Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here” | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here”

Maybe if they had been competitive against a single P5 through this year I’d be worried
Hope you’re right. Seems like they lack ball handling. Wonder if we’ll take advantage of that, or let them comfortably bring the ball up and get into their offense?

We lost to Georgetown on the road last year who went 0-18 in the Big East.
Sorry I side with OrangeDW I am not taking any win for granted. Especially a road game even against 2-12 Louisville.
It’ll be a pretty easy 15 point win, Louisville is far worse than last years GT team, their advanced metrics are very very sad

Big thing with the Ville is we don't rely on threes to score. So going on the road vs any ACC team we have a good shot as long as we stick with continuing to attack inside and off the bounce.

I’m going to defend JB here a bit. First of all, Benny reminds me of a typical freshman that we’ve seen for 40 years. Often times they just don’t come in understanding the speed of the game and how to contribute. That was Benny last year. He’s getting better, he’s just going to need time. 15 years ago Benny wouldn’t sniff the floor because he’d have too much talent in front of him. We’re just seeing the sausage getting made now because the game is changed.

If you take a look at John Bol Ajak, and watch him play, you see somebody who clearly understands what we’re trying to do in knows where to be. The problem with him is that he just doesn’t have a talent of Benny Williams.

Benny on the other hand has all kinds of talent, but he doesn’t have the experience of being in a program for four years like Ajak.

If you combine Benny with Ajak, that is what Coach is looking for. Benny is just not translating his practice performance to the game.

Whether it’s effort or confidence, or whatever, there’s just a tremendous amount of upside with Benny.
The problem with the system that requires you to be in it for a few years before you ‘get it,’ is that kids aren’t going to be spending that much time in it before going pro or portalling out. So we will always be in a state where our most talented players—players who need to be playing the most minutes—will be the least experienced in it.

So did Michigan State.

When Izzo replaced Heathcote Michigan State had made the NCAAT 5 of his last 6 years. The program was trending upwards when Heathcote made Izzo associate HC.

Our program is trending downward if Wildhack wants to deflate this fanbase even more then sure hire an assistant on the bench. The AD has a done a great job exciting this fanbase.

Starts around 3:00 mark
Vintage Boeheim. Doesn’t suffer foolish questions. Challenges people who make judgments without full perspective. He’s not where he is because of his diplomacy. Some very good information for those willing to listen. The scoop on Copeland and Benny in practice was not inconsistent and very informative. Not minimizing how hard it is to ask meaningful questions, but why did he make turnovers and then not make turnovers?

When Izzo replaced Heathcote Michigan State had made the NCAAT 5 of his last 6 years. The program was trending upwards when Heathcote made Izzo associate HC.

Our program is trending downward if Wildhack wants to deflate this fanbase even more then sure hire an assistant on the bench. The AD has a done a great job exciting this fanbase.

The post was about Kenny Payne.

Point is it doesn't matter, sometimes you hit and sometimes you don't.

He'll either figure it out or they'll get someone else.

I’m going to defend JB here a bit. First of all, Benny reminds me of a typical freshman that we’ve seen for 40 years. Often times they just don’t come in understanding the speed of the game and how to contribute. That was Benny last year. He’s getting better, he’s just going to need time. 15 years ago Benny wouldn’t sniff the floor because he’d have too much talent in front of him. We’re just seeing the sausage getting made now because the game is changed.

If you take a look at John Bol Ajak, and watch him play, you see somebody who clearly understands what we’re trying to do in knows where to be. The problem with him is that he just doesn’t have a talent of Benny Williams.

Benny on the other hand has all kinds of talent, but he doesn’t have the experience of being in a program for four years like Ajak.

If you combine Benny with Ajak, that is what Coach is looking for. Benny is just not translating his practice performance to the game.

Whether it’s effort or confidence, or whatever, there’s just a tremendous amount of upside with Benny.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but if that’s the case, why didn’t we hit the portal last year for an experienced forward. The only thing I can think of is that Benny and Chris were promised starting positions in order to secure their commitment for the current year.

The roster construction is all on the head coach, who should bear the blame instead of criticizing freshman for their lack of production. Nobody on this roster, besides Benny, was a top 50 recruit. Judah is playing great for a freshman, on par with some of our all time guards in their first season

Hope you’re right. Seems like they lack ball handling. Wonder if we’ll take advantage of that, or let them comfortably bring the ball up and get into their offense?
george w bush strategy GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom