Big Ten / COVID | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten / COVID

Fully agree. Clemson will only have one when they wipe out ND. Hopefully it's thorough enough that no one on the committee wants to watch ND then get beat up again by one of the top 3. I just don't think they have a chance against any of the top 3 and don't want to watch it. Whoever does end up the 4 is likely going to get trounced by Bama any way. A&M already did once so don't really want to see that again either though they have played better since.

I understand Clemson didn't have Trevor and a couple of defensive players but the Clemson defense just doesn't seem as dominant as in the last few years. ND rolled up over 500 yards (200 on the ground) and big boyed CU at the line of scrimmage. Meanwhile Etienne was held to 28 yards on the ground. It's tough to beat a high quality team twice in one season and Austin is certainly a difference maker so I'd expect a CU win but I'd be surprised if they won by four TDs.

now i need a NW miracle.. gonna pull Sg York out of retirement..

As much as I hate o$u it would have been a bigger joke if they weren't there.
Maybe it's just me, but I disagree. Follow the rules, and you get in. Don't change the rules midway through the game. If Northwestern were in the same situation (or Indiana for that matter), there is no way they would have changed the rule$.

I have an Indiana 150-1 ticket and a Northwestern 20-1 ticket :(

Maybe it's just me, but I disagree. Follow the rules, and you get in. Don't change the rules midway through the game. If Northwestern were in the same situation (or Indiana for that matter), there is no way they would have changed the rule$.
Michigan canceled the game against Osu this weekend, Its just a bad look not having your best team in your title game. There is a chance Indiana might not be able to play in it also, no one wants to see Penn st against Nwestern.

Michigan canceled the game against Osu this weekend, Its just a bad look not having your best team in your title game. There is a chance Indiana might not be able to play in it also, no one wants to see Penn st against Nwestern.
Then abide by the rule$. The B1G is used to 'bad looks'. Changing the rule$ in the middle of the game is a 'bad look' also, IMO. It smacks of greed and hypocrisy.

Which is everything I expect from the B1G.

Ohio State cancelled their game with Illinois.
They get a bye this week.
Northwestern has to play Illinois this week and Ohio State next week.

Ohio State is a damn good team the rules are the rules.

If Ohio State didn’t cancel their Illinois game they would be 6-0.

Ohio State cancelled their game with Illinois.
They get a bye this week.
Northwestern has to play Illinois this week and Ohio State next week.

Ohio State is a damn good team the rules are the rules.

If Ohio State didn’t cancel their Illinois game they would be 6-0.
They would have beat Illinois by 40, they had no choice but to cancel. So you would be ok with a 3-5 Penn st team playing for a big ten title?

They would have beat Illinois by 40, they had no choice but to cancel. So you would be ok with a 3-5 Penn st team playing for a big ten title?
Indiana right now would be the team in the Big Ten title game.
Until they cancel their game next week it wouldn’t have been Penn State.

Ohio State only missed one game when they cancelled Illinois.
They would have beaten Illinois but they didn’t.
If Kevin Warren had a brain he would have offered Northwestern a bye this week to get ready for Ohio State and have Illinois play Ohio State this week to get Ohio State 6 games. Both teams would be prepared for each other since it was just canceled 2 weeks ago.

However the Big Ten is bending backwards to protect Ohio State and giving them an advantage next week.

Indiana right now would be the team in the Big Ten title game.
Until they cancel their game next week it wouldn’t have been Penn State.

Ohio State only missed one game when they cancelled Illinois.
They would have beaten Illinois but they didn’t.
If Kevin Warren had a brain he would have offered Northwestern a bye this week to get ready for Ohio State and have Illinois play Ohio State this week to get Ohio State 6 games. Both teams would be prepared for each other since it was just canceled 2 weeks ago.

However the Big Ten is bending backwards to protect Ohio State and giving them an advantage next week.
Indiana would be the team is they can play next week, I have heard they might not be able to play next week. They might be protecting Osu, they are also protecting against having a team with a losing record in their title game.

I already know the answer to this, but how can a team playing 6 games qualify for a spot in the CFP over a team that's played, let's say 8 games?

I already know the answer to this, but how can a team playing 6 games qualify for a spot in the CFP over a team that's played, let's say 8 games?
This year the rules are basically altered because of the pandemic.

Ohio State is worthy of their spot but they could still be jumped by Florida.

If Florida beats Alabama
Clemson beats Notre Dame
Ohio State beats Northwestern

I think the final rankings are
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida
5. Ohio State.

That is where I think the 6 games screws them.
If Alabama beats Florida then Ohio State is in winning the B1G.

A&M needs Alabama to beat Florida and Notre Dame to beat Clemson.

They won’t jump Ohio State unless the Buckeyes lose.

All the rules are made up this year anyway. Agree that tO$U gets special favors and it's one of my least favorite schools after the Pedos.

That said, I think the playoff will be more interesting and enjoyable with them in it, assuming they beat NW.

The one thing they really shouldn’t do though is set up a potential 3rd Clemson-ND game as a semi. If all goes according to plan they have to split them up.

All the rules are made up this year anyway. Agree that tO$U gets special favors and it's one of my least favorite schools after the Pedos.

That said, I think the playoff will be more interesting and enjoyable with them in it, assuming they beat NW.

The one thing they really shouldn’t do though is set up a potential 3rd Clemson-ND game as a semi. If all goes according to plan they have to split them up.
If Ohio State beats NW
Alabama beats Florida
Clemson beats ND

I think the Final 4 will be
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame.

If Ohio State beats NW
Alabama beats Florida
Clemson beats ND

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame.

Which would be good. Yes, Alabama will probably beat ND pretty good, but I don't think it will be as bad as that championship game. And ND will deserve to be there as a #4.

I know people tire of the same teams, but that's as compelling a final 4 as you can have in a pandemic year.

If ND beats Clemson, Alabama beats Florida, do you have the Bama-aTm rematch in the semis?

If Ohio State beats NW
Alabama beats Florida
Clemson beats ND

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame.
This is how I hope it shakes out too. Don’t want to see Clemson/ND part 3 this year in the CFP. So hoping those 2 teams are able to avoid each other in the semis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom