Big Ten / COVID | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten / COVID

"Unfortunately" "Disappointing"
giphy.gif

They should play Cincinnati. No real reason for Cincinnati and Tulsa to play two weeks in a row

Cincinnati canceled this week’s game due to high covid cases on their end. Cincinnati hosts Tulsa next week now. Tulsa would’ve hosted if they won Saturday.

Would be a lot of fun but reality though I don’t know why A&M would do it. I’d think if Notre Dame or Bama wins they’re in.
A&M has little chance to finish top 4 outside of Clemson losing to Notre Dame.
If A&M went to Columbus and won they would likely make the playoffs.

Florida will pass A&M if they beat Alabama.
Ohio State is unlikely to lose to a Big Ten team.

It would be amazing if the two teams played

If Purdue can’t play then make Ohio play Indiana again.

Screw making Indiana-Rutgers play twice.

Cincinnati canceled this week’s game due to high covid cases on their end. Cincinnati hosts Tulsa next week now. Tulsa would’ve hosted if they won Saturday.
Tulsa people are angry at Cincinnati.
I read they believe Cincy called out sick because they want the AAC championship game at home and by not playing they get to host and beating Tulsa 2 times within a week wouldn’t have been easy.

I hope Coastal jumps Cincy now.

A&M has little chance to finish top 4 outside of Clemson losing to Notre Dame.
If A&M went to Columbus and won they would likely make the playoffs.

Florida will pass A&M if they beat Alabama.
Ohio State is unlikely to lose to a Big Ten team.

It would be amazing if the two teams played
How do you figure? ND may get waxed by 30 against full strength Clemson and be out. There signature win is beating a true freshman in 3OT in his 1st start. That's not a top 4 team.

How do you figure? ND may get waxed by 30 against full strength Clemson and be out. There signature win is beating a true freshman in 3OT in his 1st start. That's not a top 4 team.
Notre Dame is safe IMO.
I can’t see the committee keeping them out unless it was an absolute beatdown.

I would take Notre Dame over A&M by atleast one score.

These teams have the two best OLs in the nation.
I like ND defense more than A&M.

I think Florida is better than A&M and A&M beat them.
This season is going to rely on the eye test more than any other.
A&M doesn’t impress me as much as either Clemson, Notre Dame or Ohio State.

It subjective but I would rank A&M 6th right now behind the top 4 and Florida.

Notre Dame is safe IMO.
I can’t see the committee keeping them out unless it was an absolute beatdown.

I would take Notre Dame over A&M by atleast one score.

These teams have the two best OLs in the nation.
I like ND defense more than A&M.

I think Florida is better than A&M and A&M beat them.
This season is going to rely on the eye test more than any other.
A&M doesn’t impress me as much as either Clemson, Notre Dame or Ohio State.

It subjective but I would rank A&M 6th right now behind the top 4 and Florida.
By at least one score is completely ridiculous. I'm not sure how your eye test works, but ND struggled for the majority of a half against our pitiful excuse for an ACC team. Notre Dame should get the boot if they lose to Clemson unless they keep it a 1 score game late. A&M win over FL is better than anything ND or FL have. If FL beats Bama then both A&M and ND will and should be out.

By at least one score is completely ridiculous. I'm not sure how your eye test works, but ND struggled for the majority of a half against our pitiful excuse for an ACC team. Notre Dame should get the boot if they lose to Clemson unless they keep it a 1 score game late. A&M win over FL is better than anything ND or FL have. If FL beats Bama then both A&M and ND will and should be out.
How is beating Clemson not as good as A&M beating Florida?

I watched the Florida-A&M game the Gators weren’t dominated and the late fumble was a huge break that A&M took advantage of.
I don’t care Lawrence was out for Clemson the Tigers backup wasn’t why they lost.
Notre Dame beat Clemson.

Unless Clemson pulls a 2013 NC title game Alabama on ND in the ACC title game they are likely in.

ND beat Clemson, went to UNC and won.
A&M beat Florida and went to Auburn and won.

Their schedules aren’t that different.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State aren’t that good this year.
LSU is down.

Boston College, Pittsburgh aren’t much different.

SEC reputation doesn’t mean every team is a top 25 team.

This past May or so I honestly thought there was only a 5-10% chance tops of the season being played. I'm still shocked it was pulled off.
Why?
They limited crowds which was the biggest obstacle against the games being played.

The game is played outside. Medical people were saying the virus doesn’t spread as easily outdoors than indoors.

Thus as long as their weren’t crowds and the teams were tested it was going to happen.

The only reason the season wouldn’t have happened would have been the players refused to play.

There was too much money.

The Big Ten and PAC-12 tried to force the SEC’s hand. The SEC got the ACC and Big XII to hold the line.

If this country had actual leadership in this crisis their would have been full seasons.

How is beating Clemson not as good as A&M beating Florida?

I watched the Florida-A&M game the Gators weren’t dominated and the late fumble was a huge break that A&M took advantage of.
I don’t care Lawrence was out for Clemson the Tigers backup wasn’t why they lost.
Notre Dame beat Clemson.

Unless Clemson pulls a 2013 NC title game Alabama on ND in the ACC title game they are likely in.

ND beat Clemson, went to UNC and won.
A&M beat Florida and went to Auburn and won.

Their schedules aren’t that different.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State aren’t that good this year.
LSU is down.

Boston College, Pittsburgh aren’t much different.

SEC reputation doesn’t mean every team is a top 25 team.
Should care about Clemson without Lawrence, beating a team that is missing the best player in the entire country is a big win and all but needing 3 OTs to beat a true freshman in his 1st career start isn't nearly as impressive as beating FL w/Trask to me.

The way the season has played out very few top ten teams have signature wins. Alabama has one as does aTm. Clemson really doesn't have a signature win unless you want to count a home win against a Miami team that has struggled with several mediocre ACC teams that it has played.

If Indiana can’t play the next 2 weeks and the Big Ten rules aren’t amended the winner of this week’s Michigan State-Pennsylvania State would play Northwestern in the Big Ten title gams.

If Indiana can’t play the next 2 weeks and the Big Ten rules aren’t amended the winner of this week’s Michigan State-Pennsylvania State would play Northwestern in the Big Ten title gams.
Big10 is as sleazy and money hungry as the SEC these days. There is a better chance they just anoint Ohio State then let it play out like that.

The way the season has played out very few top ten teams have signature wins. Alabama has one as does aTm. Clemson really doesn't have a signature win unless you want to count a home win against a Miami team that has struggled with several mediocre ACC teams that it has played.
Fully agree. Clemson will only have one when they wipe out ND. Hopefully it's thorough enough that no one on the committee wants to watch ND then get beat up again by one of the top 3. I just don't think they have a chance against any of the top 3 and don't want to watch it. Whoever does end up the 4 is likely going to get trounced by Bama any way. A&M already did once so don't really want to see that again either though they have played better since.

Fully agree. Clemson will only have one when they wipe out ND. Hopefully it's thorough enough that no one on the committee wants to watch ND then get beat up again by one of the top 3. I just don't think they have a chance against any of the top 3 and don't want to watch it. Whoever does end up the 4 is likely going to get trounced by Bama any way. A&M already did once so don't really want to see that again either though they have played better since.
Ohio State hasn’t proven they are better than Notre Dame this year.

Ohio State has played one decent team as well and they didn’t crush Indiana.

Notre Dams’s OL and DL play is why they won’t get destroyed by Alabama or Ohio State.

Alabama has a cheat code offense but their defense can be shredded.

Ole Miss put 35 on each Florida and Alabama.

I think the ACC is the most likely conference to get 2 teams in the playoffs this year.

A&M needs Notre Dame to beat Clemson or Ohio State get punished.

Florida controls its own destiny.

So Ohio State gets a bye this week.
Gets to prepare for Northwestern for 2 weeks.
While Northwestern has to play Illinois and grind this week and then play Ohio State next week.

Kevin Warren really sucks at his job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom