Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

Would be pretty nuts if Bras leaving keeps Woody here, that would also help with Kadary I think. I think
Most of us would sign up for Woody over Bras
Sounds great but it could also be a double whammy and we end up losing Kadary and Woody after Braswell. Hope not. I kile your scenario better

Yeah, but since he's Boeheim's kid, does he have to use a scholly for that?

And I duck and cover with that one...
You are technically correct, he does not need the scholly but he could occupy considerable playing time. That is what most or all transfers are looking for

why do some of you just make stuff up?
What indications are there that JB won't give his other kid 35+ mins per night?

He never sat Buddy in a tournament game as a true Freshman when he was scoreless.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't play 30+ the next 2 years.

I figured either Bras or Woody was a probably starter next year.

If they both leave, then I hope we’ve got a transfer Forward better than Jimmy lined up to come in and start alongside Benny.
So it makes me wonder why Bras is going portal. This supposedly is surprising everyone. Is it because Woody is staying? Because he wants to be closer to home? Not sure we will completely know the answer. JB making space (which makes no sense). Since we are possibly losing a few forwards I think JB hits the portal for a few whether his son joins or not. I wont pre judge his son but whose to say maybe JB brings in a couple and his son becomes “Bras off the bench for 15 minutes per “ but another is ahead of him for 25? I think there are a number of permutations here and it will take some time for all the chips to get played. It’s going to be interesting though.

Good luck to him. I would not panic yet folks. Part of the ride. Pieces will be coming and going. Wait until the dust settles.
If the ride Includes a third boeheim I want off

Does anyone actually think Jimmy wont start. Seriously, JBs oldest kid sits while his little brother plays 40 minutes a game. Sure.

I met Braswell at Charlotte Douglas Airport when he was flying home to South Carolina. He took the time to let me get his picture with my son, so we were really pulling for him this year. He is a great kid and I hope he finds a good school where he will prosper. Good luck Bobby Braswell.

Jimmy did torch us for 25 points a year ago. He’s pretty physical and a good shooter and passer. At least he can go left.
.295 % from 3 and .716 % from the line in his most recent year.

.298 % from 3 and .674 % from the line in his career.

Is he really a good shooter? Numbers don’t say so. I remember him playing well against Cuse

If he was a 40% 3 point shooter, I’d be a lot more optimistic.

.295 % from 3 and .716 % from the line in his most recent year.

.298 % from 3 and .674 % from the line in his career.

Is he really a good shooter? Numbers don’t say so. I remember him playing well against Cuse

If he was a 40% 3 point shooter, I’d be a lot more optimistic.
He’s had a year to improve his stroke In his private gym. Let’s hope he’s gotten better.

See ya. And once again, if he had another name after averaging 16 a game and scoring 25 against us, people here would be drooling. Jimmy Boeheim will be the least of our worries. Unless people want him to be since they really can't attack Buddy anymore.
I don’t think people are worried as much about Jimmy being here as they are the playing time he might get, that’s all

I don’t think people are worried as much about Jimmy being here as they are the playing time he might get, that’s all
Agreed I don’t mind him coming here at all, could be a decent reserve player, but I fear he will start taking minutes from Benny or another young promising forward causing another Woody like situation at the end of next year.

See ya. And once again, if he had another name after averaging 16 a game and scoring 25 against us, people here would be drooling. Jimmy Boeheim will be the least of our worries. Unless people want him to be since they really can't attack Buddy anymore.
Its the %’s that worry me.

I’d be more excited if he averaged 11 ppg but shot 40% from 3, personally.

Seriously, has anyone here watched him much? Honestly curious what aspects of his game are the strongest and how they will translate here.

Feel like he was going to the hole, and making some mid range floater type stuff against us. Is that his game? If so, can he do it consistently at this level? What are we thinking he’ll put up here, production wise, minutes wise, and %’s wise?

Jimmy is one of the best coaches ever at getting the right guys taking the right shots, IMO. Wes Johnson is a great example of a guy whose %’s were much better here. Matt Moyer’s fell off a cliff at Vandy. Nobody would know Jimmy’s strengths better and how to incorporate them here than his dad. Hope it works out.

Jimmy can rebound, take care of the ball, and will be a grown man compared to a nice chunk of the dudes he’ll play against. And his offensive efficiency is just about guaranteed to improve when he’s not the first option on a bad team.

I have zero doubt that he can be a good piece on a really good team.

Edit: I’m also not worried about JB starting him/giving him 35 minutes if we have Woody or Q come back. Maybe I should be but the last month changed my outlook on the nep***** word.

This.

IF Jimmy is here like Chazz Owens is here -
nobody has a problem with that.

4th (or beyond) Forward, gets some minutes in OOC, and only in ‘break glass in case of emergency’ mode during ACC play.

We CANNOT afford to have another minus athlete wing in our zone.
The 2 we have is too many.

Jimmy did torch us for 25 points a year ago. He’s pretty physical and a good shooter and passer. At least he can go left.
I think Jimmy is a good player. He has a good shot is physically strong and plays with an edge. The question is can he cover the wing and i think he can.
Im good with him at the 4 5 star at 3 Buddy 2 Kadary 1 and either Edwards or Frank at the 5.

Joe backs up the 1 and 2

Woody backs up 3 and 4

Add a true power forward and we end up middle of ACC and 10 seed.
The key is keeping Kadary.

Jimmy can rebound, take care of the ball, and will be a grown man compared to a nice chunk of the dudes he’ll play against. And his offensive efficiency is just about guaranteed to improve when he’s not the first option on a bad team.

I have zero doubt that he can be a good piece on a really good team.
I think this is on the money. I still hope that if Q leaves that we look at bringing in a high end wing player available in the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom