Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

It’s not a question of the last one. Have we had transfers come in and pick it up and the answer is yes. The zone is not learning sanskrit. I imagine we can find players that will be able to handle it well enough.
Then you’ve been watching a different team and not listen to the coach about people not “understanding” the defense.

Kadary leaves, our defense will look amazing compared to next year.

Last edited:
Then you’ve been watching a different team and not listen to the coach about people not “understanding” the defense.

Kadary leaves, our defense will look amazing compared to last year.
I was talking about backfilling Bras with a transfer. You are talking about Kadary? I would hate to lose Kadarys play style and athleticism. Thats a tougher replacement than Bras.

I was talking about backfilling Bras with a transfer. You are talking about Kadary? I would hate to lose Kadarys play style and athleticism. Thats a tougher replacement than Bras.
Sure it is, but anybody that comes in is a net negative on the defensive side.

All I know is if the bras comes off there is instant Woody if bras goes on woody he gone.

If he develops a handle? Isn’t he going to be a 4th year junior?
Did you read the first part? The one about injury. Also you do realize practice was limited due to the pandemic. Buddy has been playing basketball since he entered this world. Has had the benefit of personal trainers and a court in his house plus buds like Devo working him out. He just developed a marginal handle this year.

My two cents. Not going to read through 12 pages, so apologies if some of this is redundant.

• A little surprised, due to the expanded role Braswell got over the last 10+ games, suggesting more PT next year
  • With Q and others leaving, he might have started next year [and the next, it he came back for year 5]
  • Don't blame him a bit for seeking opportunities where he could not just start, but play a ton over his two remaining years of eligibility
  • Oh well...
Not giving up hope yet on Q -- as long as he doesn't sign with an agent, I think there is a decent chance he could still return.

When ? Guys who have already long since entered the portal we haven't been in the teams listed. BTW if Jimmy is coming here why is he not already here or rumors out there.
You gotta relax

When you see it from my point of view, it's not that bad.

1617064810508.png

I agree but there are some pretty heavy duty Bras fans in this thread. They may not see it that way.
I figured either Bras or Woody was a probably starter next year.

If they both leave, then I hope we’ve got a transfer Forward better than Jimmy lined up to come in and start alongside Benny.

IMHO Bras can't do much better at another school or in another situation given his talent level. Again, but what do I know? This is just the new dynamic. Portaling has become an option. Doubly so during COVID/Social Media times .
Yeah, I think Braswell found his niche here towards the end of the year.

I could be wrong, but I don’t really see him as a guy who can do a lot more and expand his game. I don’t see any playmaking skills. He’s a good defender (that is perfect for the zone) and a capable 3 point shooter. Ideal 5th starter on a team with versatile offensive players to go with him, or role player off the bench. But maybe he wants to go closer to home in these crazy times or something. Can’t be much fun being thousands of miles away from home, and being stuck in your room 24/7 except when they let you out to hoop.

Ok some players never have a bad week of practice

whats that got to do with Jimmy coming here and playing 38mpg?

When ? Guys who have already long since entered the portal we haven't been in the teams listed. BTW if Jimmy is coming here why is he not already here or rumors out there.
Have you missed the rumors out there that Jimmy might be coming??? Its been the talk of the town on the pay side. Suprised you missed it.

Yeah, I think Braswell found his niche here towards the end of the year.

I could be wrong, but I don’t really see him as a guy who can do a lot more and expand his game. I don’t see any playmaking skills. He’s a good defender (that is perfect for the zone) and a capable 3 point shooter. Ideal 5th starter on a team with versatile offensive players to go with him, or role player off the bench. But maybe he wants to go closer to home in these crazy times or something. Can’t be much fun being thousands of miles away from home, and being stuck in your room 24/7 except when they let you out to hoop.
Seems like a team like Bryant or Oral Roberts that runs and bombs threes would be an awesome fit for Bobby. Let him get up 5-8 per game and some nights he’ll give you 20 points.

Hopefully his legs hold up, I’ll be rooting for him wherever he goes

Seems like a team like Bryant or Oral Roberts that runs and bombs threes would be an awesome fit for Bobby. Let him get up 5-8 per game and some nights he’ll give you 20 points.

Hopefully his legs hold up, I’ll be rooting for him wherever he goes

Yeah, maybe. Was hoping he’d become a Southerland type player here, which he was kinda getting there at the end of the year.

whats that got to do with Jimmy coming here and playing 38mpg?
Buddy wasn’t ready for the minutes he was handed. He was allowed to grow into his role. Some players were not afforded that opportunity. So why wouldn’t he do it again?

Yeah, maybe. Was hoping he’d become a Southerland type player here, which he was kinda getting there at the end of the year.
I should say that I think he’s a P5 level player and I was going to use Alabama as my example but I could already picture people giving me chit about it.

I was very surprised this afternoon and it sucks but if Woody comes back we don’t have anything to worry about with our forwards. Even if Q dips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom