BJ Johnson is Orange | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson is Orange

Not that this matters at all, but BJ Johnson just sounds like a good name for a basketball player.

proxy.jpg

@LM_AC35
I'm an Orange! #blessed http://instagr.am/p/Q2tzeDq93l/

"Autry recruited me," the athletic wing said. "Basically he talked about the opportunity for playing time could be open depending on some of the decisions of the players who might leave early. Autry's great. We talk about every other day if not every day.

- http://syracuse.sc out.com/2/1230480.html

Dave Telep@DaveTelep
One of my outside the T-100 favorites, BJ Johnson, picked Syracuse. Watch him closely. Young SR, mucho upside.

Glad Telep likes him. Can't remember the last time we took two kids outside the top 100 though. Do any recruiting gurus have any idea how excited the staff is about BJ? Do they think they got a steal or a solid plan B type?

It seems like 2014 would be the class to load up on, but based on Jake's insight it looks like we're going big with 2013. Makes me think the staff is expecting a bunch of departures.

Glad Telep likes him. Can't remember the last time we took two kids outside the top 100 though. Do any recruiting gurus have any idea how excited the staff is about BJ? Do they think they got a steal or a solid plan B type?

It seems like 2014 would be the class to load up on, but based on Jake's insight it looks like we're going big with 2013. Makes me think the staff is expecting a bunch of departures.
I think the staff is building a solid foundation for the next few years, while they pursue the more highly ranked players that will help for the next year or two. These guys are high priority for many teams that we play, but we are taking them as "program players", that is a testament to where the Syracuse basketball program is right now.

From all indications, Johnson is going to be a very good get; he is a rising 3 and it appears other schools did not realize he was a 16 year old...nearly 1-2 years younger than his competition...that year to 2 provides him solid growth..not only in height but also ability to mature...I would say he is going to be a steal (believe they may red shirt him year one as he needs to gain strength and weight...maybe one of the best SF shooters we have had in a while (remember Texas expected a visit next week)

From all indications, Johnson is going to be a very good get; he is a rising 3 and it appears other schools did not realize he was a 16 year old...nearly 1-2 years younger than his competition...that year to 2 provides him solid growth..not only in height but also ability to mature...I would say he is going to be a steal (believe they may red shirt him year one as he needs to gain strength and weight...maybe one of the best SF shooters we have had in a while (remember Texas expected a visit next week)
I thought Obokoh was the recruit scheduled to visit Texas... Lots of upside with both kids, good gets.

Who knows, maybe he grows into a Quincy Miller-type

from all accounts staff loves johnson.. not a plan b by any means.. big upside as others have said..by end of senior year id be floored if he isnt in the 50-75 range

seems like JB and co. have decided to target the really solid players (but still very talented), who aren't in the crosshairs of WWW and other scum, who can possibly contribute right away, but who are guaranteed to stay at least two years—for program stability and chemistry.
Of course I want another banner as badly as anyone else, and of course I'd take a Noel or Parker in a heartbeat, but I am glad SU is recruiting this way and not trying to go toe to toe with the Kentuckys of the world.
As Warrick, Pace, Arinze, etc. have shown us— "bird in the hand" or "plan B" players can be tremendous talents for the program.

seems like JB and co. have decided to target the really solid players (but still very talented), who aren't in the crosshairs of WWW and other scum, who can possibly contribute right away, but who are guaranteed to stay at least two years—for program stability and chemistry.
Of course I want another banner as badly as anyone else, and of course I'd take a Noel or Parker in a heartbeat, but I am glad SU is recruiting this way and not trying to go toe to toe with the Kentuckys of the world.
As Warrick, Pace, Arinze, etc. have shown us— "bird in the hand" or "plan B" players can be tremendous talents for the program.

I agree... However, as was evidenced last year, a team comprised of supremely talented freshman can win it all. That said, I think we need to target those top 10 talents for as long as possible before deferring to a B list kid. I'm saying that without implying in the least that BJ or Chino were B listers for us. I think we can go toe to toe with Kentucky and win some. A kid like Wiggins could have a Carmelo like result for us, might as well play ball and surround him with Warricks and Paces...

Isn't Lower Meridian the school that produced Kobe? Or am I confusing high school programs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom