BJ Transfers | Syracusefan.com

BJ Transfers

I have been a HUGE BJ proponent since the kid signed. Sorry to see him go, and wish him [and his father] the best wherever he ends up.

Wouldn't remotely surprise me to see him go to a Big 5 school, and after a transfer redshirt year [where he has a chance to have his physique catch up to the level of his athleticism] to see him average 17 / 8 / 3 / 2 / 1 as a versatile force on both ends.

Really wish he had redshirted one year here. I think that would have made all the difference. Sorry to see him go. Good luck young man!

Couldn't agree more. Kid could have been a very, very good player here. But I don't blame him--instead of this being the end of his RF year, his career is half over--and he an opportunity to maximize the remaining half. Best of luck to him.

Not surprising. I think everyone saw that coming. Now, that frees up a schollie, right? Even with the sanctions?
depends on how you read it . . . I am in the (minority) camp that the answer is "no"

depends on how you read it . . . I am in the (minority) camp that the answer is "no"

I don't think that's the minority perspective--I think it is just unclear whether the appeal process [and associated temporary freeze in penalties] provides a loophole to squeeze him in.

I gotta say everything Anomander has said during this whole tough process has bore out to be true. Good luck in your future endeavors BJ Johnson and family you represented the Orange for two years and we are thankful for your time on the Hill. I hope you have a great last two years of playing at another university and will always be a part of the Orange family.

I wished things would have worked out, but its probably the best for BJ, best of luck to him.

That's a bummer. He's going to end up someplace and average 15 a game.

yeah, but the assembly line that is Syracuse recruiting meant that it was never going to be here . . . at best, he could have had an off the bench, James Southerland-like senior year

sad to see him go, like RF I had high hopes for him and I think he barely scratched the surface with his talent.

Best of luck. Wasn't a good fit especially with sanctions coming up. Best fit for both sides in reality and wish him nothing with the best because I'm sure he's a good kid and obviously has talent to produce at a D1 school somewhere

The key was his frosh year. If he had red shirted he would have been a star here. Now, with a year of getting stronger, he will put up strong numbers somewhere else. I wish him the best of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom