Biggest takeaway from presser | Syracusefan.com

Biggest takeaway from presser

Cuse House

All American
JB stated that recruiting was affected by the transition to Hop. Recruits want to play for him... So let's see if he can pull top 10 recruiting classes these next two years.

Why would recruits want to play for Hopkins?

I can play for Coach K or Calipari or Mike Hopkins. hmmm decisions decisions.
Precisely, so my point is there are no more excuses when he doesn't produce better recruits in the next few years.

Did JB say is going to hire someone who has proven recruiting track record? That means outside hire.

Precisely, so my point is there are no more excuses when he doesn't produce better recruits in the next few years.

excuses? who's been using excuses?

when he doesn't produce better recruits? Since 2013 he's had 2 McDonalds All Americans and 4 kids leave early for the pro's. How much better can you get? It might be the best stretch since 88-92

edit; i erroneously counted mccollouugh who was a 5th year kid and not eligible.

Last edited:
might not have lost Quade. You think people aren't negatively recruiting against that?

JB was going to be here for Quade's freshman year. You think Quade was staying longer than that? Quade chose Kentucky because it has more cache with his friends, etc.

I think JB said Mac was the lead recruiter for Sidibe? Don't see many people here giving Gerry credit for that one? Probably ends up being a pretty good get. Dude is a young coach, he will eventually start to bring in better players. Everyone here needs to freaking relax a little bit.

when he doesn't produce better recruits? Since 2013 he's had 2 McDonalds All Americans and 4 kids leave early for the pro's. How much better can you get? It might be the best stretch since 88-92

Don't confuse him with facts.

He's on a roll! (Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

JB was going to be here for Quade's freshman year. You think Quade was staying longer than that? Quade chose Kentucky because it has more cache with his friends, etc.

fine I shouldn't have used those two programs as examples but the main point was that it's pretty easy for ANY school to recruit against the transition to mike hopkins. the guy with no track record and no system. They guy who went 4-5 with a final four team.

Our recruiting has been on a downward spiral for the past 3 years. If you look at the board, the majority of fans are not optimistic about the way things have been handled. The only facts I know are wins and losses, we have not been good there the past three years. Those are facts.

Our recruiting has been on a downward spiral for the past 3 years. If you look at the board, the majority of fans are not optimistic about the way things have been handled. The only facts I know are wins and losses, we have not been good there the past three years. Those are facts.

"the majority of fans are not optimistic about the way things have been handled"

Well, there's proof if I ever heard it.

"the majority of fans are not optimistic about the way things have been handled"

Well, there's proof if I ever heard it.
Haha look at the wins and losses. The proof is in the pudding. Take off your orange glasses for once.

I think JB said Mac was the lead recruiter for Sidibe? Don't see many people here giving Gerry credit for that one? Probably ends up being a pretty good get. Dude is a young coach, he will eventually start to bring in better players. Everyone here needs to freaking relax a little bit.

Nothing against Gerry. But by the time he gets in the recruiting groove, he'll be looking for another job after JB steps down.

Your first mistake is looking at the majority of fans on the board.

The facts are the last 3 years have brought us Tyus Battle, Taurean Thompson, Malachi Richardson, Tyler Lydon, and Chris McCullough. Seems like a pretty good haul to me.

edit: +Kaleb, TBD Frank Howard and TBD Matt Moyer

Nothing against Jerry. But by the time he gets in the recruiting groove, he'll be looking for another job after JB steps down.

Who is Jerry? Whatever you say man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom