Bills | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bills

These next two games are must wins with San Fran and NE coming up after. Interested in seeing the defense.. I just cant believe that they're that bad.

Yeah, they had a decent amount of hype coming into the year so it will be interesting to see if they have show any progress tomorrow. Although it's hard to imagine they could play worse on D. Although it's the Chiefs, so they should look okay regardless.

What a bizarre day in the NFL but man did the Bills look good. Where was that team last week? Spiller is a monster btw.

What a bizarre day in the NFL but man did the Bills look good. Where was that team last week? Spiller is a monster btw.

No doubt, Spiller is quite a weapon. That was more along the lines of what I was expecting Week 1 - the truth probably falls in the middle I guess.

Sanchez returned to the QB I remember - he did look good early though.

CHARGERS! 2 - 0! Titans are mess on offense.

Nice. Figured the D would be better at home. I'm pretty excited about the OL - could be good for a while if they stay together. Fitz is uhh still Fitz I guess.

Nice. Figured the D would be better at home. I'm pretty excited about the OL - could be good for a while if they stay together. Fitz is uhh still Fitz I guess.
Yea, our defense needs to be the defense we saw today. If it is then we can go to a running game, especially when FJax comes back. On paper the weakest part of our team is the QB and WRs sans Stevie Johnson, yet we throw the ball out of the shotgun 70% of the time.

Good thing we hired Dave Wannstedt so we could play New England in a Base 4-3, Nickel package with no blitzes the entire game while they go on to score 5 TD's in a row after Buffalo took a 21-7 lead.

You would think when a bunch of no-name running backs both run for 7-8 yds a pop and Tom Brady repeatedly throws for 8 yds on first down behind a Logan Mankins-less offensive line, that maybeeeee you might switch things up a bit. A f###ing monkey could have called our defensive plays yesterday.

With the amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball for Buffalo there is NO reason what happened yesterday, should ever happen. Its absurd.

I still can't believe what I witnessed yesterday.

Good thing we hired Dave Wannstedt so we could play New England in a Base 4-3, Nickel package with no blitzes the entire game while they go on to score 5 TD's in a row after Buffalo took a 21-7 lead.

You would think when a bunch of no-name running backs both run for 7-8 yds a pop and Tom Brady repeatedly throws for 8 yds on first down behind a Logan Mankins-less offensive line, that maybeeeee you might switch things up a bit. A f###ing monkey could have called our defensive plays yesterday.

With the amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball for Buffalo there is NO reason what happened yesterday, should ever happen. Its absurd.

The only thing more pitiful than the defensive effort put up by the Bills was the one put up by the entire Jets team.

That was just terrible to watch. Bills offense wasn't great yesterday - QB still makes too many really bad decisions - but the defense was terrible. I think Gillmore will be a very good corner in time, but he can't keep getting run over like he did yesterday to give up that TD.

But you can't win in the NFL if you allow two running backs to go off for more than 100 yards each. That was awful.

That was just terrible to watch. Bills offense wasn't great yesterday - QB still makes too many really bad decisions - but the defense was terrible. I think Gillmore will be a very good corner in time, but he can't keep getting run over like he did yesterday to give up that TD.

But you can't win in the NFL if you allow two running backs to go off for more than 100 yards each. That was awful.
Yup, New England looked the same against the Ravens until the Ravens manned up and started blitzing and using different schemes. Our Def Coordinator just sat back and did nothing. We played 1 true LB in Barnett along with 6 DB's the entire game, thats why NE ran all over us. LB's need to stop the run and wit Sheppard in, we've shut down some serious rb's this year. However, we didnt play him and played Bryan Scott and Searcy at LB and got owned. The scariest thing is that unlike Baltimore (a real coaching staff) we NEVER changed. We have talent on both sides of the ball...we lack coaching and a QB.

The only thing more pitiful than the defensive effort put up by the Bills was the one put up by the entire Jets team.

Do the Jets have an NFL quarterback on their roster - tough to win in this league w/out one.

Do the Jets have an NFL quarterback on their roster - tough to win in this league w/out one.

Would not matter if they did as they quite possibly have the worst collection of wide outs and running backs in the league. I don't think Sanchez is the next coming of Montana but man they have surrounded the guy with garbage.

If Santonio Holmes is out for any amount of time then yikes. At least their 2-0 in the division, Buffalo still hasn't figured out how to win in the AFC East.

Would not matter if they did as they quite possibly have the worst collection of wide outs and running backs in the league. I don't think Sanchez is the next coming of Montana but man they have surrounded the guy with garbage.

Fair point - they do have garbage WR's and Shonn Greene is terrible.

Meh. I thought we wrote big checks to Mario/Kyle/Anderson precisely so we wouldn't have to roll the dice blitzing. I put the blame squarely on those guys. Nickel defense or not, they should dominate an already pedestrian OL even before they were missing their best player. To not only not win those matchups but get destroyed is pathetic. Nobody watching the tape is saying Mario was doubled a lot. At some point Dareus needs to play like a #3 overall pick too, preferably real soon as DT is typically not a big learning curve.

Fair point - they do have garbage WR's and Shonn Greene is terrible.

They don't have good WR but Sanchez isn't throwing passes anywhere close to them

While I agree he has gotten too much blame lately, he also got too much credit for being "a winner" while surrounded by an elite OL/running game/defense his first two years. We've never really seen him with a "normal" supporting cast but I just don't see him as a starting QB. Didn't think he was even that great in college; USC was a predominantly defensive team when he was there.

Fitzpatrick is just turrible. Every time someone has his man beat down the sidelines he throws the pass out of bounds. Saw him do it a couple times last week too.

Yes he is. He's also pretty lucky a historically pathetic defense is going to steal the headlines. But yah it's pretty obvious you can't win with a guy at that position who, well, plays like a 7th round pick from Harvard.

Ladies & Gentlemen, your 1st place Buffalo Bills!

Really sorta didn't deserve to win that game, but oh well.

Ladies & Gentlemen, your 1st place Buffalo Bills!

Really sorta didn't deserve to win that game, but oh well.
Eh, keep in mind Carrington did tip the final kick and AZ did need a ridiculous 61 yd FG to tie it in the first place.

Things I took from his game:

Even though we won it couldnt have put a more glaring spotlight on our issues if you tried.. We are a QB and better coaching away from being a playoff team.

Gailey made some of the weirdest playcalls I have ever seen and still doesnt seem to realize our best player is Spiller and second best is FJax...who are Running Backs, maybe we should oh I dont know, run the ball more? I will say this though, Fitz makes Gailey's playcalling look worse than it is, but Fitz is their guy so its still on them.

Fitztragic, are you f&^^%ing kidding me? You are not an NFL starting QB. We dont ever throw deep because it just ends up being a 50/50 jump ball no matter how many steps TJ Graham, Stevie or D Jones have their man beat. Now Fitz is incapable of making normal slants and outs. Missed a wide open Stevie multiple times and you could see Stevie getting visibly frustrated and that pass to FJax which would have gotten us he first down late in the game, that was thrown 10 feet away from his wide open a$$ was completely unacceptable.

Spiller is ridiculous and should be our main RB with FJax as his compliment.

Mario played like a freak, oh my goodness. Dude finally lived up to the hype. Can we please see more of that Mario?

Kyle Moore: DE from USC, why was he not active until this week? Guy was lights out, when Mark Anderson comes back we need to completely emulate the Giants defense with 4 DE's rotated in. Mario/Anderson/Moore/Kelsay. Btw, Kelsay was solid. Williams/Dareus played well. I know AZ o-line sucks but hopefully it gives our guys who clearly have talent some confidence.

LB's were eh, I do like giving physical freak Nigel Bradham the start, at least with him, Sheppard and Barnett we have some heavy hitters at LB.

Secondary: Gilmore is looking like the real deal. McKelvin is slowly turning into a solid player, especially with his value as return man. Byrd is one of the best safeties in the league, need to lock him up after this year.

Good win, 3-3 put us in the playoffs at the moment. We get the Titans at home, then bye week before Texans/Pats...then after that we have possibly the easiest schedule in th NFL. Buffalo still has a chance but its hard to get excited with Fitzpatrick's play at QB.

Oh I'm not saying the Cardinals deserved to win either. The last few minutes were just hilariously bad. Consider:
1. The wildcat pass (forgetting about the call which was questionable enough, how are there 2 wr's in the same proximity? What kind of design is that)?
2. Giving up on any chance of a game-winning drive in regulation on 2nd&16 when AZ had their full compliment of time outs (this is honestly defensible given the limitations of the qb but that's a huge problem in itself).
2. Fitz throwing into the dirt & missing a wide open FJax in OT from AZ's 35 when they need just a few yards for FG range.
3. Punting on the 35 on the next play.
4. Ruvell Martin whose only place on the roster is to play special teams, not being able to make a simple play downing the ball on the punt.

That they overcame all of this is all because of Spiller, Byrd, and the Cardinals futility. Calling their OL bad is an understatement. That's the worst team in protection I've seen since Spurrier's Redskins. We'll see when Mario & the DL shows up vs a real team. Their 3rd string RB still ran it pretty effectively. It was good to see a guy like Moore play that well vs anybody, yah.

IMO the Bills should make a trade for Matt Flynn. Seattle got him from GB to start for them before Russell Wilson appeared out of nowhere... and he's a very 'Buffalo' kind of QB. They would love him there. AND Flynn showed he can be a stud in cold weather. I mean, c'mon! "Flynn Flakes". It works.

IMO the Bills should make a trade for Matt Flynn. Seattle got him from GB to start for them before Russell Wilson appeared out of nowhere... and he's a very 'Buffalo' kind of QB. They would love him there. AND Flynn showed he can be a stud in cold weather. I mean, c'mon! "Flynn Flakes". It works.

It wouldn't be the worst thing they ever did. I know some people are afraid to gamble on a small sample of success based on Rob Johnson or Kevin Kolb. But then there's also Matt Schaub - it'd have been nice if we took a chance on him 5yrs ago. Plus there aren't many alternatives if they're not going to get a high enough pick to get Geno Smith.

longislandcuse how are you a bills fan? long island aint exactly buffalo bills country haha. im in queens, die hard dolphin fan cuz of marino. one of the earliest games i remember watching as a dolphin fan was the bills-dolphins playoff game in the snow in 1990.

longislandcuse how are you a bills fan? long island aint exactly buffalo bills country haha. im in queens, die hard dolphin fan cuz of marino. one of the earliest games i remember watching as a dolphin fan was the bills-dolphins playoff game in the snow in 1990.
Grew up in Cuse, moved down here about 12 years ago. All my teams are a result of my childhood. Cuse/Bills/Yankees/Knicks. Lucky for me they all play in the metro area at least once a year with the Yankees and Knicks obviously located here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom