Boeheim’s Army Roster | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim’s Army Roster

He was bad two years ago. Last year he was good. I think he got himself in a lot better shape. He threw down some dunks that looked like him in his younger days.

He averaged 20+ minutes per game in over 40 games this past season in the G League. He may not be 19 year old Hak anymore, but he should be in reasonable shape. I don't think TBT is quite on par with the G League competition yet.

I can't be the only one who finds this tournament kind of sad and boring, am I? It's like watching Mickey Rivers show up at Old Timers Day. For a minute you're excited as it reminds you of your youth, then it just becomes depressing as you see that time marches on.
You may be. We have actual Syracuse players playing something meaningful for themselves and representing us...in the sports dead period when there’s not many other things going on. I can’t come up with the downside.

I can't be the only one who finds this tournament kind of sad and boring, am I? It's like watching Mickey Rivers show up at Old Timers Day. For a minute you're excited as it reminds you of your youth, then it just becomes depressing as you see that time marches on.
You're not i find it pretty sad how much media attention it gets. Its alright but doesn't do it for me.

It's ridiculous and I love it.

I wouldn't say it makes me sad, but I can't get into as if the real Syracuse is playing. I hope the guys do well and win the whole thing, and I'll probably be watching. But I won't be on the edge of my seat and I certainly won't be ripping into guys in game threads and talking about how they haven't improved at all since they left Syracuse or anything crazy like that.

Some of these guys are in their prime and a lot better than the SU days. Warrick being one of the line exceptions that’s past his prime. But he’s still really good. The level of basketball is pretty good, recognizable names and nothing but baseball is on at that point in the summer. For hoops junkies, it’s really a fun thing.

Mickey Rivers is old, very old.

... and nothing but baseball is on at that point in the summer. For hoops junkies, it’s really a fun thing.
There's some pretty good golf and tennis on TV this summer. US Golf Open at Pebble Beach next week, followed by The (British) Open in mid-July. In tennis, French Open is currently on, followed in a few weeks by Wimbledon. There's also some soccer stuff going on. You can't say there are no sports at this time of year. And, yes, there's baseball. Go Yankees!

There's some pretty good golf and tennis on TV this summer. US Golf Open at Pebble Beach next week, followed by The (British) Open in mid-July. In tennis, French Open is currently on, followed in a few weeks by Wimbledon. There's also some soccer stuff going on. You can't say there are no sports at this time of year. And, yes, there's baseball. Go Yankees!

Playing golf in the summer is great, but watching golf, not so much. Of course it is all a matter of opinion. I much prefer the women's world cup, and I do not even like soccer that much.

I first got into SU hoops when I moved to DeWitt in 3rd grade and sat next to a girl named Nodie Danforth. She said her dad coached the local team. I didn’t know her long as she moved to New Orleans shortly after I arrived. I think they gave the job to the assistant coach.

Anyway, I’ve followed Cuse hoops for quite awhile. I just can’t get into the Cuse alumni team. I’ve tried. Luckily I love baseball.

Last edited:

Some people - and by some, I mean a lot - don’t watch golf or tennis. Baseball is great but a big time commitment & super long season. Will watch Women’s World Cup and the Yanks, but the others you mentioned don’t really move the needle for me.

You're not i find it pretty sad how much media attention it gets. Its alright but doesn't do it for me.

The local media has jobs to do and people care more about ex SU players than MLB prospects for the current AAA affiliate that changes every couple years.

Speaking of baseball it boils my blood that college baseball is still going and will for another 2-3 weeks but lacrosse was stopped 2 weeks ago at the peak of interest when plenty of casual fans would like to watch games like SU-Hopkins. Its insanity the season starts so early first week of Feb and ends so early way before any HS seasons there is no real interest in college baseball yet every ESPN channel shows college baseball or softball 24/7 this time of year. I don't know why NCAA lax can't get their act together and push the season back so the last week of the regular season is Memorial Day and the tournament is in June. Try and show one game a night on national TV the kids would love the extra exposure.

The local media has jobs to do and people care more about ex SU players than MLB prospects for the current AAA affiliate that changes every couple years.

Speaking of baseball it boils my blood that college baseball is still going and will for another 2-3 weeks but lacrosse was stopped 2 weeks ago at the peak of interest when plenty of casual fans would like to watch games like SU-Hopkins. Its insanity the season starts so early first week of Feb and ends so early way before any HS seasons there is no real interest in college baseball yet every ESPN channel shows college baseball or softball 24/7 this time of year. I don't know why NCAA lax can't get their act together and push the season back so the last week of the regular season is Memorial Day and the tournament is in June. Try and show one game a night on national TV the kids would love the extra exposure.

Championships are staggered by the NCAA so they can better distribute their content. Believe it or not, college softball is pretty popular and is more popular than men’s lax from a ratings perspective. Average final four & championship viewership was 260K for men’s lax while softball averages 458K for all NCAA Tournament games. Numbers are from 2017.

I went to see them in BK the last few years and it's a ton of fun. All cuse people supporting these guys. If you don't like it...it's a you problem

I went to see them in BK the last few years and it's a ton of fun. All cuse people supporting these guys. If you don't like it...it's a you problem
I don't see it as a problem at all.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I love this tournament and really enjoy watching it. I'm debating flying to Chicago. I wouldn't say I enjoy it like Syracuse basketball but I don't enjoy anything that much. I don't find it sad at all. Not every kid is going to play in the NBA and I enjoy seeing guys like Triche playing well in Italy and coming back. I think it's fun basketball to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom