BJ is in the "MELO" if your looking for him. | Syracusefan.com

BJ is in the "MELO" if your looking for him.

OGBJ20

Starter
FYI-Got some updates on BJ 1st practices and they were good. Coach AA stated that if BJ made a 2-3more shots that he would have been the best player in the first two practices. He is in the MELO as I type.:mad: Where? "In the MELO" BJ stated that JB said that "he was doing well and to keep it up. He should also get up around 600 shots in a practice/workout daily." AA "he is playing both 2-3 but he excels at the 2 because he can get out on the wing and attack. BJ has a better handle than the guards at this point. He is able to handle and does not back down when attacking. He just needs to keep shooting to get adjusted to the speed of the game while playing with poise. He is going to be a 2 at this point. He is able to play defense effectively especially at the 2 at this point. He knows the assignments at both the 2 and 3 but the physicality at the 3 shows at this point down low. But he does not BACK DOWN from the contact." This trip will be a great chance for BJ in terms of earning playing time dawn the road. I won't be able to make the Canada trip but hopefully I will be able to see the games on cable. I would like to know if anyone is planning to watch the games anywhere in the Philly area?
SUpic2.jpg

Philly!
Awesome news about BJ. I really think he's going to be a menace if he plays the 2 this year.
Scary to have guys like BJ, Buss and possibly MikeG playing at the top of the 2-3. And about his handle, very encouraging! We need guys who can handle the ball this year, and I know that at least 2-3 of the freshmen have to step up.

Thanks for the great news, B0bby. I wish I could make it to Philly, but hope to see you up at the Cuse some time this season.

Philly!
Awesome news about BJ. I really think he's going to be a menace if he plays the 2 this year.
Scary to have guys like BJ, Buss and possibly MikeG playing at the top of the 2-3. And about his handle, very encouraging! We need guys who can handle the ball this year, and I know that at least 2-3 of the freshmen have to step up.

Thanks for the great news, B0bby. I wish I could make it to Philly, but hope to see you up at the Cuse some time this season.
I will definitely be up at the Cuse and along the coast for the games to see my SU team/fam. Do you know if the Canada games will be shown outside of the NJ/NY area?

I will definitely be up at the Cuse and along the coast for the games to see my SU team/fam. Do you know if the Canada games will be shown outside of the NJ/NY area?
Time Warner for now, but it looks like Fios might be picking it up. So, if you've got a decent sports bar or two, you might be ok.
But I'm guessing we will get this streaming on a pc. Keep a look out in the next few days, but normal places that will show this streaming are:
http://firstrowus1.eu/ (careful, don't click anywhere in the window)
espn3
http://www.twcs.tv/sportstream/
http://www.twcs.tv/

There's another one, but will find before the games.

Time Warner for now, but it looks like Fios might be picking it up. So, if you've got a decent sports bar or two, you might be ok.
But I'm guessing we will get this streaming on a pc. Keep a look out in the next few days, but normal places that will show this streaming are:
espn3

Ok cool, thanks Tee.

I am counting on SUAthletics dot com streaming these games but they haven't said yay or nay to that yet.

espn3

If you use First Row, make sure you have some sort of powerful ad blocker turned on. If you do, you should be all set. I use adblock for Chrome and watch through there and have had no problems (knock on wood).

"BJ a better handler than the guards" I don't know if that is a positive or not. Good for BJ, maybe not good for our guards. I have seen several videos of Ennis, he is pretty slick with the ball so we'll see. Ennis doesn't wow you with his athleticism but he is a smooth and efficient player who makes a lot of good decisions. Now, can he do it against bigger and more athletic players? He's playing the toughest position on the floor for a freshman.

"BJ a better handler than the guards" I don't know if that is a positive or not. Good for BJ, maybe not good for our guards. I have seen several videos of Ennis, he is pretty slick with the ball so we'll see. Ennis doesn't wow you with his athleticism but he is a smooth and efficient player who makes a lot of good decisions. Now, can he do it against bigger and more athletic players? He's playing the toughest position on the floor for a freshman.
Now are your questioning the coaches comments?;) I'm all the way in PA and that is what I got from the staff who happened to be a great point guard at SU. As I stated in the beginning of all this posting that BJ was able to handle the rock because he had guard skills. That just gives BJ another chance to be on the floor to help the team be successful when called upon.

I am so glad BJ is in "the MELO!" But if I know Coach Boeheim - and I don't - there may be some times your freshman son will be in "the JELLO." You know, a little wobbly, questioning coaches decisions, questioning himself, feeling impatient. There have been very few freshmen here who haven't been in the JELLO at one time or another, except perhaps Carmello and Gerry. Good luck to BJ!

I am so glad BJ is in "the MELO!" But if I know Coach Boeheim - and I don't - there may be some times your freshman son will be in "the JELLO." You know, a little wobbly, questioning coaches decisions, questioning himself, feeling impatient. There have been very few freshmen here who haven't been in the JELLO at one time or another, except perhaps Carmello and Gerry. Good luck to BJ!
That's how it goes sometimes in this game. There are always tests to pass and obstacles to deal with if BJ is going to be the best he can be. He knows that and is up for the challenge on a daily basis.

I am counting on SUAthletics dot com streaming these games but they haven't said yay or nay to that yet.

I have to do this or the TW feed if its free like they were last year for the exhibitions.
I am only about an hour from Philly but I have way to much going on to travel and watch unfortunitally and I'll miss the Saturday game either way.

Nice to know we have Kobes Identical twin coming out of lower marion.
:D

Its amazing how well he hid the ball handling as a senior and broke it out in the summer. Never seen anything like it. How did he hold back on all that temptation?

I think our freshmen class compares with Kentucky easily. It might not have as much one and done but the NBA potential can actually be higher. If you really need a reason just look at how they pull up off the dribble. Both tylers have dropped 50 point games recently and BJ was hiding his skills all year as a spot up perimeter forward, and Ron was nepsac player of the year last year.

The multidimentionality of this freshmen classes 4 perimeter players is through the roof. All of them. KJo, Triche and Southerland will be jealous in the longrun and thats a good thing.

Nice to know we have Kobes Identical twin coming out of lower marion.
:D

Its amazing how well he hid the ball handling as a senior and broke it out in the summer. Never seen anything like it. How did he hold back on all that temptation?

I think our freshmen class compares with Kentucky easily. It might not have as much one and done but the NBA potential can actually be higher. If you really need a reason just look at how they pull up off the dribble. Both tylers have dropped 50 point games recently and BJ was hiding his skills all year as a spot up perimeter forward, and Ron was nepsac player of the year last year.

The multidimentionality of this freshmen classes 4 perimeter players is through the roof. All of them. KJo, Triche and Southerland will be jealous in the longrun and thats a good thing.
I don't know about being Kobe's twin but he was the next best thing to him at LM that they had there other then Kobe. As for the ball handling, he always has be able to handle but some of their sets did not require him to have to dribble a lot but was very capable. His videos doesn't do him justice in displaying his overall talents as a player. But with that being said he is going to make the most of it as a SU player. Hop quoted, "BJ is doing well. I love him. He is going to be a great player here."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom