Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

Do you think they had a meeting and decided to fire the coach and them brainstormed a replacement, contacted him and made an offer?
That's my point do you think Syracuse was caught of gaurd by this and that they have not had any discussion behind the scenes as to the future of the program?

Yup. Most people who've been exposed to new regimes at big organizations pretty much know that any previous succession agreements go out the window the day the new guy comes in.

Yes, but that's a little different. The new guy wants someone competent but he also wants someone who owes his job to him so that there is some loyalty there.

The old succession agreement doesn't allow that critical piece.

Bunch of worry warts. We'll be fine. Wildhack is a pro and it's likely a plan has been in place for a while. Now we know why Hop hasn't been the main recruiter this cycle.

Let it play out.

Who is the main recruiter and what players have they brought in?

That's my point do you think Syracuse was caught of gaurd by this and that they have not had any discussion behind the scenes as to the future of the program?

No, this has been going on for months. And PROBABLY the plan is to let JB coach next year and to do the hiring process and announce it at the end of next year.

Who is the main recruiter and what players have they brought in?

We know it's been Gerry on a lot of the guards, right? Hop has been less in front recently - point is - maybe the whole staff knew he was looking to leave (and Wildhack knew too)?

"The demise of the program" is a fable.

No, this has been going on for months. And PROBABLY the plan is to let JB coach next year and to do the hiring process and announce it at the end of next year.
That cripples the program. It ruins next year's recruiting class. You can't hire any decent assistant coaches and nobody will committ to Cuse not knowing who the coach is going to be. Not to mention your recruiting players for a coach you have no idea who they are or philosophy. That would be the worst scenario possible. Wildhack would not allow it. Either Boeheim is gone or he coaches for at least 3 more years.

We know it's been Gerry on a lot of the guards, right? Hop has been less in front recently - point is - maybe the whole staff knew he was looking to leave (and Wildhack knew too)?

"The demise of the program" is a fable.

What guards has Gerry signed?

I said we could be looking at sub .500 years, I don't think it's that far fetched.

What guards has Gerry signed?

I said we could be looking at sub .500 years, I don't think it's that far fetched.
It won't get that far. Not even close. Wildhack is a big time player. He is very smart and forward thinking. He isn't going to let it play out and get caught with his pants down.

So are we to believe Hop and Gerry had one foot out the door and that this was all planned?

Under this scenario, an untested recruiter in Gerry McNamara who was set to follow Hop (who stepped back from recruiting) was the lead recruiter on Quade Green..

None of this adds up. Either it was in the works and we suck at planning or it wasn't and Hop/GMac became struggling recruiters.

That cripples the program. It ruins next year's recruiting class. You can't hire any decent assistant coaches and nobody will committ to Cuse not knowing who the coach is going to be. Not to mention your recruiting players for a coach you have no idea who they are or philosophy. That would be the worst scenario possible. Wildhack would not allow it. Either Boeheim is gone or he coaches for at least 3 more years.

Breathe deep. There was bound to be some upset. It'll be managed.

Thank goodness you aren't at the controls.

th

Breathe deep. There was bound to be some upset. It'll be managed.

Thank goodness you aren't at the controls.
I'm not upset at all I didn't really want Hopkins as the head coach. I'm just stating that Wildhack is smart and one of two scenarios will play out I promise you. Boeheim will announce that he is going to continue to coach and Wildhack will back him or Boeheim will offer his resignation. There is zero chance they keep everything as is and leave Boeheim as a lame duck coach for 1 season. 0 percent chance.

I'm not upset at all I didn't really want Hopkins as the head coach. I'm just stating that Wildhack is smart and one of two scenarios will play out I promise you. Boeheim will announce that he is going to continue to coach and Wildhack will back him or Boeheim will offer his resignation. There is zero chance they keep everything as is and leave Boeheim as a lame duck coach for 1 season. 0 percent chance.
Juli praying its door #1.

Maybe we worked a behind the scenes trade with the state of Washington, Hop and a 3rd round draft pick for Mark Few.

This whole situation is chaiotic. Boeheim is destroying the program he built by staying longer than he should be. I have no clue what he is thinking

I'm a little surprised that - after 35 pages - no one has suggested Michael Porter Sr. or Bernie Fine as potential assistant coach hires. Even in jest.

This whole situation is chaiotic. Boeheim is destroying the program he built by staying longer than he should be. I have no clue what he is thinking
Feeling must be mutual because I have no idea what you are thinking with this type of thought process.

It's not like JB is in a wheel chair and ventilator. He's still healthy and can continue to coach.

I'm a little surprised that - after 35 pages - no one has suggested Michael Porter Sr. or Bernie Fine as potential assistant coach hires. Even in jest.
Just hire the guy that controls Cam Reddish's recruiting and it will all be worthwhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom