best movie of the decade? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

best movie of the decade?

Baby Driver was really good. but I wouldnt rate it any better than "Drive" My best driving movie would be "Locke" though with Tom Hardy
I thought Drive was decent but incredibly overrated; the story was meh and was carried by one of the best actors working today. Good flick to be sure, but I think Baby Driver was a better overall movie.

Definitely some recency bias for me, but I think it was just such a perfect movie. Other movies I really enjoyed this decade include Baby Driver, Fury Road, Whiplash, Black Swan, and Dunkirk. I also love all of the Disney Star Wars movies but I'm an admitted fanboy and know this is not a popular opinion.
Saw Knives Out yesterday.

It's one of the few movies in my life where I can say I was entertained the entire time. Everything held my attention. It was fantastic.

knives was simple. well done, quirky, fun, great cast

shows you dont need overly done action to make a movie work.

Saw Knives Out yesterday.

It's one of the few movies in my life where I can say I was entertained the entire time. Everything held my attention. It was fantastic.
Including ... The sweater?

The Joker was better than the majority of these movies imo

no love for GingerDeadMan vs. Evil Bong ?

ed990cf372ac20cda5eb197fab4cf973.jpg

I’m not qualified here, but Creed was my favorite movie that I saw this decade. Really love that movie and was shocked by how good it was.

I’ve seen so few movies in the 2010’s though. I’ve really become a shows guy, and in a way they’ve ruined movies for me. Shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad...when the story is fleshed out over 60 hours vs. 2 or less - it’s just my preference now.

I’m not qualified here, but Creed was my favorite movie that I saw this decade. Really love that movie and was shocked by how good it was.

I’ve seen so few movies in the 2010’s though. I’ve really become a shows guy, and in a way they’ve ruined movies for me. Shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad...when the story is fleshed out over 60 hours vs. 2 or less - it’s just my preference now.
I've become a fan of the short series. The Night Manager, The Little Drummer Girl, Election on Netflix... longer than a movie, but don't require the full commitment of a 5 season series.

2 more for my list: hereditary was amazing . . . but so disturbing i don't think i will ever watch it again

coco is the best animated feature pixar has ever put out, which is really saying something
Hereditary was very good but so messed up I agree

Eh, some people mentioned some really great ones already - and a big shout out for someone mentioning The Night Manager, I may rewatch that.

Hell or High Water
Ex-Machina
Scott Pilgrim
Animal Kingdom (not that TV show)
Peanut Butter Falcon - clearly the best named film of the decade...haven't seen it, but it makes my list just based on the potential from that name
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
In Jackson Heights
Inception
The Lobster
Burning
Baywatch
Any movie that showed Alexandra Daddario naked

Oh, and Hereditary may have been the worst movie of ANY decade. Man, that movie really sucked.

As for the best overall, clearly any film that showed Alexandra Daddario naked. So good.

2 more for my list: hereditary was amazing . . . but so disturbing i don't think i will ever watch it again

coco is the best animated feature pixar has ever put out, which is really saying something

I'm curious about this Coco movie now, as the O.T. Genasis song, "CoCo" may be the best music video anyone has ever put out.

I’m trying to remember what you guys might have loved about The Way Way Back so much. I barely remember it.

I liked American Hustle. The JenLaw role especially.
Ex Machina.
Grand Budapest (over Moonrise).
Wolf of Wall Street, even though I don’t like DiCaprio.
Her.
Midnight in Paris.
Fences. Denzel was insanely good.

Other than that, I need to google a master list of what came out in the decade.

Last edited:
I’m trying to remember what you guys might have loved about The Way Way Back so much. I barely remember it.

I liked American Hustle. The JenLaw role especially.
Ex Machina.
Grand Budapest (over Moonrise).
Wolf of Wall Street, even though I don’t like DiCaprio.
Her.
Midnight in Paris.
Fences. Denzel was insanely good.

Other than that, I need to google a master list of what came out in the decade.

Happy Birthday, Denzel! And me!
He's always insanely good btw! Always!

Her was really good. +1

Get Out, Three Billboards, Straight Outta Compton, Ex Machina

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the psychological horror movie "The Killing of a Sacred Deer" with Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman? It's unlike any movie I've ever seen. I don't think I breathed for the last half of the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom