Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

Feeling must be mutual because I have no idea what you are thinking with this type of thought process.

It's not like JB is in a wheel chair and ventilator. He's still healthy and can continue to coach.
Meh, there's a reason coaches don't stay at a top program much past 70. There's a lot of room between successful head coach and wheelchair.

There's a lot of room between successful head coach and wheelchair.
posted-inbykurt-ernst-november-17th-2010-leave-a-reply-tpkjeh-clipart.jpg

Nice 9th post!! (and it was one of the very first posts on this thread---before Rothstein's tweet even came out but no one seemed to take you seriously so kudos).

Been a loooong time lurker. I don't post too often because I see how frustrating it is for other posters to defend what they're saying. Even though it's 100% correct. I love Hop, played golf with him and Gerry many times. I'm excited for him so I decided to share.

Been a loooong time lurker. I don't post too often because I see how frustrating it is for other posters to defend what they're saying. Even though it's 100% correct. I love Hop, played golf with him and Gerry many times. I'm excited for him so I decided to share.
Heard anything on what's the next chapter for SU hoops?

Time to come clean...

Does Hop hook or slice?

Time to come clean...

Does Hop hook or slice?

Haha he should stick to basketball let's just say that lol. Really fun to play with. He's got some great stories. I'm really happy for him. He'll always bleed orange but I don't see him ever coming back as a few posters suggested. Not happening.

Haha he should stick to basketball let's just say that lol. Really fun to play with. He's got some great stories. I'm really happy for him. He'll always bleed orange but I don't see him ever coming back as a few posters suggested. Not happening.

You can only rent "Left Coasters". You can't keep them. :p

So is Gerry going with him?

He'll always bleed orange but I don't see him ever coming back as a few posters suggested. Not happening.
Interesting statement.

Any particular reason you feel that way?

What I'd like to know is how long has Hop's move been in the making? My assumption is ever since Boeheim started pushing back against the retirement date. Romar was gone on Wednesday and Hopkins signs a contract on Sunday. His agent may be real good but for those kinds of decisions, you need the Board of Trustees to assemble and vote, among other things. University bureaucracy moves slowly.

I think Hopkins was looking to bail for a while and the Washington gig was too good to pass up. His near total absence on the recruiting trail in recent months was a sign we didn't take as seriously as we should have.

Interesting statement.

Any particular reason you feel that way?

No way he'd come back. He has a six year contract for solid money. That's a beautiful place to live. If he's successful he won't want to leave and if he isn't then we won't want him.

The next chapter is really a continuation of the current one really. Jim's going to coach another 3 years at minimum. He wants another 5. What this chapter will consist of is who replaces Hop on the recruiting trail. GMAC going to Washington is not a forgone conclusion. In fact, from what I gather, as of right now, he's staying.
So is Gerry going with him?

The next chapter is really a continuation of the current one really. Jim's going to coach another 3 years at minimum. He wants another 5. What this chapter will consist of is who replaces Hop on the recruiting trail. GMAC going to Washington is not a forgone conclusion. In fact, from what I gather, as of right now, he's staying.

That's what I am hearing too.

Also washington fired their head coach this week and hired Hopkins in the same week. So how long does it really take?

And Porter is going to Mizzou after Cuonzo Martin hired his dad w/in about 6 hours, right?

GMac staying would be disappointing. I was hoping we would get a clean break.
Hopkins not taking GMac means JB can just bump everyone up add Devo and not invest in a new recruiter.

Lakeshore, Onondaga or neither ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom