Boardwalk Empire | Syracusefan.com

Boardwalk Empire

Don't want to drop any spoilers in case folks missed it last night but man what a great episode to start the season with.

Great episode, as the producer noted on the on demand recap there going darker this year and the first episdoe definitely had that. Interested to see what they are doing with Harrow, he seems all over the place at least in the first episode. One thing that is continuing with the series is that there seems to be about 10 different angles all going on at once and there are several new characters. Sometimes I wish they would give a little more background on some of the characters and also what happened to Rothstein with his legal issues.

I left off at season 2. I need to get caught back up asap. Loved this show

You definitely should. Season 3 is pretty solid especially the last two episdoes. Season 4 looks like a doozy as well. Amazing how good the Knucky Thompson character is. The Harrow character is somehow even better.

You definitely should. Season 3 is pretty solid especially the last two episdoes. Season 4 looks like a doozy as well. Amazing how good the Knucky Thompson character is. The Harrow character is somehow even better best.
Fixed.

Finally caught it. Very good episode, however, grantland has a really good article about the loss if empathy in boardwalk.
Unfortunately I agree in large part:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9631347/hbo-boardwalk-empire-returns

I still thoroughly enjoy the show but...

Grantland's articles can tend to lean on the side of super pretentious, but I couldn't help but agree to a point.

Finally caught it. Very good episode, however, grantland has a really good article about the loss if empathy in boardwalk.
Unfortunately I agree in large part:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9631347/hbo-boardwalk-empire-returns

I still thoroughly enjoy the show but...

Grantland's articles can tend to lean on the side of super pretentious, but I couldn't help but agree to a point.

I dont necessarily agree with the article but the author is right about one thing, writing off the Jimmy Darmody character was a huge mistake. He was by far the best character along with Harrow and the possiblities of where they coudl have taken his character are endless. Hated how he was killed so early in the series.

I dont necessarily agree with the article but the author is right about one thing, writing off the Jimmy Darmody character was a huge mistake. He was by far the best character along with Harrow and the possiblities of where they coudl have taken his character are endless. Hated how he was killed so early in the series.
One ancillary benefit of killing Darmody is that it freed Harrow up to become a wrecking ball. That said, there were other ways to unleash Harrow, many of which would have given rise to fascinating plot lines (imagine Darmody somehow crossing Harrow a la the Walt & Jessie angle in BB?).

I have a friend who was in on the production of the first few seasons, and from what he said, Michael Pitt (allegedly) assaulted Buschemi while filming at some point. Have to assume that would be the reason why they had to get rid of him. Shame if true.

It's amazing that I am actually rooting for that psychopath Van Alden and his hot Norwegian wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom