Blaming the Wrong Boeheim... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming the Wrong Boeheim...

Pretty sure they went on a 7-0 run right after Buddy came back in for Goodine.

(Which is just as meaningless as a +7 run when Brycen was in there, because neither guy really did anything of note to contribute to that run.)

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but Guerrier’s giveaway foul 90 feet from the basket with about 1:30 to play was a terrible play... gifted them 2 points down the stretch.

defense

This has literally nothing to do with the post you responded to. Nothing.

I think you're wrong. We all want to win games. I totally blame our historically great coach for the mess we are as a team. There is nothing out of context here.

you’ve watched Syracuse basketball for a while, I assume. So there should be no explanation necessary.

edit: I don’t want to sound like a jerk. Trevor Cooney is an example of a non-blood relative of James Arthur who was left in games or returned to games when another viable option was available. Games in which Cooney was the worst performer on the court between both teams.
Jon gillon would be another. Terrible defender and wildly inconsistent on the offensive end.

We took the #8 team in the country to the wire on their home floor.

We were 9.5 point underdogs to a team that is very long and deep.

It's a tough loss, but 2 months ago we lose this game by 20...

Dude, we aren't playing horseshoes. And this isn't little league. We continue to lose games we should win. NIT here we come

How bout he doesn’t commit two totally useless reach ins each first half ?
AGREED.
First foul, as recall, was along the sideline:
Marek extended his knee needlessly as opponent attempted to dribble AWAY from the hoop.
Seems like every game, these stupid fouls impact the game later.

We’ve been mediocre for 6 years. We will be mediocre next year. The kool aid drinking makes little sense.

Well that’s your opinion. We will find out next year. Our young guys have got a lot better and if Eli leaves I believe we will sign another forward.

Well that’s your opinion. We will find out next year. Our young guys have got a lot better and if Eli leaves I believe we will sign another forward.

We are 14-11. We don’t have any highly rated recruits on the roster. We don’t have any coming in next year. We play in a conference with Duke, UNC, Louisville, FSU, etc. We haven’t competed for a conference title since 2014. Our standards have dropped to being happy that our mediocre roster is improving. Are we BC?

We are 14-11. We don’t have any highly rated recruits on the roster. We don’t have any coming in next year. We play in a conference with Duke, UNC, Louisville, FSU, etc. We haven’t competed for a conference title since 2014. Our standards have dropped to being happy that our mediocre roster is improving. Are we BC?

I regret even posting in this thread, but whatever. Guys get better. That’s how Nova eventually won. We have lost a lot of games where we blew the lead. I think that will change next year.

Could JB give Buddy less minutes? Sure. But the posts have become stupid. I saw a tweet where a person said he should play D-3 and compared him to Cooney. Buddy is a wayyy better shooter than Cooney...Think before you post if you have these opinions. It makes you look stupid.

Last edited:
Hughes doesn’t get the drives to the basket with Goodine in the game. Buddy keeps the floor spread. Goodine‘s man would have helped on all the drives.
Rosie Boouie on radio postgame: Buddy occupies 3 players on floor. The guy guarding him, the guy who's supposed to help on the double team and a third guy who is supposed to help if one of the other two are screened or out of position. His presence has to be accounted for, unlike Goodine. He creates space for the other players because of the attention he gets. Rosie said people would complain when Cooney was in a slump and JB would leave him in game. JB would leave Cooney in game for same reason. Although he's cold. he's still a threat. Goodine is no threat at this point in his career.

We had a lead late in the second half. So that was a nice thing I wasn’t expecting.
I guess if we are looking for moral victories this is good. FSU did not play (arguably) their best player the entire game and the guy who was hot early missed 20 minutes or so with a busted lip. But hey. we were close. We are (and have been for years) a very average ACC team (and this year in a really bad ACC with a real easy schedule) and it looks like that will continue next year by all indications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom