Boeheim’s Army Roster | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim’s Army Roster

3. Boeheim's Army (Syracuse alumni), No. 1 seed (Syracuse region)
Featuring familiar faces and NBA experience, Boeheim's Army has one of the most intriguing rosters in the event. Hakim Warrick and Eric Devendorf are back for another run. But adding 2015 NBA first-round pick Chris McCullough and bucket-getter Jordan Crawford makes this team a real threat to Overseas Elite.

The best player on the team didnt even go to Syracuse. Interesting.

Who else even is the close?

All of these guys are pro athletes. Half the roster has NBA experience. If he’s the best player, that means we have a really, really good team.

You guys are homers. Warrick is the only who has had close to the professional success as Crawford. Crawford is much younger and closer to his prime than Hakim.

That’s in the past. He plays overseas like the SU guys now. He may be the best on the team, but a few others are close.

Crawford is by far the best on the team...
Crawford played almost 300 games in the NBA, most recently as 2018.

Hak played over 500 but hasn’t played an NBA game since 2013

Chris Mac only played 59 games in the NBA

The addition of Crawford makes the roster pretty interesting. I think the games will end up being dominated by Crawford and Triche if we’re going to win. AO and Mookie make a formidable pair down low. Should be interesting to watch. I think they need one or two more players. White, DNic or James Southerland would be good adds.

Crawford played almost 300 games in the NBA, most recently as 2018.

Hak played over 500 but hasn’t played an NBA game since 2013

Chris Mac only played 59 games in the NBA

The addition of Crawford makes the roster pretty interesting. I think the games will end up being dominated by Crawford and Triche if we’re going to win. AO and Mookie make a formidable pair down low. Should be interesting to watch. I think they need one or two more players. White, DNic or James Southerland would be good adds.

Or Silent G.

Lengthy wing shooter is the only missing piece now, and any of these guys would bring that.
Silent G is a bit more versatile than the other 3, so he'd be my preference, but - any of those guys you listed can fill it up from 3, and in a hurry.

Or Silent G.

Lengthy wing shooter is the only missing piece now, and any of these guys would bring that.
Silent G is a bit more versatile than the other 3, so he'd be my preference, but - any of those guys you listed can fill it up from 3, and in a hurry.

Agree about G's versatility, but did he ever become a really good 3-point shooter (not that that's the most or only vital consideration here)? It seems like DNic and Southy were bigger threats; partly due to their height.

Agree about G's versatility, but did he ever become a really good 3-point shooter (not that that's the most or only vital consideration here)? It seems like DNic and Southy were bigger threats; partly due to their height.

If only there was a way to find out...

Michael Gbinije

Shot 39% as a Jr & Sr, the latter year when he was also defacto PG and Option 1 on O.

He's 6'7", those guys are 6'8" - you think 1" makes them bigger shooting threats?
Seems is the operative word - Silent G averaged 17 as a Sr, Southy only 13, also on 39% from 3.

DNic is the winner here - he shot almost 42% from 3, and averaged a hair under 19ppg.

FWIW - Steph Curry is 6'3", and Klay Thompson is 6'7"

If only there was a way to find out...

Michael Gbinije

Shot 39% as a Jr & Sr, the latter year when he was also defacto PG and Option 1 on O.

He's 6'7", those guys are 6'8" - you think 1" makes them bigger shooting threats?
Seems is the operative word - Silent G averaged 17 as a Sr, Southy only 13, also on 39% from 3.

DNic is the winner here - he shot almost 42% from 3, and averaged a hair under 19ppg.

FWIW - Steph Curry is 6'3", and Klay Thompson is 6'7"

Some good points. G shot well, but I wondered how that would translate to a tournament with these kinds of players (Gbinijie wasn't a point guard to begin with - but either way, would he be used there? Or as a 3?)

I thought 6'7" was only his "college height," heh. DNic is a more legit 6'7", and Southerland is a real 6'8'. Not that a few inches more are everything, but they seem to be in college, and with some NBA recruiters.

Not sure what Steph Curry has to do with this. Just thought there is a distinction to be made between facing a current college team (where G's #'s were good), and teams made up of players like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom