Big 12 to expand...or not | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 to expand...or not

Is it possible that the Texas Governor may be pressuring UT to support Houston for inclusion? Nah, a state government getting involved in an athletic conference expansion would never happen!

UConn should go independent like Notre Dame. And have their own network - like the Longhorn Network. It can be called The Chihuahua. It'll be HUGE

Is it possible that the Texas Governor may be pressuring UT to support Houston for inclusion? Nah, a state government getting involved in an athletic conference expansion would never happen!
From what our Texas guru said on our board, the Governor and Lt Governor don't have to force UT to vote for UH because UT is looking to expand and have a campus in Houston and is quite willing to vote for the Cougars in exchange for the state's approval of the expansion.

How to impress the B12 about being a research university by misspelling research (2nd paragraph)

Cp_3t-8WcAMp3_O.jpg

Surprised that Air Force has thrown their names into the ring.

What might really make UCONN heads explode is Mark Bladschun's (Jersey Guy, former sports writer for Boston Globe) new column that purportedly says his sources say the Huskies may ditch the AAC if they are not selected by the Big 12. This on top of yesterday's Hartford Courant story that quotes UCONN PResident Susan Herbst saying she is not "lobbying" the Big 12 on behalf of Storrs State. Tough time to be a Huskies fan!

What might really make UCONN heads explode is Mark Bladschun's (Jersey Guy, former sports writer for Boston Globe) new column that purportedly says his sources say the Huskies may ditch the AAC if they are not selected by the Big 12. This on top of yesterday's Hartford Courant story that quotes UCONN PResident Susan Herbst saying she is not "lobbying" the Big 12 on behalf of Storrs State. Tough time to be a Huskies fan!
How can they ditch the AAC? No way they can go indy in football. Who would they play at the end of the year when everyone else is playing league games? Their hoop teams could always go crawling back to the Big East.

Just read that second part over on the Boneyard. Can't be happy times over there.

How can they ditch the AAC? No way they can go indy in football. Who would they play at the end of the year when everyone else is playing league games? Their hoop teams could always go crawling back to the Big East.

The story -- as I understand it -- is that UCONN would pull Hoops and all sports except Football out of the AAC and then beg Aresco to let them play FB in the AAC.

Let me be clear -- I am just reporting what I read on other forums. I don't believe this crap for a minute (although who knows?)

Edit: The source of the report on the Bladschun column is a poster on the CSNbbs American Conference forum

The story -- as I understand it -- is that UCONN would pull Hoops and all sports except Football out of the AAC and then beg Aresco to let them play FB in the AAC.

Let me be clear -- I am just reporting what I read on other forums. I don't believe this crap for a minute (although who knows?)

Edit: The source of the report on the Bladschun column is a poster on the CSNbbs American Conference forum
Women's Hoops team would go indy. The rest of the program will drop to FCS and join the Patriot League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom