Bill Raftery……. | Syracusefan.com

Bill Raftery…….

At the ripe old age of 78, he is STILL the most informative/entertaining college basketball color man in the business!
I was thinking the same thing as I watched the game.

Last night's crew was very good imo. However imo the best ever hoops trio to me was Raf, Bilas and McDonough. Maybe it was because Syracuse was fun to watch during that era and was still part of the Big East.

Imagine a 6 overtime game with some of the crews Cuse fans have seen the last few years in the ACC and being a subpar product from an entertainment aspect. Yikes!

Last night's crew was very good imo. However imo the best ever hoops trio to me was Raf, Bilas and McDonough. Maybe it was because Syracuse was fun to watch during that era and was still part of the Big East.

Imagine a 6 overtime game with some of the crews Cuse fans have seen the last few years in the ACC and being a subpar product from an entertainment aspect. Yikes!
Agree. Best announcing team ever. Wondered why Raf left. Probably money. True chemistry without detracting from the game.

When I was a kid I used to listen to Jim McKechnie doing the Nats games on my little GE clock radio. I thought he controlled what happened in the game. He had to be the all time "homer".

I luv Rafferty. ONIONS
His dad was former Reds manager Bill McKechnie if I remember correctly.

At the ripe old age of 78, he is STILL the most informative/entertaining college basketball color man in the business!

... is reaching the end.

Raf is the best in the business.

No, sorry. I love the guy, but he's lost 10 mph off his fastball these past couple years.

He can't even deliver his signature phrases with confidence and panache. He's about at the end of his road. He's had a terrific career. One of the best story tellers ever,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom