Bilas was right about one thing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bilas was right about one thing

We have no back up point guard, no back up shooting guard and no bench; is it really that hard to understand?

he's too worried about turnovers. forget that assist to turnover ratio. i won't think any less of him if he turns it over a little more.
I don't think he worries about turnovers, he just values the ball and possessions more than most point guards. MCW, a high-risk/high reward point guard, was the polar opposite. Both styles can obviously work well.

I'd rather he sit on a fast break than try and thread a pinpoint forward pass that is intercepted and turned over...

Scoop did that A LOT... and got pummeled on this board for it...

Now "Ennis is too conservative" cries the board... wanting cake and to eat too here...
aye yi yi

the optimal number of turnovers is not zero.

he's too worried about turnovers. forget that assist to turnover ratio. i won't think any less of him if he turns it over a little more.

Wonder if taking it to the hoop, not getting calls on drives makes him and Cooney reluctant to take chances if they think they could miss, get fouled, not get the call yet start a fast break the other way with everyone out of position on defense. It's actually happened enough but no way to know if it's actually affected their psyche and judgement. Ennis seems to prefer to take advantage of delayed fast breaks and carving through for a layup when he detects an opponents' defense is unsettled. Maybe he's not confident about his speed to attack on fast breaks or beats himself up too much when a break away isn't converted? He may just hate turnovers and has judged it's too high a risk for too low a reward like you say. It is interesting though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom