Big NBA Rumor | Syracusefan.com

Big NBA Rumor

DeGrozz

All American
CP3 pushing a trade to the Knicks!

Nice to have pro ball back. I'm not a huge fan but love the playoffs and watch a Knick game every week.

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but Paul on the Knicks would be a pretty interesting development. I didn't think it would happen, but I'm starting to think it may actually come to fruition.

He isn't pushing a trade really. Just said if New Orleans trades him the ONLY place he will sign a long-term deal with is the Knicks. He is willing to play out his final year in New Orleans, this isn't a hold out. And if any team wants to rent him for the year he will go there and do what he will. But he is refusing to sign a long-term deal with any team except NY.

And since he is willing to go to NY as a free agent AFTER the season and lose out on $20-30 mill...you can't say he is all about the money. He clearly isn't

i just wonder who the knicks could even have left on their roster to make that trade work...fields/toney douglas...umm? rautins?

i just wonder who the knicks could even have left on their roster to make that trade work...fields/toney douglas...umm? rautins?

Nobody. And Paul even said so. That's why this isn't a trade demand he knows the Knicks have nothing after last years Carmelo deal. The Knicks can't even trade a 1st round pick till 2018 because of the NBA rule of not being able to trade 1st round picks in back-to-back years. IF the Knicks add Paul in the offseason they have to gut their roster, they will have 3 superstars and about 12 scrubs around them. Which isn't a bad way to go if you got 3 superstars, but they have nothing they can deal. Chauncy Billiups expiring contract is a nice trading piece, but not nearly enough for Paul.

This whole story was blown up by the media.

Nobody. And Paul even said so. That's why this isn't a trade demand he knows the Knicks have nothing after last years Carmelo deal. The Knicks can't even trade a 1st round pick till 2018 because of the NBA rule of not being able to trade 1st round picks in back-to-back years. IF the Knicks add Paul in the offseason they have to gut their roster, they will have 3 superstars and about 12 scrubs around them. Which isn't a bad way to go if you got 3 superstars, but they have nothing they can deal. Chauncy Billiups expiring contract is a nice trading piece, but not nearly enough for Paul.

This whole story was blown up by the media.
forgot all about chauncy..good point

CP3 pushing a trade to the Knicks!

Nice to have pro ball back. I'm not a huge fan but love the playoffs and watch a Knick game every week.

Not a knock on you, just seeing your post reminds me of why I am on the opposite side of things when it comes to my once beloved NBA. The ink on the CBA isn't even dry yet and I don't think practices have even started, and immediately you have two of the game's biggest names already trying to get to the same four cities that every all-star tries to go to, instead of being happy to make a crap-ton of money and being the face of their franchise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom