Best freshman class in a long time... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best freshman class in a long time...

He looked better and more comfortable in the zone despite needed more work. Those two blocks ( or one and a partial), he got up really high. The athleticism is very clear.
I’m struggling to think of any of our centers that looked as or more athletic than Frank. Have to go back to Rak I think.

This will probably the closest I’ll ever see again to Jersey Orange’s legendary football thread in 2018 after WMU huh

I’m struggling to think of any of our centers that looked as or more athletic than Frank. Have to go back to Rak I think.

Rak for sure. He reminds me of Jerami Grant in terms of how high he goes up even though Grant was obviously a 4 not a 5.

It clearly hasn't been for years but maybe this is the uptick that we all hoped for.
Hmmm. Could have sworn I read somewhere our recruiting was not up to par. Weird.

With Anselem’s athleticism, I wonder if there will be some set inbound/set plays for him at some point this season.

Hmmm. Could have sworn I read somewhere our recruiting was not up to par. Weird.

Helps when you have the right assistants recruiting them. I know Richmond was an Autry guy. I'm telling you Autry is a great recruiter Griff is too. These two should do the heavy lifting on every recruit. Gmac can do the local guys who are pretty much guaranteed to come here like JG3.

Helps when you have the right assistants recruiting them. I know Richmond was an Autry guy. I'm telling you Autry is a great recruiter Griff is too. These two should do the heavy lifting on every recruit. Gmac can do the local guys who are pretty much guaranteed to come here like JG3.
Don't you ever get tired of posting the same thing over and over and over and over again?

Ponderous.

also glad we can all agree that “well actually...the guys on the bench can‘t play“ won’t be a reasonable excuse this year.
It was Rider. Let’s pump the brakes on splitting up all the minutes evenly.

The bench looks better than it has in awhile but we still got ppl on this board up to this very day (12/5/20) trying to convince us that Carey and Goodine are good. I know it’s a wild idea around here, but maybe JB knows what he’s doing when it comes to who should play and winning ball games.

also glad we can all agree that “well actually...the guys on the bench can‘t play“ won’t be a reasonable excuse this year.

Excuse isn’t the right word when the guys actually sucked though.

I think we’ve got a solid 7-8 when the games get right. Which is perfect.

I’m afraid that Woody doesn’t get any minutes once Buddy is back and we head into ACC play. Maybe I’m just scarred from past years.

With Sidibe out and Marek playing center, there should be minutes for him if he keeps playing like this.

When Sidibe comes back, we’ll see.

Especially if you include the RF Ajak. They all can ball. Kadary is going to be great. He gets a little sloppy on both ends of the court...he’ll learn that he needs to tighten up against ACC teams, but his upside is tremendous.

Woody is much better offensively than I thought, and he has really good energy.

Anselem has that look to him. He’s not a project from a skill stand point. He just needs to learn the game.

Deep deep team. Bras and Edwards are going to need to step up, cause the young guys at their position can play.
Hell yeah lets not forget about legacy recruit Chaz Owens also a FR. in this class ;)

You've outdone yourself this time...
5CCFCAB4-C613-48EC-9F64-C1DBFF27DCBE.gif

If you look at the make up of our team and what matters, Woody has made a strong case for being a regular sub. Frank and Ajak have made a strong case for situational minutes. Beyond that I think it's hard to see that Jesse or Braswell have done much for either. Bras has the practice performance per reports and maybe the best shot to compete for that opportunity.

The 8 as of right now once we are healthy are

Kadary, Buddy, Joe, Griff, Quincy, Marek, Sidibe, Woody. Frank and Ajak are the wildcards/when needed guys. Frank I think will make a case for being the backup center against bigger teams.

I’m afraid that Woody doesn’t get any minutes once Buddy is back and we head into ACC play. Maybe I’m just scarred from past years.

Cant wait for his plus minus to show. He had the 3rd best on the floor last game.

Ajak is really quick for such a big guy. He moves more like a forward than center, if that makes sense.
Thats because his true position should be the 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom