BJ Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Wow, I already loved BJ's game from what I saw. Now this info from as close a source as you can get has me even more excited. I think the mid range game off the bounce that he displayed is a huge difference maker for any wing or guard type player in college. Few can do that on a rgular basis.

OGBJ20 thanks so much for the info and tell BJ thanks so much for picking SU!

It would appear that he has some ground to make up with regard to becoming a McDonald's All American, but it is great that is his goal, and certainly all hope he achieves it, but even if he doesn't, he can use that as fuel to get better in college and beat all those that did make the all american team.
Sound like we have a really nice problem to have next year. And by problem of course, I mean NC.

Love the updates from Mr. Johnson. Can't wait to get B.J. On Campus!

It would appear that he has some ground to make up with regard to becoming a McDonald's All American, but it is great that is his goal, and certainly all hope he achieves it, but even if he doesn't, he can use that as fuel to get better in college and beat all those that did make the all american team.

Yes that is true but attainable and I think you will have to open to gates to campus next year. I believe that they will be knocked off the hinges but there is something called high school that falls in this process.

Sound like we have a really nice problem to have next year. And by problem of course, I mean NC.
With all our blessings, it is going to be very exciting and impressive to see all that talent and ability on the floor in the next coming years!

Love the updates from Mr. Johnson. Can't wait to get B.J. On Campus!

Until recently, The last time I was on the Cuse Campus at the Dome was in 88-89 my junior year at LaSalle. First game in the Pre Season NIT again DC, BO, SD, MR and some kid named Thompson who did not miss a three pointer, I on the other hand made my first and the last shot I took. We were handed the worst lost in my college career. It would be great to cheer for the Orange.

Point forward?????

tobias-harris-getty.jpg

With his skill set any position is possible. He can play the game.

With his skill set anything position is possible. He can play the game.
That is awesome, a kid with his size (and still growing) and a basketball IQ to go with it compliments all the players on the floor. At this point, he probably has a hard time gaining weight, would that be accurate? Is he actively trying to gain some weight, or is it not wise during the season to try to gain weight.

That is awesome, a kid with his size (and still growing) and a basketball IQ to go with it compliments all the players on the floor. At this point, he probably has a hard time gaining weight, would that be accurate? Is he actively trying to gain some weight, or is it not wise during the season to try to gain weight.

No he does not have a problem gaining weight. He will be around average for his size. It is not so much of him gaining a tremendous amount of weight as it is for him to continue to get stronger in which his body will gain weight in muscle as well.

No he does not have a problem gaining weight. He will be around average for his size. It is not so much of him gaining a tremendous amount of weight as it is for him to continue to get stronger in which his body will gain weight in muscle as well.
Yeah, it is good that he can put on weight. Of course, it should be good weight. I just remember when I was his age, I couldn't keep weight on.

Yeah, it is good that he can put on weight. Of course, it should be good weight. I just remember when I was his age, I couldn't keep weight on.

Although people are bigger these days, I remember being 165pds as a College Senior at the age of 21. But I had above average strength to play at an elite level. He is much bigger than I was. Sheesh.

Although people are bigger these days, I remember being 165pds as a College Senior at the age of 21. But I had above average strength to play at an elite level. He is much bigger than I was. Sheesh.
Yeah, I watch some old games from 15-20 years ago and players were much leaner. Does he mix it up for rebounds?

He is an excellent rebounder on the defensive and offensive glass.

The CUSE have always relied on lean and mean with skills instead of oversized guys who can't move.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ntay-Caruthers-leads-East-High-victory-opener
Dontay Caruthers, had to look him up. Listed at 6'1 in 2014, and is averaging 32ppg in 3 games so far.

Caruthers was being courted by BK this past Spring. I was suprised he didn't go there. East High/Canisius Alum Darrel Barley is the head coach and he was quoted earlier this year that Caruthers is going to score a ton this season. Might have been the card played to keep him playing for the Orientals. I don't think he is on Cuse's "B" list let alone "A" list to be honest.

Caruthers was being courted by BK this past Spring. I was suprised he didn't go there. East High/Canisius Alum Darrel Barley is the head coach and he was quoted earlier this year that Caruthers is going to score a ton this season. Might have been the card played to keep him playing for the Orientals. I don't think he is on Cuse's "B" list let alone "A" list to be honest.
Thanks for the info as always Stumpy. Caruthers sounds like an undersized 2G, probably a D1 talent but not a fit for SU right?

Until recently, The last time I was on the Cuse Campus at the Dome was in 88-89 my junior year at LaSalle. First game in the Pre Season NIT again DC, BO, SD, MR and some kid named Thompson who did not miss a three pointer, I on the other hand made my first and the last shot I took. We were handed the worst lost in my college career. It would be great to cheer for the Orange.

I looked this game up. It took place on November 18, 1988. Syracuse 92 LaSalle 76.

Very cool.

Am I to assume you are Bob Johnson, the 6'4" guard who averaged 5.8 ppg in '88-'89 and 11.5 ppg '89-'90? I was going to ask how tall you were and how tall you expected BJ to be when he was done growing.

I looked this game up. It took place on November 18, 1988. Syracuse 92 LaSalle 76.

Very cool.

Am I to assume you are Bob Johnson, the 6'4" guard who averaged 5.8 ppg in '88-'89 and 11.5 ppg '89-'90? I was going to ask how tall you were and how tall you expected BJ to be when he was done growing.

I am that Bob Johnson and I left LaSalle at 6'5" and 165pds soak and wet. According to his doctor on one of his wellness visits, maybe 6'9' or 6'10 when he is done. His mother is 6'0" who also played a little.

So since your son is BJ, is he Bob Junior? Or I guess then he might be Robert Junior so then it might have been RJ...either way, doesn't matter, glad to have you on board.

From everything I've read and seen, I have a feeling nabbing BJ when we did is going to work out similarly to getting Carter-Williams when he was still somewhat unknown and subsequently blew up. Glad to have him on board. A 6-8 kid who can shoot and handle the rock and possibly play the 2 is one heck of a weapon, especially in our zone.

So since your son is BJ, is he Bob Junior? Or I guess then he might be Robert Junior so then it might have been RJ...either way, doesn't matter, glad to have you on board.

From everything I've read and seen, I have a feeling nabbing BJ when we did is going to work out similarly to getting Carter-Williams when he was still somewhat unknown and subsequently blew up. Glad to have him on board. A 6-8 kid who can shoot and handle the rock and possibly play the 2 is one heck of a weapon, especially in our zone.

He is actually Robert Johnson III, I'm known as Bobby or Bob to friends and family so BJ is simply a nickname. Things happen for a reason and I definitely agree that the CUSE is getting a hell of a player and student but a better person.

I am that Bob Johnson and I left LaSalle at 6'5" and 165pds soak and wet. According to his doctor on one of his wellness visits, maybe 6'9' or 6'10 when he is done. His mother is 6'0" who also played a little.
I am 5'6, my wife 5'0, my son, to be determined, but doctors don't imagine him to be over 5'7.
Although I could ball way back when, I have to ask the question:
Can I get some of the water you guys are drinking? ;)

He is actually Robert Johnson III, I'm known as Bobby or Bob to friends and family so BJ is simply a nickname. Things happen for a reason and I definitely agree that the CUSE is getting a hell of a player and student but a better person.
I guess it's decided then. RJIII it is.

He is coming from a really high caliber academic public school district. I can't speak to BJ personally obviously, but if he is making the grade at Lower Merion, he shouldn't have any problem doing so once he gets to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom