BJ Johnson | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Wingspan is something thsat Jimmy wisely pursued. Its not necessarily an attribute of height alone. When young and bipedeled my inseamwas only about 33". About the same for sleeve length making big and tall dress shirts a must. Now the emphasis is on "big".

With BJ and his progressing length along with with his skill set, he will be great in the SU skeem of things.

I am beginning to suspect that BJ could step right into the vacated roll of Southerland next season. A wing shooter/scorer off the bench to spark the team and play a lot of minutes. He is obviously more than just a shooter coming in which Southerland was not and took quite a few seasons to develop those other aspects. I think BJ could be ready for that roll season one especially the way JB has gone to keeping a dangerous scorer on the bench to bring in some punch early in the first half.

I am beginning to suspect that BJ could step right into the vacated roll of Southerland next season. A wing shooter/scorer off the bench to spark the team and play a lot of minutes. He is obviously more than just a shooter coming in which Southerland was not and took quite a few seasons to develop those other aspects. I think BJ could be ready for that roll season one especially the way JB has gone to keeping a dangerous scorer on the bench to bring in some punch early in the first half.

That's is the plan as we will continue to do everything possible in the way of being prepared for the college experience on and off the court and in the classroom. We believe that BJ will be able to fill some sort of role next season. He continues to mature at a alarming rate.

And turn the hose on them! Got to do it in your robe and slippers. Careful thought, any of the filth that you wash off might kill the grass.
Good Sir I am aware of that, we are talking about Cal and you and I both know that rules never stop him. :)

OGBJ20, loving the updates thanks, one question I would like to ask inspired by all the turmoil on the football side is how a JB retirement annoucement would affect our BBall recruits in light of the fact that Hop is annointed the new coach and this is well known. I don't see JB retiring soon so am not worried about it but from a commit/parent point of view at SU do you think a bunch of mass decommits would happen or are commits just as comfortable with Hop moving forward? Again I think our Bball program is doing it right just wanted to hear your "theoretical" thoughts!

OGBJ20, loving the updates thanks, one question I would like to ask inspired by all the turmoil on the football side is how a JB retirement annoucement would affect our BBall recruits in light of the fact that Hop is annointed the new coach and this is well known. I don't see JB retiring soon so am not worried about it but from a commit/parent point of view at SU do you think a bunch of mass decommits would happen or are commits just as comfortable with Hop moving forward? Again I think our Bball program is doing it right just wanted to hear your "theoretical" thoughts!

We have no issues with Hop if he was to take over the reign in the future.

The Aces take on league foe Sprinfield tonight at 730. Should be an easy one. They play nationally ranked Bishop O'Connell on Friday in Erie, PA at 7pm. on Saturday TBA Erie Cathedral Prep/Imhotep of Phila. I hope to make the trip because this is the last of the competitive contests until the playoffs start. Let's BJ/Aces!!!

The Aces take on league foe Sprinfield tonight at 730. Should be an easy one. They play nationally ranked Bishop O'Connell on Friday in Erie, PA at 7pm. on Saturday TBA Erie Cathedral Prep/Imhotep of Phila. I hope to make the trip because this is the last of the competitive contests until the playoffs start. Let's BJ/Aces!!!
Rooting for BJ and the Aces. Go get em.
:)

Mr. Johnson,
Do you know if Yohanny Dalembert is related to Samuel Dalembert? I know Dalembert played many years with the Sixers.

Can someone say Road Trip. Mr. and Mrs. OG Bobby Johnson will be making the trip to Erie on Friday to watch the ACES win the Burger King Classic over the weekend. Should be a good tournament as the boys pull out tomorrow afternoon. Let's go ACES/ORANGE as they take down the L'ville on Saturday.

Can someone say Road Trip. Mr. and Mrs. OG Bobby Johnson will be making the trip to Erie on Friday to watch the ACES win the Burger King Classic over the weekend. Should be a good tournament as the boys pull out tomorrow afternoon. Let's go ACES/ORANGE as they take down the L'ville on Saturday.

Way to many pages in this thread to read to see if it's been mentioned but was a huge fan of OG Bobby Johnson when South Central came out when I was in high school. Love the reference Mr. Johnson! Best of luck to Lower Merion and BJ this weekend. Safe travels

Way to many pages in this thread to read to see if it's been mentioned but was a huge fan of OG Bobby Johnson when South Central came out when I was in high school. Love the reference Mr. Johnson! Best of luck to Lower Merion and BJ this weekend. Safe travels

Thanks, that's the name they gave me.:) P.S. I'm from South Philly.:)

E-A-G-L-E-S!

All aboard the ChipShip!

(Sorry, I had to)

BJ leads ACES over #15 Bishop O'Connell 56-52 scoring 22pts, 3rebs. 10-14ft. Played excellent perimeter defense as he guarded the point on the other team and in the zone. Plays the winner of Imhotep/ECprep in Chip tomorrow. Let's go Aces/Orange.
These guys (Bishop O'Connell) were ranked just outside of top 25 at 26, and BJ, Aces took em. Congrats, must feel great!

These guys (Bishop O'Connell) were ranked just outside of top 25 at 26, and BJ, Aces took em. Congrats, must feel great!

Although BJ did not shoot the ball particularly well 6-16fg. They were able to convert ft and apply defensive pressure to overcome a 8pt deficit. It feels great indeed. The Aces have played and beat some good teams at this point.

BJ leads ACES over #15 Bishop O'Connell 56-52 scoring 22pts, 3rebs. 10-14ft. Played excellent perimeter defense as he guarded the point on the other team and in the zone. Plays the winner of Imhotep/ECprep in Chip tomorrow. Let's go Aces/Orange.
Nice! winning.gifI know BOC's top 50 2014 PG Melo Trimble is no joke. Congrats to BJ and the Aces. BJ vs Brandon Austin tomorrow sounds really really good.

Although BJ did not shoot the ball particularly well 6-16fg. They were able to convert ft and apply defensive pressure to overcome a 8pt deficit. It feels great indeed. The Aces have played and beat some good teams at this point.
Hey in that case, even though JB, BJ and you already knew this, BJ's going to fit in well at the Cuse. Most of our wins seem this way, defense, toughness. What do you think about Brandon Austin, one time SU prospect that plays for Imhotep? I have seen clips, and it looks like BJ has the better overall game, defense, rebounding, outside shooting (by a good deal in this one), but does Austin have that great handle? Not sure if you've seen him play, but just curious. I like his dribble for a big guy.

Nice!View attachment 2015I know BOC's top 50 2014 PG Melo Trimble is no joke. Congrats to BJ and the Aces. BJ vs Brandon Austin tomorrow sounds really really good.[/quote

Played a box in one on him at times which seemed to confuse them often. Also did a lot of running and jumping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom