Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

Gerry leaving makes sense for him...as much as he loves Cuse, when JB leaves Gerry's job is nowhere near safe. He's safer with Hop in UW​

If we thought the zone was bad this year... now we have nobody to run the practices for what will be a completely retooled roster.

Dumpster fire.

Starting to feel like the Titanic if Boeheim doesn't step down in the next few weeks.

We need to rip the band-aid off and move in a new direction.

With no succession plan in place, what is the point of JB staying on when everyone knows his time is basically up?
Holy paranoia. Relax Chicken Little.

And many of us think that if Dean had returned in 1998, we would have won it all. Guthridge got the team to the FF, but he clearly lacked that something to win it all.

Agreed. I thought they were the best team that year. Was shocked when they lost to Utah.

I didn't really have an opinion about it but thought he earned the chance.

My biggest thing about this is he left when he was set up for the job, not 5 years from now, not 4, but 1.

This is a big deal. If we're having trouble recruiting now, what's next?
Because 5 years ago the AD was different. If Wildehack wanted a national search, Hop probably didn't like his chances

Again if the assistants leave then Boeheim has to step down. What kind of assistants can he possibly get with 1 year left? Also maybe this is why he made the comment that this could be his last year?

If we thought the zone was bad this year... now we have nobody to run the practices for what will be a completely retooled roster.

Dumpster fire.

Holy paranoia. Relax Chicken Little.
I think I am relaxed. This is a pretty big development and it seems Boeheim is torpedoing this program with his decision making as a Head Coach and in regards to staying on as Head Coach.

It's time to move on. I'm of the mind set that delaying the inevitable will begin to immensely hurt the program more than it already has.

don't know details.

I'm sure the pay side knew about this all along but I just woke up and am shocked. Totally out of left field.

hangover.jpg

I was excited to see Porter here, now excited to see what Hop can do here. If anyone asks me about Hop at work today, I'll tell them he is one positive dude that as a player used to dive and sacrifice his body for the team.

If Gerry is going then Boeheim will probably be going too and we will have a national coaching search.
Well, if Boeheim is stepping aside, then Syracuse needs to look BIG. I would pursue Gregg Marshall.

Brissett and Sidibe have both signed LOI's.

SU is Washington's dream school.

you're right. honestly i'm not sure about that part. could be someone that was in the works? are we after anyone from Toronto?

I just don't get why JB is doing this. He is hurting the program more by staying in my opinion I don't know what to think

I have it on good authority JB is coaching atleast 2 more years.
He needs to get off his a$$ for 2018 recruiting.
JB isn't retiring.

I have it on good authority JB is coaching atleast 2 more years.
He needs to get off his a$$ for 2018 recruiting.
JB isn't retiring.
Then why in the hell would Gerry leave?

I'm sure the pay side knew about this all along but I just woke up and am shocked. Totally out of left field.

hangover.jpg

I don't know about that but I do know my source has been right 100% of the time but is in a sensitive spot and can't always divulge complete details. I knew it wasn't JB retiring and piecing the details together I thought it might be Hop leaving but didn't want to speculate and be wrong. Would never have heard the end of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom