Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here”

I disagree. You get a much better feel for the game being live. You can see effort and body language. You see bench players reactions and you can tell when officials are not paying attention to the game, ie TV Ted.
Not to mention off ball defensive rotations. And jockeying for position in the post when the ball is on the perimeter and overall physicality. With good sidecourt seats you see MUCH more at the game than on tv. And it’s not close.

The dome in this day and age is a bad basketball arena……anything under 20,000 feels empty and cavernous. I was spoiled by the good old days in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s when every game felt like an event. The world has changed and this NIL garbage and transfer portal certainly isn’t helping bring in new fans. I’ll always watch Syracuse games, however I could care less about watching other teams anymore.

The dome in this day and age is a bad basketball arena……anything under 20,000 feels empty and cavernous. I was spoiled by the good old days in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s when every game felt like an event. The world has changed and this NIL garbage and transfer portal certainly isn’t helping bring in new fans. I’ll always watch Syracuse games, however I could care less about watching other teams anymore.
Ehhh….we averaged like 26,000 in 2014(I think). It was one of those years around 2012-14.

Win games and the Dome will be packed and jumping again. Like it was for football this year when we were winning.

The place looks great with the scoreboard, roof, orange and blue paint on the walls up top. Get those navy blue seats in there and more fans and there’s not a better place in the country. IMO.

He also said Benny has been best player in practice just to turn around and say Copeland has been best player in practice two minutes later.

I think hes said been is our best forward and then said Copeland has been the best player in practice.

That said, I love how this message board gets under his skin. Someone tell him we are all irrational but were also the people who love the team the most.

What about 2000-16? We won a title in 2003. And had our best 5 year span from 2008-09 thru 2013-14. And went to the Final Four in 2016. All time record attendance came against Duke in 2014 and we broke that record two times after that.

Not to mention off ball defensive rotations. And jockeying for position in the post when the ball is on the perimeter and overall physicality. With good sidecourt seats you see MUCH more at the game than on tv. And it’s not close.
Interesting take by coach in the postgame saying something along the lines of people can’t criticize if they aren’t at the game. He said you can’t see things from home.

Well, I was at the game today because I love being there. But I can tell you, I can see a heckuva lot better on my HD TV with replays than I can from my seat at the dome with very few replays.
Silly argument; there are things you can see better in person (especially if you are standing on the sidelines or in fabulous court side seats) but there are things you can see better from the multiple TV angles and replays on your couch. JB says things.

It’s interesting how people hear and interpret what JB says in these press conferences so differently. He explicitly states “people that don’t come to GAMES can’t judge what’s going on out there and you can’t see things on TV.” Yet people say he was talking about practice.

It’s interesting how people hear and interpret what JB says in these press conferences so differently. He explicitly states “people that don’t come to GAMES can’t judge what’s going on out there and you can’t see things on TV.” Yet people say he was talking about practice.
What about those who get the “real fan experience” up in section 311 but can’t really see the court that well? Do they get to comment.

What if they’re 6’3 240?

What about those who get the “real fan experience” up in section 311 but can’t really see the court that well? Do they get to comment.

What if they’re 6’3 240?
I am missing the context if this a joke? What is the real fan experience? I would like to experience this if it’s fun.

Can you link or copy and paste the quote.
If he is talking about games then he is gaslighting.
If he is talking about practice it’s so he can be passive aggressive against fans complaining and it’s pointless to be bothered.

He started out talking about fans not seeing practice and what goes on there. He went on about that for a bit then he said they aren’t at practice and they don’t come to games either and said what you point out.

If he is talking about practice it’s so he can be passive aggressive against fans complaining and it’s pointless to be bothered.

Starts around 3:00 mark

Starts around 3:00 mark
What he said that makes his staff and him look bad when he said Benny was freshman and didn’t play a lot last year and do anything deserve to play.
If you and your staff can’t get a 5 star top 30 recruit ready to play over a course of a entire season that isn’t good.

JB’s ‘sentences’ are often four minutes long. Word soup. You need a map and two Texas Instruments calculators to accurately understand the meanings.

He also said Benny has been best player in practice just to turn around and say Copeland has been best player in practice two minutes later.
Always talks out of both sides of his mouth. Guess he forgets what he’s said. Seems like he says whatever is convenient to justify what he’s done. If Quadir has been so good in practices why isn’t he getting playing time at his normal position (PG) when Judah is playing out of control? He can go in at the small forward position but what does that get you? He doesn’t give you the outside shooting that Bell or Taylor give you and that you need to spread the floor for Jesse to work or Judah to drive.

On a similar note I guess JB is still searching but it makes absolutely no sense to me to have a lineup of Judah Joe Quadir Malik/Bol and Jesse/Hima on the floor. Joe is the only shooter and with no other outside scoring threats he’s not getting the ball. Most productive group was the one on the floor at the end which provided the most versatility at each position, inside and outside scoring. rebounding and size

Always talks out of both sides of his mouth. Guess he forgets what he’s said. Seems like he says whatever is convenient to justify what he’s done. If Quadir has been so good in practices why isn’t he getting playing time at his normal position (PG) when Judah is playing out of control? He can go in at the small forward position but what does that get you? He doesn’t give you the outside shooting that Bell or Taylor give you and that you need to spread the floor for Jesse to work or Judah to drive.

On a similar note I guess JB is still searching but it makes absolutely no sense to me to have a lineup of Judah Joe Quadir Malik/Bol and Jesse/Hima on the floor. Joe is the only shooter and with no other outside scoring threats he’s not getting the ball. Most productive group was the one on the floor at the end which provided the most versatility at each position, inside and outside scoring. rebounding and size

That’s not what JB said. He said Bennys been the best forward in practice. So he wasn’t talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom