Bill Walton alert | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bill Walton alert

I love Walton.

Dude is hilarious. The acid flashbacks are incredible.

I don't get people who dislike him, how can you not find this entertaining? Not to mention, believe it or not, he knows the game.
Waaaaaay too many Grateful Dead concerts.

Bill Walton is one of the most accurate announcers there is. Can you honestly tell me that Greg Ostertag is not one of the greatest centers in the history of the NBA?

“Memo to Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker: Couldn’t you wait until at least the All-Star break to have the franchise suffer its worse loss in its storied history? Bill Russell just called looking for an address to send his 11 championship rings back to the Celtics because he is so disappointed.”

“Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya.”

bill-walton-excerpt.jpg

Remember the UCLA game where he started talking about Gilbert Arenas crashing on his coach back in his college days when he was at AZ with Luke. You could just tell Bill wanted to come out and say how freakin crazy Gilbert had always been but instead he just painted the picture for you. LOL

What's there to like? He's a self-promoting, arrogant, condescending windbag. He was a pretty good player, but his memory of his past exceeds the reality. Different strokes for different folks, though ...

Eric15 said:
"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!"
love it when he does those! That was the worst pass since dr. Naismith invented the game!

CorduroyG said:
Walton is the best. I'd pay to hear Walton and dickey simpkins call a game.
honestly he and Frazier would be the dream team for me.

Eric15 said:
“Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya.”
My favorite ones are these, when you cannot even figure out the analogy.

I know - I love him to death.

I always say this, but I still think my favorite game he did was a UCLA game when Ben Howland was still there, and 10% of the time he talked about Howland kind of sucking, and a couple times during the game he ranked plays for no reason whatsoever.

"That was the 14th worst pass in the history of UCLA basketball."

"That was 19th worst shot in UCLA basketball history!"

It was so random - but hilarious. The 14th? Why the 19th? He's definitely out of his mind - but funny.
And the crazy part is, in his mind, the 14th and 19th may have been true! :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom