BMK needs to be taken out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BMK needs to be taken out

He was our third center last year? News to me.

Come on you did watch the games right? After dc2 got hurt Bays came in for Rak and played more down the stretch.

The problem I have with this thread about BMK is the all or nothing stance of many Cuse fans, on this forum and on the chat. Either a player is a hero or a bust. One of our guys hits a rough patch, and certain fans claim he's no good and shouldn't be playing at all. There is no middle ground. Cooney got that treatment last year and certain games this year. Ennis provoked comments that stated that the sky was falling, and he could nothing right. Same with Christmas. Mike G got the same treatment.

It's a quick drop from the penthouse to the shithouse around here; or vice versa.

jordoo said:
Come on you did watch the games right? After dc2 got hurt Bays came in for Rak and played more down the stretch.

Third centers don't get the majority of the minutes from the position. He was the #1 or #2 center the whole season.

is it possible for a starter to get Boeheimed? ;)

Boeheim_Do.jpg

I respect the **** out of BMK and he's a legit 3rd Center. Nothing to hate on him for. With that being said, Rak and Coleman have surpassed him and by what looks to be quite a large margin early on. I don't mind spot minutes for BMK here and there and against some teams he might be the better defensive option but he shouldn't get minutes at the expense of Coleman, especially when Coleman was dominating.

We know what BMK is, a solid defensive energy guy. Coleman's ceiling is pretty high and he's just tapping into his potential right now. If he played starter minutes last night he probably has a double double and more around 15-18 points.

Also of note is that Keita's defensive game didnt even seem to fit last night. I didnt see anything from him that made me think he was even a better defensive option than Coleman against Minnesota.

Keita in no way can rebound like Rak and Coleman.
Keita doesnt have the offensive capability Coleman has.
Keita doesnt have the finishing capability Rak has. Imagine Keita trying theose ferocious Rak dunks?

I love BMK. He is a leader on this team. He clearly works his ass off. The fact of the matter was tonight Coleman should have gotten more time. Tonight, not this season, BMK hurt more than he did good in my opinion.

I trust Keita in March and in close conference games. But Coleman needed to be in tonight. He needs to be rewarded, as Keita has been. He also needs experience to draw from and improve from.
Why do I think if JB had gone with Coleman more in the second half and SU ended up losing, you'd be on here second-guessing his decision?

If you'd step back and really watch these games as a whole, you'd see JB is rewarding Coleman for his solid play, and is beginning to trust him more.

JB has to spread the love to all 3 centers all year long its just how its going to be - there will not be a clearly defined go to center until next year and even then

Why do I think if JB had gone with Coleman more in the second half and SU ended up losing, you'd be on here second-guessing his decision?

If you'd step back and really watch these games as a whole, you'd see JB is rewarding Coleman for his solid play, and is beginning to trust him more.
I wouldn't second guess that, because that's what I've been asking for all season. I don't think Coleman should get 30 mins a game, no way. I do think he should consistently get 20-23 minutes a game though if he keeps playing this well. That's yet to be seen though.

I wouldn't second guess that, because that's what I've been asking for all season. I don't think Coleman should get 30 mins a game, no way. I do think he should consistently get 20-23 minutes a game though if he keeps playing this well. That's yet to be seen though.

It's hard to really be too critical of BMK. He's been a warrior for many years. There have been so many games where his energy has made a big difference. In terms of last night BMK may have been suffering from some jet lag issues. I thought Grant was a little sluggish out there. Maybe tonight we will see both make an improvement.

In terms of playing time, I think who ever is playing well should get the most playing time. Last night we had:
RC: 22 minutes
DC: 16 minutes
BMK: 15 minutes

I like BMK's experience. I actually feel more comfortable with BMK on defense that having DC at this point. But I agree with you that this season DC has been making improvements. And as a result, maybe he should be getting more playing time. Maybe JB is saving DC's knees for the long season.

[quthink2-3zone, post: 819294, member: 3651"]Third centers don't get the majority of the minutes from the position. He was the #1 or #2 center the whole season.[/quote]

I think I misunderstood your post and agreed he was really the primary center down the stretch.

Dude stop. The kid plays his ass off. One bad game and we piss on him? If rak and dc played with half the effort they would be all world

It's been two games in a row where Coleman got shafted IMO. Keita got bullied around in the last two games, and honestly, gets bullied around a lot in general. If he's having a good game, I'm fine with him playing because he brings good leadership on defense even if his rebounding and hands are a bit lackluster. But when the other two centers outplay him, they should be playing.

Yeah, this is true too. He's definitely starting to play Coleman more. It's just frustrating to see him get taken out with like 10 minutes left when he's having a good game, and you just know he isn't getting back in the rest of the night.

SU is playing 3 games in 3 days

Coleman is a big guy whose cardiovascular endurance is still developing

If JB coached the way some of you assclowns want, DC would be gassed with 17 minutes left to play and nothing left in the tank for today.

How the tide has turned. It was just before the St Francis game the talk was beyond just not starting DC2, but even if he should play. Now 2 games later, the board is looking to banish BMK.

BMK is a solid experienced senior who has earned JB's trust. DC2 is a sophomore who is just earning his time. BMK is an important player on this team, his role is not replaced by 2 good games out of DC2.

The good news is DC2 has made positive strides. He has been rewarded and is being made a more intregal part of the team. If he can continue on this course I think he could work his way into the offensive end of the offensive/defensive substitution role by January.

SU is playing 3 games in 3 days

Coleman is a big guy whose cardiovascular endurance is still developing

If JB coached the way some of you assclowns want, DC would be gassed with 17 minutes left to play and nothing left in the tank for today.
I haven't seen him look the least bit tired lately. He's also noticeably quicker on both sides of the court.

exactly

Like, not even close. He should at least be pressed a little in order to get ready for the pace he'll see immediately in ACC play.

Like, not even close. He should at least be pressed a little in order to get ready for the pace he'll see immediately in ACC play.

We don't play three games in three days in ACC play.

three games in three days, grasshopper

JB is building toward conference play; it isn't tomorrow.

patient, you are not.

three games in three days, grasshopper

JB is building toward conference play; it isn't tomorrow.

patient, you are not.
True, I was thoroughly impressed though that he was keeping up with the ridiculously irresponsible fast paced first half though. I don't know how either team maintained that. Ennis and Cooney need to learn to slow down and get some sort of half court offense going.

That a boy BMK, great dunk.

Trueblue25 said:
That a boy BMK, great dunk.

I'd take the 6 rebounds he should have at this point instead.

I'd take the 6 rebounds he should have at this point instead.
None of the centers are standing out tonight...

...unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom