Big Ten / COVID | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten / COVID

Which would be good. Yes, Alabama will probably beat ND pretty good, but I don't think it will be as bad as that championship game. And ND will deserve to be there as a #4.

I know people tire of the same teams, but that's as compelling a final 4 as you can have in a pandemic year.

If ND beats Clemson, Alabama beats Florida, do you have the Bama-aTm rematch in the semis?
Yes.
If Clemson loses to ND they can’t make the playoffs.
That is A&M’s path in.
You would get
1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Ohio State
4. Texas A&M.

I just hope NW is able to play next week.. even better if OSU has to bail for some reason and NW becomes the champ or is it a no contest?

Maybe it's just me, but I disagree. Follow the rules, and you get in. Don't change the rules midway through the game. If Northwestern were in the same situation (or Indiana for that matter), there is no way they would have changed the rule$.

I guess this is spirit of the rule vs. letter of the law. The fact that OSU would have won the division even if they LOST to Michigan, the fact that they beat Indiana head to head, the fact that they fell one game short of the mandated six and the fact that they had no games canceled due to any fault of their own made this a logical decision.

Of course the fact that the B1G would have lost out at any chance of having a representative in the CFP and all the financial ramifications that would have had nothing at all to do with it.

There goes Rutger’s best chance ever to make Big 10 Championship game. (And yes I know our chances in ACC are about the same right now.)

in a crazy year where leagues are trying to finish a season , changing rules when games are getting cancelled all over makes sense.. The best team should be in there. doesnt help my bets but dont have a problem with it.

same for the ACC

the pac-12 however, where USC was rewarded by cancelling the 1 game that could have kept them out of the title game is different

they really need to be getting the 4 playoff teams into a bubble once the decision is made..

22 players? Clearly player safety is a huge concern. Can’t believe they are still playing.
If they were playing Iowa it’s an issue.
Iowa has closer talent to Ohio State.
Northwestern beat Iowa 21-20 so they earned this spot.
I want Ohio State to lose but this will over halftime.

If they were playing Iowa it’s an issue.
Iowa has closer talent to Ohio State.
Northwestern beat Iowa 21-20 so they earned this spot.
I want Ohio State to lose but this will over halftime.
Ehh, not so fast my friend... I’d love to see Ohio St. get boat raced.

Terrible play call on that reverse pass.

Yeah that's one of those plays where if it works you look like a creative genius and if it doesn't work everyone asks "why would you overcomplicate things and go away from what was working?"

Yeah that's one of those plays where if it works you look like a creative genius and if it doesn't work everyone asks "why would you overcomplicate things and go away from what was working?"
Your running all over them stick to what is working.

N’Western’s a solid, well coached team. This could stay a game.

I can’t stand their jerseys though.

Justin Fields is awful I don't understand why he's considered the 2nd QB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom