Boeheim, SU Basketball at a Crossroads | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim, SU Basketball at a Crossroads

The writer must be a member of this board.

He's so negative. Come on, all is well.

roy danforth left JB a team that went 100-18 his 1st 4 years. (off a final 4 in '75). let's hope JB hands over the same success.

Crossroads_Soundtrack.JPG

Nah, if he was a member of this board he would have had to have mentioned how FH was the root cause of our missing the NCAA tourney, how he shouldn't be in the program and is an overall cancer on everything Orange. That he didn't lead with these board facts let me know he's not a regular here.

If writer were from this board he say why can't Syracuse fans be patient as Scott Shafer got unceremoniously fired and Syracuse football sucked last year. So don't open your mouths about JB.

How dare fans want some accountability.

I want to make sure I got this right.

Crap on everything about the status of the program and act like the sky is falling = Just being realistic and objective

Say the program might not totally suck and could be borderline decent = Insane optimist who is ignoring the 'facts'

Did I get that right?

Why?

You can't be serious. Even landing Tucker/Ayala may not get us off the bubble. The team desperately needs ballhandling and scoring/shooting from the 3 spot. They should be ok at the 4/5 but good teams have threats everywhere and diversity. Recruiting looks really bleak for 2018 as well.

No, he is much more positive than that. He said our current roster is good enough for a mid-tier finish in the ACC. That sort of talk here would get a person pilloried as being "Team JB" or whatever the term was.

No, he is much more positive than that. He said our current roster is good enough for a mid-tier finish in the ACC. That sort of talk here would get a person pilloried as being "Team JB" or whatever the term was.
"All of the above could prove sufficient for a mid-tier ACC finish, but in the bigger picture, Syracuse needs a personnel plan going forward. In its ACC era, the program has had a succession of excellent, though not quite top-10, recruits -- Jerami Grant, Tyler Ennis, Malachi Richardson and now Lydon -- perform well enough as freshmen and/or sophomores to leave early. Meanwhile, Syracuse's leading player for minutes in each of the past two seasons has been a major-conference transfer in his senior season: Michael Gbinije in 2015-16 and White last season."

Syracuse could also win the ACC as well.
We need more pieces for next year. We need Tucker and a fifth year kid.

Our roster problems are the HCs fault why is that hard for people to accept. JB is a legend and HOFer but he makes mistakes and he isn't above criticism.

You can't be serious. Even landing Tucker/Ayala may not get us off the bubble. The team desperately needs ballhandling and scoring/shooting from the 3 spot. They should be ok at the 4/5 but good teams have threats everywhere and diversity. Recruiting looks really bleak for 2018 as well.

oh how history repeats itself. All I can say is, we'll see.

That's why we need a grad transfer pg, I look at this way, we get Tucker/Ayala, we are probably a bubble team, add a pg in addition to those guys, we might be pretty decent, if we don't add anyone, good news BC, you are no longer the worst team in the Acc.

IMO it wasn't a negative article. He's merely reciting facts. Let's face it, after that first year in the ACC, we've been a middle of the conference program for 3 straight years. So it's fair to raise some questions about where this program is headed. Our 2017 recruiting class is well below the norm for the program. Lot's of possible reasons. But if the 2018 class experiences similar results, we will know there's a real problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom