the top of the zone since MCW. This class is a home run for a change.

Also - agree on Frank. It seemed tonight he finally had his sea legs and man - he got himself into the game quick. Love his aggressive finishing and then the sweet stroke at the FT line to boot.

Agreed. Athletic article had pointed to Ajak as a total project who wouldn't see the floor but man.. he gets up and down the court quickly and his defense as a 4, albeit against Rider was really good. Not to mention he has that little jumper and can pass it as it looks.

Woody is just carrying over from last season where he blew up compared to the shy project he looked like the year before. Such a smart player and good defender.

Kadary is the best defender at the top of the zone since MCW. This class is a home run for a change.

Also - agree on Frank. It seemed tonight he finally had his sea legs and man - he got himself into the game quick. Love his aggressive finishing and then the sweet stroke at the FT line to boot.

Yeah that Athletic report made JBA sound like Geoffrey from Everybody Loves Raymond when he was walking around in circles in the middle of the court, chasing other players with his hands in his shorts and asking for a snack in the middle of the game.

OK, I guess I missed a nickname granting.

Shake?

Edit: lol - I see you changed it.

But we should really have a player nicknamed Shake. I like it.
Yeah, if it fit Ajak, I would have totally pretended it was intentional. I think we need a Chocolate Shake, a Vanilla Shake and a Strawberry Shake. But, I don’t think we have any Native American basketball players.

Yeah that Athletic report made JBA sound like Geoffrey from Everybody Loves Raymond when he was walking around in circles in the middle of the court, chasing other players with his hands in his shorts and asking for a snack in the middle of the game.
That scene is hilarious. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Especially if you include the RF Ajak. They all can ball. Kadary is going to be great. He gets a little sloppy on both ends of the court...he’ll learn that he needs to tighten up against ACC teams, but his upside is tremendous.

and if you don't count ajak here, last year's trio of jgiii, quincy & jba are nice, too

If JBA’s a total project then im Brad Pitt.

And I got news for you people..
Eh. He’s raw. Will need time. But he brings energy and tremendous foot speed for his size. He’s the kind of player you throw at a legit big man to harass the crap out of. He’ll end up fouling or creating a turnover every possession.

For you old dudes like me, he’s a thinner Rodney Walker.

Eh. He’s raw. Will need time. But he brings energy and tremendous foot speed for his size. He’s the kind of player you throw at a legit big man to harass the crap out of. He’ll end up fouling or creating a turnover every possession.

For you old dudes like me, he’s a thinner Rodney Walker.
Thats fine, he has potential and its not as far away as what was hinted is my point

Biggest surprise to me tonight was Anselem. Looked very athletic, could shoot free throws, and went straight to the basket with authority when he got the ball. Lots to work with there. Clearly needs to know how to play defense in the zone, but that will come with time. Out of all of our centers, I think he has the most upside. Needs reps.

Biggest surprise to me tonight was Anselem. Looked very athletic, could shoot free throws, and went straight to the basket with authority when he got the ball. Lots to work with there. Clearly needs to know how to play defense in the zone, but that will come with time. Out of all of our centers, I think he has the most upside. Needs reps.

He looked better and more comfortable in the zone despite needed more work. Those two blocks ( or one and a partial), he got up really high. The athleticism is very clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom