Bills | Syracusefan.com

Bills

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Are there any Bills fans like me that just want to cry right now? All that money spent for this crap? I don't know what we did to the sports gods but it must have been something awful.

Unreal. Fitz has got to go, I think hes out but can we start chants for Tavaris Jackson yet? The defense...just wow...really!? No words to describe how bad our defense was.

I thought it was a fun game to watch.

Sincerely,
Chargers Fan

I had the Bills for my defense in Fantasy today. They got me -2 points.

Are there any Bills fans like me that just want to cry right now? All that money spent for this crap? I don't know what we did to the sports gods but it must have been something awful.

You benched Flutie in a playoff game for Rob Freakin' Johnson.

You want no part of Tavaris Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year's QB played in that stadium this weekend, just a day before the Bills did.

Wannstedt is quite the defensive genius...all it takes is a quick passing game to completely blow up his gameplan, if he even had one.

It's painful to watch hopefully they can rebound against the Cheifs and Browns. Also Fred Jackson is out for a month according to ESPN's source. Hopefully Spiller will keep improving that's all I have to look forward to at this point. On a side note did anyone else thing Landry's extended elbow hit was dirty?

It's painful to watch hopefully they can rebound against the Cheifs and Browns. Also Fred Jackson is out for a month according to ESPN's source. Hopefully Spiller will keep improving that's all I have to look forward to at this point. On a side note did anyone else thing Landry's extended elbow hit was dirty?

SPILLER! I picked up Tate and Spiller just in case, and Spiller's value just skyrocketed for the Jackson owner - the hit seemed clean to me!

Honestly if the Bills can regroup and throw out that Game 1, stay afloat for 4 or 5 games until FJax comes back, I think we're more than ok with Spiller. CJ is ready to blow up this year, he started showing it late last year and picked up where he left off. As good as FJax is, CJ is better so we'll be ok there. The thing that kills us is the David Nelson torn ACL and the fact that our offense is built on passing when we have two dynamic running backs, an EXTREMELY poor man's Brett Favre, and a depleted WR squad which every fan knew was thin to begin the season and has once again proven that in Buffalo's case, the fans are smarter than the Front Office. Chan Gailey has basically said we won't sign a wr who doesnt know the system so I guess we go with Marcus Easley off the practice squad? Team is a joke.

Honestly if the Bills can regroup and throw out that Game 1, stay afloat for 4 or 5 games until FJax comes back, I think we're more than ok with Spiller. CJ is ready to blow up this year, he started showing it late last year and picked up where he left off. As good as FJax is, CJ is better so we'll be ok there. The thing that kills us is the David Nelson torn ACL and the fact that our offense is built on passing when we have two dynamic running backs, an EXTREMELY poor man's Brett Favre, and a depleted WR squad which every fan knew was thin to begin the season and has once again proven that in Buffalo's case, the fans are smarter than the Front Office. Chan Gailey has basically said we won't sign a wr who doesnt know the system so I guess we go with Marcus Easley off the practice squad? Team is a joke.

I don't interact with a ton of Bills fan, but the one guy that roots for them was in love with Fitzpatrick, and I got the impression all the Bills fans loved him in spite of the fact he always had the look of a super-awesome gutsy gunslinging back-up. Is the tide just turning on him now or was he never as popular as I imagined in Bills land?

I don't interact with a ton of Bills fan, but the one guy that roots for them was in love with Fitzpatrick, and I got the impression all the Bills fans loved him in spite of the fact he always had the look of a super-awesome gutsy gunslinging back-up. Is the tide just turning on him now or was he never as popular as I imagined in Bills land?
Both. He definately had alot of supporters but his tendency to throw horrible picks as well as having a limited arm always made people hesitant. He can be very good, but like we saw on Sunday he's also capable of losing the game in the 1st quarter or at any time for that matter.

Despite his picks in this game I don't think Fitzpatrick is the problem. The Jets are a terrible offensive team and the Bills defense let them hang 40+. Mario Williams was an absolute no show.

Despite his picks in this game I don't think Fitzpatrick is the problem. The Jets are a terrible offensive team and the Bills defense let them hang 40+. Mario Williams was an absolute no show.
It was a terrible game all around but the defense did get a pick on the first drive, in which Fitz promptly gave it back at midfield. Then threw another pick on the second drive, then should have thrown a third pick on the third drive which resulted in a 3 and out, punt return for a TD 21-0 Jets.

The defense was obviously a joke. The Jets went to a quick passing game so we got no pressure with our front 4 and the db's and safeties played about 10 yds back. Absurd gameplan with no adjustments by Wannstadt.

You should change "in spite of" to "because". His personality and underdog story is perfect for Buffalo, which gave him some slack with a lot of fans. A lot of his apologists blamed last year's Giants loss on the playcalling when he underthrew Stevie on a TD in a tie game w/ 4 minutes left, because apparently we should've taken the sure 3 points and put our steel curtain defense on the field to protect a 3pt lead vs Eli Manning with 3 minutes left. :crazy: Obviously those sort of nonsensical excuses are going to stop if he continues to play like he did Sunday.

It's painful to watch hopefully they can rebound against the Cheifs and Browns.

This is sorta how I look at it. 0-1 is 0-1 whether you lose by 1 or 30. So there's that...
On the other hand they better win both games because they have NE & SF after that.

We've started 5-1 and done nothing. Let's get this one out of our system. Fitz played awful. Threw the ball right to the Jet's DBs. I liked Ryan's postgame presser though. Took a ton of responsibility for the mistakes and looked eager to get to the film and correct it. The defense playing that bad was an anomaly for me. We have too many good athletes to hang that many points to the Jets. I still think the Bills finish ahead of NY in the AFC East.

Nice to see Kaeding winning my fantasy game. He must know it's not January yet.

Maybe my least favorite Charger ever.

Marlon McRee gets honorable mention for the 2006 Patriots game we had won until he decided to try to return an interception and then subsequently fumbled the ball back to the Pats thereby snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I remember that. Too bad Rivers wasn't a bit more seasoned, 'cause they dominated the line of scrimmage that game. Some balls A.J. Smith had firing Marty when they probably would've won it all that year had they kept Brees as he wanted to.

I remember that. Too bad Rivers wasn't a bit more seasoned, 'cause they dominated the line of scrimmage that game. Some balls A.J. Smith had firing Marty when they probably would've won it all that year had they kept Brees as he wanted to.

Eh, I'm no AJ Smith fan either. His tenure has been a little up and down and he seems to leave the same weaknesses on the roster year after year. I wanted them to keep Brees pretty badly, he was my second favorite player after LT, but Rivers worked out well enough. Although his decision making last year was horrendous.

Hopefully he rebounds - nice enough start yesterday. Not great, but no stupid interceptions like when he was trying to throw the ball out of bounds against the Giants last year and didn't make it all the way to the sideline. Ugh.....

Yah I'm not saying it was a terrible mistake. I like Rivers too and obv. you'd rather have him now 'cause he should have quite a few more good years left than Brees. I'm not even saying I wouldn't have done the same thing at the time after Brees hurt his shoulder. I'm just saying when you have a highly publicized dispute w/ your coach like that, and you fire him after your victory in the power struggle arguably costs you a championship (not really a knock on Rivers, just so happened he was a 1st yr starter when the team was at its peak), it leaves some egg on your face.

I think CJ has 150 rushingand another 50 in receptions this week I am starting to get myself pumped back up

These next two games are must wins with San Fran and NE coming up after. Interested in seeing the defense.. I just cant believe that they're that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom